Supply & Demand Trading System

This is indeed constructive. This is what I need to develop my trading.

1. As much as I would love to do that, I find it difficult to follow that rule in S&D. Because the price moves away from the demand or Supply zone very quickly. And by the time the candle closes, you are risking a lot more and your TP has gotten smaller.
    However, I do see it very important to wait for a close if we are trading from Downward/upward trendlines, Support and Resistance lines. Will surely try to add that filter.

2. Agree 100%

3. I personally am not well studied on the CHF so canā€™t really comment, but I have heard similar things from @trueman making me vary of the Swiss.

I didnā€™t know that about the CHF, thanks for the share. Fortunately I have always shied away from it based on how the charts look to me.

txs

My computer isnā€™t fully fixed but its good enough for now! Iā€™m only focusing on trades that go with the trend so I may need to wait a few days before my trades hit, but here are my top picks for now. All are on the DAILY:

EUR JPY - SHORT @ Supply

CAD JPY - SHORT @ Supply

GBP NZD - SHORT @ Supply

GBP CAD - SHORT @ Supply

Hi Trueman, it seems like you are having some good results on the 1 hr timeframe. Do you feel it gets better results than the daily? Iā€™m curious about any thoughts you have on this.

Anyone else trying different timeframes? Iā€™m interested in your thoughts as well. Iā€™m still focusing on the Daily for trades and using the Weekly to determine the trend and Support/Resistance lines.

txs

Using the sorting process R2 shared with us on my picks:

S EUR JPY
S CAD JPY
S GBP NZD
S GBP CAD

I get the following Xā€™s and Vā€™s (V = checks marks):

EUR x
JPY v v
CAD x v
GBP x x
NZD v

This results in the trade option being:

Going short on GBP JPY

Hereā€™s the chart I have for GBP JPY. Maybe Iā€™ll take it when price hits Supply.

txs

Here is an example of the Swiss National Bank intervening in their currency on the 24th June this year - the Swiss Franc went up 1.4% - a huge leap.

May I ask everyone who trades using S&D to reply giving an average minimum and maximum number of pips they usually make in 1 month and on what timeframe please. This is to give me some idea of what is usual.

AUDCHF DAILY TF
SHORT off the downward trendline.

AUDNZD DAILY TF
LONG off the Demand area.
I might be late to the party here.

CADCHF DAILY TF
LONG off the upward trendline. Gathered some good pips shorting it last week.

EURAUD DAILY TF
LONG off the upward trendline

NZDCAD WEEKLY TF
SHORT off the supply zone
Everyone I know is looking at this pair as the perfect setup. Lets see how it plays out.

NZDJPY DAILY TF
SHORT off the Supply zone

USDCAD DAILY TF
SHORT off the downward trendline/Supply zone.
I will wait out for the price to move into the supply area before shorting it.

USDCHF DAILY TF
SHORT off the downward trendline

EURJPY, CADJPY - Charts look similar to mine. I would trade those.

GBP pairs - Iā€™m staying away from them for a while.

I have been trading S&D for a while now, but I donā€™t think I am good at it yet, so I donā€™t think I should answer your question as that provide you a skewed number from a beginner who is still learning the ropes.

Iā€™m in the same boat as R2, Rasc. Iā€™ve been trading on the Daily and in April I made about 100 pips per week. My computer had issues in June so I didnā€™t make any trades. Iā€™m a beginner and am only now trading on a live account so weā€™ll see how it goes.

txs

Thanks, R2. I should probably stay away from GBP also :smiley:

I also noticed NZD JPY today. It looks like there is a demand zone right below the supply so Iā€™m thinking about not taking it the trade.

Thanks for pointing out NZD CAD. Iā€™m going to take a look at that one!

txs

hey txs,
booth time frames are great ā€¦ i trade them each on a different broker/platformā€¦
i think more then ever that patience is the key no matter which tfā€¦every tf works the same
one moves faster then the other so just a personal choice of what you prefer
at the moment i like the 1h more

you have to make yourself familiar with set ups which works wellā€¦
look at your winning trades ā€¦how does the zone looks ā€¦?!
if you know how a winning zone looks then you just have to wait until you see the same pattern again

as you know there are zones with high odds of winning
and zones which have no good winning properbilityā€¦so keep it simple and take just the "good"ones
( from your point of view)ā€¦
for daily tf i think you need a lot more patienceā€¦but your targets are a lot bigger :wink:
try booth and decide for yourself which one is yours ā€¦