Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

Yes, I’ve read Master the Markets. Great read. I just wanted a response from a VSA trader. But okay, just expect the same setups and don’t fall into the crowd. Thanks

Hey Pete. Great job on your explanations of VSA, easily my favorite approach to trading Forex. I came across your Mad-Scapler technique as well. Can’t wait to give that a try, even though I know I should wait for the London session, I might check it out today lol.
I was wondering. How do you differentiate between the two strategies? It seems sufficient to trade the Mad Scapler with trending moves. But if moves aren’t trending, I don’t see that as a VSA opportunity I think? If you could explain that, I’d really appreciate it. Thanks

Just a little history. I traded a while before I discovered VSA. It was practically nonexistent in the FX community until around 2007 and back then people debated if i was even legitimate. Anyway, Mad Scalper gives you an idea of how I was trading scalps before really getting the hang of VSA…my way. I had a different set of indies for larger TF trades as well, but I always considered technical analysis along with any indies based signals.

Simply put, Mad Scalper offers entries during trending moves. VSA and technical analysis tells me if I should expect the trend to continue OR skip the MS entry. So it gives additional opportunities I can consider taking IF my VSA/Tech analysis agrees.

You said if there is no trend that VSA doesn’t give opportunities. That is not correct. Trade-able signs of strength/weakness still appear and I prefer the ones at the top/bottom of the range, preferably in the direction VSA says price will break from the range.

Oh Okay. That makes sense. From your videos, it seems almost full-proof lol honestly. The Mad Scalper has been much easier to understand then the VSA methodology. That in a way spooked me because I don’t want to predominately trade the Scalper and totally forget the VSA outlook. I’ll be sure to continue to watch your videos and read the forums to help me better grasp VSA.

Sounds good. You can trade MS while learning VSA and getting a feel for it in real time. Just trade a demo account or money you are willing to lose as they say. There is no holy grail and every system, especially indie based, can have bad days/runs.

IF bulls are going to take over it could look like this. Very simple projection based on fib,s/r and symmetry confluence.

Could also double bottom first, I wouldn’t mind seeing that.

Is there such thing as executing good trades during these times of the day? If the market is just ranging with average to below average activity, then I’m assuming there’s such a strategy with this criteria. I make bad, impulsive trades during these hours but as I look at the chart, I know that I misread something. Most yen pairs seem to oscillate in ranges of 30-40+ pips during these times, making it ideal for those who can exploit it. I’m just too eager.

London/NY until 16-18ish gmt and sometimes the first couple hours of Asia will move enough, but chill out. With no discipline you have no chance.

No chance indeed. I intend to read the 500+ pages of your VSA forums lol. By then I should be able to see bad trades vs. good ones, whether it’s timing, entry, confluence, volume. Failing is not an option.

Cool, and be sure to watch all the vids.

Well, I was right enough, caught 40 pips on the first bounce off fib retrace.

I have a question on that same chart. Everything is easier in hindsight, which is why I intend to trade the London session for once. But this is my analysis from a VSA standpoint.
More sellers than buyers at the top of the first box. Then a big decrease in buyers. Then again, much more sellers coming in. Looks easy enough. So now I’m guessing I should look for the retracement to whichever area the sellers show their hand, the .50-.618 fib I presume. The hard part is to catch the move down without it whipsawing my stop.

Had my first London session. Missed a couple opportunities with the Mad Scalper but VSA provided many more. All in all, a profitable morning despite the early drawbacks.

My best trade, a long on the EJ after I blatantly missed the big move down by selling most of position prematurely. You Live and Learn.

Good stuff. That E/J set up before I got on so it hurt a little to see what I missed. Looks like you marked your entry right off the second bottom. That’s a bit more aggressive than I trade now and it’s considered aggressive as far as traditional VSA. Looking for a No Supply on the 5 and/or 15 as it pulls away from the bottom would have been more conservative.

Make of it what you will, I’m withholding judgement. They have been saying this stuff a couple years already though. 12/21/12 and all that. I guess I’ll be out of a job, but that’s a good thing lol.

Yeah it was aggressive in hindsight. I think my reasoning was because of the high volume on the two lows of double bottom and the weaker volume of the supply between them. I assumed the imbalance would have to play out in my favor. It was costly now that I think about it, thanks for the heads up.

Yeah it is only a matter of time before the Dollar loses its imaginary power, since the whole Gold debacle rather. It’s going to be catastrophic though, so many countries have a fiat as it’s reserve currency. I’m just hoping to make some money in the markets before it does lol I’m just getting started!

Hey Pete, or whoever knows VSA. Quick Question regarding volume.

There was high volume at the top of the move resulting in the down move. Another aggressive entry :28: but as price fell, it hit a support. Volume slowly declined as price stagnated. Is this a lack of selling or buying? Or could it be price being in balance waiting for one force to overpower the other?

1 min chart eh? LOL. Declining Volume and lack of price movement says neither buyers or sellers are very active and the ones that are, are canceling each other out…equilibrium. This is out of context though, with technical analysis you get a better idea of what a price area represents, and can draw better conclusions.