Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

Yeah I can trade the wee early mornings a couple days a week and trade, not Monday/Friday.

I understand how to take trades during the London session but the during the mid US session, my trade seem to not have continuation. Should the volume only be climatic during these hours for it to be valid? Outside of news, most of the time, the volume on great setups will always be greater during the London sessions than a great setup at 1PM. I’m guessing there’s a flow through the transitions between sessions that allows one to look for the biases? Like a Rally during London = Pullback during US so I should look for good shorts?

There’s no one way things behave. It can seem so but then it changes. 1pm is not trading time…it’s sorta a run on question. You need experience.

Hi , I’m watching this thread from time to time and i wanted to thank you Petefader. Your videos are quite good, your explanations are really clear.

I tried VSA 2 years ago, back then, i followed some VSA Thread on FF by Shamus but i didn’t grasp the idea of VSA. It was a lot confusing for me. I think he tried to overcomplicate the VSA stuff in oder to sell his scanning software.

You are easier to follow. Before i had no clue, only looking on the 1h timeframe for max volume. Now i can see some setups, and i know that i have to zoom on the 5/15 min chart to pick my entry.

By the way, excuse my english, it’s not my first language.

Thanks

My outlook into the upcoming session. I won’t be trading this upcoming London session as I will be busy but I might be able to make the early NY session.

For the past two days, the highlighted area has shown support time and time again but the progressive moves up have been deteriorating each time giving us a descending triangle. From a VSA standpoint I would need to see whether we get stopping volume for a potential long or climatic volume at the resistance, then a push and close through the support (with medium volume).

After that very aggressive run up, perhaps to cover all the buying we saw on the way down, it retraced and made a spring…fake breakout to the down side with high volume off the bottom. That is a bullish pattern, reaccumulation.
For me, those lower highs mean nothing because of the fake break pattern and where the high volume points are. This is foundational to me. Stick to the plot.

Another option besides those you mentioned is to buy on a No Supply shown on the way up, ideally at a small resistance or after a sign of strength. But it’s early, see what develops in prime time.

Hi petefader and everybody, I’ve been trading VSA for months now, and I found this thread this last weekend, watched videos and read 55 pages so far.

Great work! All this thread shed light on my partial understanding of VSA (master the markets is the worst written book I ever read, and I just needed someone to sort it out for me, thanks!).
So I decided to pull the plug, register to babypips and join the thread.

I made some analysis yesterday and I’m glad to see we are on the same page for today. Just as I’m typing, the support area was reached again on high volume on the 1h chart, and looks like price is being rejected again; my chart also shows a ND setup on 5 min (not confirmed so far).

I don’t like trading this early on Mondays: my “textbook” trade would be if price reaches (on high volume) the 50%/61.8% fib area (1.2979-1.2925), showing another fake break of the support area. In that case, I would definitely pull the trigger on any sign of strength.

I also think that Master the Markets is a difficult read, that’s why i read it threee times and it’s not enough. Now with this thread, some concepts are much clearer for me.

If you want to read the worst trading books ever, just read
"Trading Price Action Trend Trading" by Al Brooks
"Trading Price Action Trading Range" by Al Brooks
"Trading Price Action Reversal" by Al Brooks

There is a lot of good info about price action in those books, but i could never finish any of them. They are just damn depressing and give me the desire to shoot me in the head.

Yeah the lows at support had much higher volume then the points at resistance.
Aggressive long taken on the NS at resistance. In hindsight, it might of been costly to jump like the gun like this on a Monday.

Note to self: Once ND/NS appears, wait for confirmation bar to close.

I’m not sure about your setup.
For me a No Demand at a resistance level give a short trigger at the break of the low.
Can you just highlight your candlestick like Petefadder, it’s a lot easier to see the point of entry.

Can someone tell me the proper procedure to post a picture please ?

My apologies, it was a NS. I edited that post. But you can post a picture in the comment section with the 3rd icon from the right that shows a tree. In MT4, right-click on the chart and find “save picture as”.

Nice to see some more activity here. It would be good for everyone if the posted analysis in here is more complete.

Larger TF levels if they apply, trend or lack of, 1hr high/low volume points, 15 and 5 high/low volume points. Fibs, S/R, patterns. Marked entries, and a good explanation. If you are able to make a video even better. The more you put in the more you’ll get back. :wink:

I’m willing to contribute, as soon as I can post pictures. I guess I have to push my post count up.

Here’s my take on eur/usd.

After the aggressive move up on FOMC price is re-accumulating.
I have seen demand coming up three times now on high volume on the lows of this re-accumulation (the three check signs). I thought today was the day, and when it started moving down I thought it was going to test the blue rectangle (50/61.8 FIB), but data release pushed the price up.
I didn’t like the volume (not high) on today’s low (the stop sign), that’s why I didn’t trade in first place, and I think the re-accumulation phase is not over yet, and price is probably headed lower, ideally at the 50/61.8 fib tomorrow, where I hope to see high volume and find a good pattern to go long.
Of course, this re-accumulation can still turn into a distribution, but for now I’m not seeing high volume on supply levels, so at the moment I tend to discard this idea.
I just think that the huge out of ordinary 400+ pip move from 1.27xx to 1.32 needs more time to re-accumulate.

Let me know what you think, any comment is appreciated.

Sound Analysis Peccas, an entry long from the .50-.618 fib would be ideal in the long run.

This is my analysis of the E/J. The daily is showing me that we might be in is midst of the 5th wave up according to the Elliot Wave Theory, however, we have stalled at the .618 Fib from the recent swing high to swing low.

As I zoom into the 1HR, I can see stopping volume on the lower highs reinforcing the idea of the 5th wave up. We saw climatic volume at the .618 from the daily fib, which then retraced with essentially no follow thru. I would like to see a test today’s high sometime tomorrow to observe if supply is still hindering the next push up.

Upcomer, Peccas, Magic…so how did you guys do today??

Hey petefader, I was busy today and could not trade. I didn’t even turn on my PC to see the chart (posting from my phone), but anyway it didn’t go as I hoped.
I was waiting for a new low with high volume to end the re-accumulation phase. Looks like the phase was right, but I couldn’t spot the end of it.
Hopefully tomorrow I’ll have some time to analyze again and post my findings, and watch your new video of course.

Hey, I didn’t get to trade today either Pete. College has its draw downs. I’m hoping to trade this upcoming London session however. It would do me good to analyze today’s moves and find the most likely setups. Thanks for another video by the way!

Oh well, thanks for the reply. G/U sitting +65 now. :13: