Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

might be a nice place to get long the cable, strength in the background, got some news coming in soon

Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it!

I think for now I will continue to work on mastering the VSA basics (including consolidating the 37 pages of notes I’ve taken so far), and then maybe I’ll work on a little side project looking for a correlation between volume on economic prints, and the strength of the move post release.

Keep up all the great posts on this thread!

Hi, pete.
In your video E/U Look Ahead, Feb. 10th 2013.

You mentioned A is no SoS, but B is SoS.
Why A is not? Can we differentiate it in real time?

Hello Pete and everyone.
I am not posting much to this threat but I would like to point something on benefit to everybody.
What I see question about volume (which volume to use etc.) returning like boomerang.
For some time I only use CME real Volume chart for my EURUSD trades.
I believe that real volume can give everyone huge jump toward ultimate success…
Just take a look on this chart:

Wish you all good luck and safe journey towards “ultimate success”.

Regards
Scyther

Obviously i do not speak for Pete but this is my interpretation…

A makes a new low on less volume than previous candle and then the following candle is bearish… meaning that supply overwhelmed demand. Not SOS

B makes a new low on higher volume than previous candles and then the following candle is bullish… meaning that demand overwhelmed supply. SOS in IMO

Hello Scyther
Ive compared the CME Euro FX chart with the Eurusd Chart from Finfx demo and here for comparison

I think Finfx volume is pretty reliable, tell me what you think

Yes on the quick glance it looks very similar. In my opinion SM actions are more transparent on the true volume vs tick volume.
You can clearly see where big transaction took place but what is equally important you can spot small transaction as well. Tick volume somehow hides true picture which can mislead you.
Just remember:
tick volume = how many times price has changed in a given time(it is NOT showing contract size just activity);
real volume = size of the contracts(you will see where Big Fish are and what they are doing – are willing to participate or not);

Hope this help

Thanks man, appreciate your thought :slight_smile:

I think it will soon be short:

Hi All,

Anyone take the USD/JPY trade on 29/09/14? Please see charts below.

Price retracing on the 1 Hour to a Support/Resistence area with confluence with 50 Fib retracement, 50 EMA and Round Number at 109.

Sign of Strength on 5 min with high volume bearish bar followed by bull bar. There was an automatic rally followed by a No Supply bar so entry was on the break and close above the No Supply.

Any constructive criticism is very welcome. Thank you.

Possible start of accumulation on the EURUSD…red news till end of this week. Very interesting how SM are going to play this time… watching like a hawk:)

On Petes vid on youtube No Demand & No Supply Explained, VSA. - YouTube he shows a no demand candle (its 6.02 minutes into the vid) which has one volume bar lower than the previous bar and not lower than the previous two as stated is the criteria for a no demand/no supply,could Pete or someone explain please ,as Im confused ,thanks heaps for any help.

Hi Pete,

Just wondering what pairs you look at?

Many thanks

No supply/no demand has volume lower than the previous two volume bars. I just watched the video and the candles he labeled both had volume lower than the previous two. :33:

And im not trying to speak for Pete but i happen to know he watches… EU,GU,AU,EJ,GJ,AJ.
There are plenty of opportunities in those 6 pairs

Hi PeekInside,

Nice charts & setup :slight_smile: I don’t think anyone’s commented as there’s nothing to say! :slight_smile:

The UJ can go to sleep a bit, but I find it normally opposes the EU (with the dollars on different sides of the table)… so if EU is headed south, a fair chance UJ is headed North. Nice trade :slight_smile:

We all have to take the oath to stop mentioning accumulation or buying on the Euro! :slight_smile: That thing just keeps going down!!

still though, someone’s going to be on the money “some day”… until then though, I’ll be short :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=“jalapenoninja;657992”]We all have to take the oath to stop mentioning accumulation or buying on the Euro! :slight_smile: That thing just keeps going down!! still though, someone’s going to be on the money “some day”… until then though, I’ll be short :slight_smile: [/QUOTE]

100% with you Jalapeño.

Haho!!!
It is chances for short!

Hi billko thanks for the reply, I just checked the vid again and while the no supply candles do have the two previous candles lower the no demand only have the one,! so what am I missing, perhaps Pete uses a different criteria for no demand,Im a bit confused.I thught the second has to be lower than the first (of those two candles) so perhaps thats wrong and as long as both of them in any order are lower its ok :33: ,have I got that right ??.cheers for any clarification.