Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

How did the GU play out for you Pete?

We were watching it in the Skype chat, there was no entry. Once it broke below 61.8 and didn’t see enough buying down there it lost it’s quality.

Books like that did get me on the right track, but I’ve simplified it, made it more straight forward, black and white…so maybe just consider that as you study.

G/U got me today. Long hit SL. Assuming some here took it. It was valid, I would do it again. My risk was in check. Losses do actually happen! 1/2 so far this week. On to tomorrow.

Thanks! I want to start watching your videos on youtube but i didn’t know if I needed to read the book first.

It amazes me when a setup like this doesn’t work the way it should. (g/u 1 hour time frame) Maybe because the background is down trend?? I guess the banks wanted it to go down…

what was your expectation?

You have a lot of volume with supply dropping. You can expect more of a down move. Most likely SM with the longer bars. Large moves are considered SM activity. Got to watch for that especially after a consolidation or re distribution.Just my view.

When will be " multiple broker volumes indicator " available ??? :17:

I got sucked into those bastards for months. Now after some more education I start to see some light.

See, that market is not under accumulation, it is still a downtrend. And that is not a spring, it looks like one, but it’s fake. That is just SM crashing into a cluster of buy orders, or some news came out causing the market to rally for a short time.

Stop trying to pick absolute tops and bottoms, and trade single springs and upthrusts countertrend. The market has to retest that first, and it has to show a sign of strength again at that level to say, now it is under accumulation. But as if it comes back to retest, and the market just fizzles out at the same level the second time, you know, that it was just a one time wonder thing.

This is the biggest enemy of a VSA trader in the market. It is much better on the long run to wait for a retest and give time to the market to show a sign of strength again at that level. In a trend it is very-very rare, that the market turns around on a single spring or upthrust.

The rule of higher highs-lower lows, baby. High volume or not, it is still a downtrend if it still does lower highs and lower lows.

Hi everyone, I’m new here. I learned trade 4 year, that is not good period for me. I invest/lost huge hours/days/months of my life and lose big money. When I lost hope a two week ago I found threads Petefader with VSA. Now I finished read “1,500 PIPS PER MONTH with this method, VSA/SR/fibb etc.” and this thread. Next I plan to watch all video Petefader with YT.

Eh now I don’t have big money and work(unemployment) , but I have new hope and many free time, VSA is probably my last chance.

I can to spend on learning yet two year my time, If I don’t start regularly earn, I must finish with fx, and find new way of life. I don’t want because I love that, but I must. Market can’t destroy the rest my life.

Petefader thank you for threads , videos, and a new hope for me, you are amazing.

I lost many battles,

but I very want win the war, time show everything.

That was my last trades on EURUSD

Best regards,
Leo

p.s. Probably my English is tragic, sorry.

Thank you for this, Darastonius! I am following this thread for some time and I really wanted to write down some simplified version of setup. To upgrade this one a bit, could you please tell me this:

1. At what point exactly you personally switch from 1H to 5 min?
  2. How do you determine the right AR (sometimes the price penetrates ‘AR’ but only moves just another little step up, nothing more)
  3. How do you trade in range, when you see tons of possible entries but nothing works well? How do you determine the right environment to trade, how do you define ‘clean’ background?

1: I mark my zones on the H1, also I put alerts before them, so when price entering the zones, I can watch it then. From that I usually watch H1, 5M and 15M to be sure it is behaving properly.

2: Exactly. I just noticed that not long ago, when I enter it is a lot of times at the top, and price turns around, and I’m in drawdown, sometimes even stops me out. What helped me with this is, I don’t try to call an AR the first 5M little, superthin area, where price stops after it bounces back. Let it play out, so the AR is obvious, maybe even on the 15M too. An obvious, proper bounce back is always safer. Then as it comes back, and gives another SOS or SOW in the range between the obvious AR and the first high volume point (read: it makes a higher low in a downtrend with proper volume, or makes a lower high in an uptrend with proper volume) then you can say, the price is entering into accumulation/distribution.

3: Personally I like ranges better than trends. Important thing what Rinehart (Spaulding) always hammers is, don’t take trades inside the range, for example drawing Fibo inside it. And never take trades inside tightening triangles. Always take them from the obvious support and resistance on the H1 for example, shorts from top resistance, longs from bottom support.

Thanks, great info!

About AR…I don’t know if this is still valid strategy (Pete talked about it at the beginning) that proper setup on 1HR is for example 1.) down candle of ultra high volume and then 2.) wait for 2nd 1HR candle to close. If it closes up, then switch to 5 min and wait for AR to be broken.
I don’t know why nobody use this anymore…

Just going over the charts of EU to locate past setups.

EU 4 Hour
Fib Retracement, Former High, Climactic Volume

EU 1 Hour
Large, widespread candle on excessive volume followed by no higher prices. No point in waiting for a 2 candle confirmation at that point in time, as it’s not a countertrend trade.

EU 5 Min
The first high volume bullish candle did not quite reach the red line, which represents the former high of the past week or so. The next candle pierced those highs on nearly the same climactic volume, which halted price.
AR Formed, NS, Push Through Entry, Low Vol Retest

ND, not NS

Hey All,

I hope everyone is doing well and making lots of money! I have had a bittersweet year. Financially it has been the most rewarding year of my life (by far), however I also lost my dad unexpectedly this summer to brain cancer. That was a real bummer and a very sad time :frowning: Sometimes life can be a real mother f*cker. However, I am doing much better now, I’m getting back to a normal life, and definitely back into work and the markets. I just got done teaching another semester of Introduction to Day Trading at University. For anyone that is brand new to trading, start at class 1. For anyone that is familiar with VSA, Pete’s Method, and Price Action, jump to class 3. Anyone in between start at class 2 :wink:

Two more quick things:

1. In the week three video you will here me mention that TradeGuider (Gavin) made a video calling for shorts on the Dow / S&P. I was in disagreement with this and called for longs. That was 1 week ago today and the Dow specifically has rallied about 800 points since then. Not bad!

2. Tonight I begin my first class ever in Advanced Day Trading at The University of Wisconsin. I am excited to really dig into some serious trading with this class. Those videos will be coming up in the near future. Stay tuned!

If you enjoy the videos, please like them and subscribe to my channel.

Good Trading!

Ryan AKA PipDaddy

Hey Ryan!This is Karl, its been a long time!Glad you are doing well and Im very sorry for your dad’s passing, I myself had to go thru that worst period of my life 4 years ago, it was really tough. But the best way to honor and remember them is to live life to the fullest and make them proud. Hope everything continues to do well for you bro and hope to see you around soon!

My condolences Ryan. I hope to see more updates from you in the future too!

I plan on watching your vids myself. I probably have read and watched more Wyckoff than my brain can handle, so hopefully these videos will add some enlightenment to my brain. Hopefully it won’t fry. Thanks!

I have watched 2 of your videos, and though I understand most of it your giving a lecture with a chalk board and you can’t see a lot of what your illustrating. I understand what your saying because i know Wyckoff reasonably well, but some newbies might not understand it as well. Would be good if you could have some videos with more more graphic representations with your charts. But it’s good you have some free material to offer, appreciate it.