Support and resistance

ihi im new here i want to know about support and resistance

1 Like

You are in luck! Came to the right place - What is Support and Resistance? - BabyPips.com

Welcome!

There’s some very helpful info here: https://forums.babypips.com/t/my-price-action-trading-strategy/582002/1047?u=mattymoney

@candlestick2, great resource linked here by @MattyMoney to a post by @Alg626. You’ll be wiser for reading it.

hi, you can learn support and resistance from babypips section. I just wanna add something to keep in mind, each time frame will have different support and resistance level so you can’t do 1 for all, those levels will also change over time with market movement so once the price break a support or resistance level you will need to redraw a new one.

Plus for better understanding take some time to watch videos and practice marking the S and R on charts

1 Like

Hello mate, welcome to babypips. Support and resistance is a big part of forex trading. Support is the level where the price finds support and doesn’t go lower any further. Resistance is the opposite; it’s the level where the price finds resistance and bounces back. You can use support and resistance to find good entry and exit points in your trades. All the best

1 Like

I am practicing marking these trends lines on charts. I am doubtful on how to mark the zones, I means how you mark the areas?

1 Like

You can understand this from this section better: What is Support and Resistance? - BabyPips.com
market trades between these zones and test it on regular pattern and if trend breaks these zones then there is need to find new levels to get the next support and resistance.

I believe that support and resistance levels are among the most accurate indicators in trading. Basically, these levels depict the highs and lows of the trends. Such points have tendency to repeat themselves over the time, they at least make some frames and limitations so that the traders will find it easy to predict the prices.

1 Like

The concepts of trading level support and resistance are undoubtedly two of the most highly discussed attributes of technical analysis. Part of analyzing chart patterns, these terms are used by traders to refer to price levels on charts that tend to act as barriers, preventing the price of an asset from getting pushed in a certain direction. Support is a price level where a downtrend can be expected to pause due to a concentration of demand or buying interest. Meanwhile, resistance zones arise due to selling interest when prices have increased. Guess that’s all for you to know about support/resistance levels.

its a good information with so many logic , got some fine lines.

Support is a level in the market chart which consistently shows an upward bounce whenever the price touches the level. Similarly, resistance is also a level but it shows consistent downward bounce whenever the price touches this level. Both support and resistance provides traders with an ability to successfully execute their trades.