Support & Resistance

Consider these alternate versions. And I’m sure if you give these charts to 3 other people you will likely get 3 differently drawn trend lines.

It’s too subjective!

1 Like

Yeah - you could enter some folks’ charts for the Turner Prize.
They look like Kandinsky paintings !

I just happened to watch a good video on this. One thing I learned is that say you see a support area on a shorter time frame (1hr), you should zoom out (4hr or 1D) and also look for support areas and see if there is a bigger support area lining up with your shorter time frame support. This helps to confirm that it is indeed a significant area of support. I’m also still learning but it seemed a good idea to keep this in mind as well.

Even trend lines can prove to be very helpful.

1 Like

Hey there, well it is pretty simple. You just need to have at least 2 pivot points to identify a support or resistance (check image) .

Learn how to identify pivot points and you will always be able to identify support and resistance

I think you have drawn them perfectly so don’t worry your head about the clutter on your charts. You can use two methods to decrease the subjectivity when drawing S & R.

1. Use your indicators as confirmation: if price crosses from either the overbought or oversold region into the indicator range at a particular price level for two or more times, it confirms that price level as a strong S/R point.
  2. Use a line chart for confirmation. The line chart allows you to see more clearly levels where price found support or resistance.

Disclaimer:

1. There are no rights or wrongs in forex. What’s wrong for you might be right for me and likewise. Do what suits you best.
  2. You can’t remove subjectivity 100% from drawing S&R levels but you can keep it at a healthy level by adding some confirmations.
  3. keep in mind that trendlines as well as support and resistance levels can get broken. So do not be disappointed or surprised when you see that happen.

All the best.