Sweet Pip's Journal

I’m using the H4 because that’s the paramters Richard Krivio from DAILYFX uses…did you read his article yet?. I don’t think he suggested to use any specific t/f to trade on unless it’s implied one should tade the H4 to match. If that’s the case then I should match too and change to analyze the daily. I was trading on the lower timeframes…M5… but then just switched up to daily half way thru last month after deciding to try MG’s portfolio method without really considering if it made any difference.

Yes I saw the link you had posted earlier in this thread. It’s an interesting concept, I have similar tools that are mechanical that measure relative strengths of the currencies, detecting cycles of trending/ranging markets, measuring volatility, etc. These tools currently are able to determine for me which algorithms should be allowed to trade and which strategies need to be on pause in the current market state. From backtests (automated, visual and manual) and researching, it seems that performance is better when these filters are on a higher TF that you are trading.

For example, I have a simple mechanical breakout strategy that trades roughly once a day on 28 markets on the 1H timeframe. I currently have a filter that is on the 4H timeframe, which returns 0 for range, 1 for bearish trend, 2 for bullish trend. So for this breakout strategy, if state = 0 then we do not take a trade, until state becomes 1 or 2, where we would only look for short or long setups respectively.

It cuts the number of trades down for sure, but it increases the profit factor from 1.43 to 1.89.

This concept works quite well with volatility filters. Even if you look at the chart visually. If you see a large weekly bar, well, chances are the 5 daily candles that make up the weekly bar are trending.

But then again, I have never really looked into using a filter on a lower TF. It’s something I disregarded completely. Guess I’ll have to see what the results would be… :wink:

You should go boating…that always cheers me up :wink:

Well if you are going to be using Master Gunners method you will be needing to go boating a lot in the next few months lol…

What would a “newbie” know about MGs method to make such a prediction… hmmm?..that sounds more like Banker’s gig…unless…of course…ya :33:

Nah… That guy lacked half my charisma

…and that’s not even the half of it…lol.

Ok, shoo now…go away…it’s hard to understand you with all those socks in your mouth :wink:

Pffff ok… Your trading seemed like it needed adult supervision but whatever

Well nothing is whatever it seems around here is it.

Lol… Well I don’t know, I think I have a pretty good idea of what’s going on here… In boating terms I’d say I’m watching the Titanic sail out…

Trying to be as “Jack” in Titanic Mr. Grey? Ohhh… nice tie btw but I think silver would have been better but if you prefer blue, it’s your choice :wink:

Why hello Beyonce! I’ll wear whatever tie you want…

Who me?! …Nah, SweetPip wants me as “Alejandro”. She has this thing about Mexican Singer…lol. (j/k SweetPip!).

My name is J Lo…

If you want to be Antonio Banderas, that would be fine by me :7:

Well I can do a Mexican accent…

You can call me Pedro Marco Javier Rodriguez…

That is not J LO!! That is Beyonce…

OK…Google “On The Floor ft. Pitbull” on her silver outfit! My fav feel good music :slight_smile:

Not Beyonce.

ok…quit messing up my thread…you’re both on a temporary ban …it’s the adult thing to do :wink:

So flat today?