Swing Hi-Lo System

Yes, totally default for the smoothed one shown in the link

Thx for your answer.

I’d think in term of % instead of money tho ;D

Just a tip: you are risking way too much of your account balance. One of the most followed rule of riskM is to never risk more than 2% - cos is proven that even a system with 90%+ success rate will, sooner or later, run into 8 consecutive losses

Cheers

Ok thanks, yeh i do realise i have to learn alot of money management and hoepfully as i keep on testing this system/strategy i will learn to delegate funds better

Also i forgot to answer your question about when to exit, its entirely up to you however if the HA changes colour thats a good indication

You want to buy when the 10SMA is below ALL the other [B]SMA’s[/B] and starts to signal a blue trend. See icon below. Close the position and take profit when the first red signal shows at the top of the trend as shown below.

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

Thank you very much for this interesting system.

Please, check the post above copied from the rules in post 1 and I guess you typed SMAs instead of EMAs.
Kindly respond and or verify to authenticate the correct Moving Average.

From your posts and rules, it is like you do not consider any other thing like what the trend is likely in higher tfs like 1HR, 4HR and Daily. Please, if this is right, could you please help us to know how long you have tested the system and confirm that taking position without confirming higher time frames does not affect the overall results adversely.

Thanks again for sharing.

Prescia

Dear Forexnewbie1,

Please, could you confirm if the HA downloaded and used for this system repaints. I think it is very necessary especially for those that have not used HA to know and watch before entering trades based on the HA changing colour.

Thanks

Prescia

10% of what? Do you mean TP=10 pips and SL=10 pips? I am a bit confused…please clarify. Thanks! :50:

HA does never repaints

Cheers

No, he means 10% of account balance, you can’t give a precise amount of pips every time, depends on market situation.

And pls, use proper money management! Turn that 10% into a 2% if you want 1.1 RR pls :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers

CryAgony,

Thanks for your response to my question. I understand ForexNewbie1 trades 10% of his account balance on each trade. But, what I am looking for is the definitive way he establishes his TP and SL levels.

Good trading! :13:

Unfortunately i have yet to define proper SL and TP levels.

In the interim, I think we should use the next pivot point after entry for TP considering spread and use candle close above or below EMA 60 as SL.

simple system but good, I should try it, thanks for share :slight_smile:

I’d like to use this in think or swim to trade stocks and ETF’s. What would you suggest? tnx

I love these threads because it is the best way to capture things and to learn

Hi ForexNewbie 1. Please let me know if the “Offset” shown in the parameterss of EMA from Tradingview is equivalent to the LEVEL you mention, thanks

i did a little tweaking and it looks like adding the wavetrend indicator to this stratagy might do well, i use tradingview but i am sure there is one for MT4 and MT5 if searched for, here is a link (https://www.tradingview.com/script/2KE8wTuF-Indicator-WaveTrend-Oscillator-WT/) to the script and on the creators page (all his scripts are free to use). there is also a youtube video that explains more about this indicator and how it works its very good at catching reversals, I am forward testing now on demo and will update but so far at back testing its working out very well, thanks for the system looks very promising @ForexNewbie1