Swing High/Low help + Difference between Fibonacci expansion/retracement?

Hi guys,

Two quick questions:

1. I’m trying to place a Fibonnaci Expansion on the market below, but I am having trouble identifying a clear swing low/high. Obviously the market isn’t trending and is consolidating, so what would you identify as the swing highs/lows for the Fibonacci?

2. Can anyone explain to me the difference between a Fibonacci Expansion & Retracement. To be honest, I’ve heard an explanation before but it didn’t click.

Thanks so much.

off topic, but check out TradingView to do your chart analysis,working straight off the MT4 platform is hard in my opinion. There’s a lot more useful tools as well for you to us

Well, how does TradingView differ from Metatrader?

because, tbh, I was really impressed with metatrader so far - so how do you think TV is better?.

Thanks for the suggestion.

TradingView is just a website that traders go on to analyze the charts, different charts based on the broker you’re using, that’s all. But, you want to use MT4 to place your trades.

charts can be customized also to your liking. You’ll see what I’m talking about after you check it out

I use TVC all the time daily. here is one of my charts. 5M DXY with an XAU compare at the bottom.

Or, should I just not try to use Fibonacci in a ranging market like this?

Instead of worrying about where to place Fibonacci, should I just not place it at all?

THIS POST covers a little more than you asked for — but, you’ll find your answer in it.

1 Like