Swing Traders, what do I do when the market flattens for a month?

Feast your eyes upon the incredibly boring January 26th-February 27th in EUR/USD

As a swing trader myself, how many pairs should I trade to avoid these month-long zero-opportunity periods? Or should I just be patient and make no money during these periods?

Thanks for helping a beginner :slight_smile:

1 Like

Back test the same strategy on a smaller time frame. It’s wise to have at least 2 trading strategies. One for trending markets and on for ranging and/or consolidating/flat markets.

Why limit yourself to EUR/USD?

I would look at another major pair and demo test it inside a demo account, this way you get the measure of how that pair moves. You mention ranging market price, there are strategies on how you could trade them on Baby Pips and the internet. I would add my research into a my journal and write up on results from my demo testing.

Hope That helps, I’m still a newbie too.

This is why, I use multiple trading styles in my trading! Basically, swing trading it’s a long time trading style! So, you may not get enough number of entry points if you rely on limited number of trading pair!

1 Like

Hmm, it down trended in the chart you have shown. If you are a swing trader with a short bias, there seem to be a few opportunities.

If you are a swing trader with a long bias, you’d have been waiting for a certain price anyway, so doing nothing.

Develop a strategy for this kind of market condition.

This kind of trend/pattern in the Eur/Usd happens from time to time. I call it a “stair step pattern”

The advantage of this kind of pattern is:

1. If you are able to identify it and enter early enough, you have a chance at a significant trade.

2. low volatility with limited or no whipsaws. Price continues moving to new s/r levels w/o retracing to or testing the previous level.