Swing Trading Learning

Alright thus far I have decided on swing trading as the most fitting style for myself.

When it comes to my lifestyle, day job, and overall day-to-day it seems to click. I also like the healthy balance of technical and fundamental analysis that plays into the trades.

My question is this.

In the past months of learning Forex and realizing the amount of BS out there I fear about being misled when it comes to studying up on something I do not entirely understand.

Does anyone have any good books, articles, threads, or information they could recommend?

Really appreciate your time! Cheers :beers: :beers:

2 Likes

Well done - it’s a style and a good one.

Exactly. Just having learned that puts you far ahead of many people here.

Some - and all the stupid bots - imagine wrongly that swing trading relates somehow to timeframes and trade durations (it does not).

Yes, absolutely.

I “inherited” from a friend a copy of The Master Swing Trader by Alan Farley, and it is great.

It was a bit above my level, really, but helped me greatly and not only for swing trading actually.

It is important to avoid forums and Youtube and PDFs and commercial websites to learn about swing trading. They will all tell you, as I wrongly used to believe, that it is trading slower than intraday - totally wrong: there is also intraday swing trading.

Farley explains on page 1 that this is all wrong and swing trading does not relate to timeframes. I expect other proper books do, also, to be fair.

If you can get a copy, it is very worthwhile. Good luck!

3 Likes

Wow thank you!

I’m glad I took the time to ask. I’ll most definitely get the book thank you for the recommendation.

:grin:

1 Like

This thread might have some useful insights.

1 Like

It’s true, social media/youtube etc is full of crap tbh. I have to be honest, I’ve read only one book and did not finish it as it did not really learned me something. I strongly believe in S/R and just grinding the charts for xp, as if it were an RPG your playing. The experience you gain from this lets you design your own trading approach and teaches you what works for you and what not.

I’m still in this proces but I’ve learned more than what the “guru” traders teaches you in their videos. In the end all they want is to sell their products.

2 Likes

@Emanuel_santos

Thanks for the thread!

@0xGim88

Dude you literally described what I read this morning. Seems a lot of real information points towards honestly forging your own path. Love the RPG and grinding for XP :laughing:

Cheers :beers: :beers:

1 Like