Systematic approach towards learning on your own

Yeah in reality you need a winning probably slightly above 50% to cover costs.

1 Like

Hard to find a mentor here/these days. I find going through different forums (not just here) allow me to see what other traders are talking about and get me to ask questions also. I think what you’re doing is fine but it sounds like accountability is your issue? :open_mouth:

Mentor is a good idea. However, if you don’t like that. Try research about trading in online. Try to build a trading strategy apply it in demo account 5 to 6 month. If your trading strategy generate good profit. Then go for small investment.

1 Like

I think the problem here is that trading is like engineering or nursing or brick laying. There’s no one guaranteed way of winning all the time or even most of time. I’m none of those jobs above, but they all seem like have outcomes where you can be confident that what you do will end in success. I don’t think trading is that.

Did you figure out what happened in the past that made you fail so much? Maybe start there?

1 Like

what means accountability? (sorry my english is bit lacking sometimes)

no not really, i mean so far i’m only backtesting.
not to mention that the outcome between backtest and real trade differed a LOT
mainly i had either too quick entries, or too late
for now im trying very simple approach like beginner support and resistance
but for every winning trade i had tons of losers
infact i blew several demos and that made me feel really bad

Another one that went from forex trader to forex teacher!!!
Its easier and most profitable to teach right???
But i have to admit the site does look good, you will probably attract some suckers thats for sure.

1 Like

While there are many that fit this story, we do not. If you read about the company history you would see why I started this. I teach all traders not just Forex. Actually I find it easier to be profitable than to teach because you have to teach someone else against all odds to be profitable themselves. I know full well that putting myself out there as a mentor I’m going to get flak but I could care less, I am here to help those that are serious. That is why you cannot be mentored unless you are “qualified.” We put you to the test as much as you put us to the test.

Case Study: SMATrading Crown Trade 100 X ROI

Case Study: Profitable Trader Finds 38%-800% Increase in Profit

Case Study: Insider says "Every time we are in before the others traders."

Case Study: Insider student find no less than 10 X ROI trades.

Case Study: Insider says "It’s like having a crystal ball."

Its just pure marketing BS, things like this shoudnt be allowed to be advertised here on babypips.

I respect the title and aims of the original post. Before you start learning any new subject, draft a learning plan or template.

When you have a subject to learn, start at the back end - i.e. a picture of where you want to be and what you want to be able to do after you have completed your learning. Then develop a map of the things you need to know - at least their names or an outline. Research those questions and find the simplest most objective answer to each. Learn what you need to know in order to do what you need to do.

Use this template to learn what you need to about any new subject, whether its trading, art, architecture, geology, great Irish literature, a new language, etc. etc.

The wrong approach is almost always to start with a comprehensive text-book and read it from Page 1 to Page 500. Or a pre-packaged course from Lesson 1 to Lesson 25.

It’s inspiring to know that it our results are “too good to be true.” I am sort of surprised to hear this but in another way I am not. Did you really go through each one or did you skim a few minutes each? Since you feel so strongly against us, I’ll give you the freedom to investigate further each case study. I am up for the challenge but then you have to come back here and admit you were mistaken.

yeah, the problem here is that we are not allowed to question things, we are not allowed to request for proof of things, all we can say is yes sir, or otherwise i will be labeled as the bad guy, and the guy being disrespectful and mods will remove my posts and probably suspend my account.
So i gave my opinion and am going to leave it with what i said and dont wish to continue this discussion, i know where it will lead and i dont wish to go that way.
Good luck with what you are doing,.people will still have a lesson to learn from you.

Fair enough you are entitled to your own opinion and ideas. sure I was hoping you would take up the challenge but i’ll leave me door open to you if you change your mind. I actually am happy that you are trying to defend others from the real garbage out there. It’s honorable. Trading is all about probabilities and when it comes to courses/teachers there is a 90% probability it will be a disappointment.

1 Like

i like such approach and it makes sense for most of the stuff you need to learn, the problem here is that i can not outline what i need to know, since i dont even know what i dont know (omg does my english even make sense? trading is driving me crazy)

what i mean is, i don’t know “all” the topics about trading and which ones are needed or not. I mean I do know the basic stuff that you find everywhere like risk management, proper stop loss etc. In theory I’m ok and by now i have a good idea of what SHOULD be done, but what i suck at is the technique, of when to enter/exit a trade or when should you wait or not because it be too late.

Start at the end, not the beginning. The beginning of learning means learning everything there is to learn, and this is an endless job. The end of learning means profitable trades.

So develop a picture of your ideal perfect trade. The best success comes from being in a position which is a trend or which leads into a trend. Do you want to get in at the very beginning of the trend? - low probability, high reward. Or get in when the trend has become consistent and well established? - high probability, low rewards. After that first entry there is no difference between trading styles, the best rewards come from being long in uptrends and short in downtrends.

So, develop a picture of a perfect uptrend and a perfect downtrend and make sure you are only long/short when you see these set-ups. You must know where you want to be before you set off down the road.

2 Likes

That is a common problem I find in traders (which is to be expected). It was actually one that I had myself. My mentor at the time said to me something that I’ll never forget "You have learned so much that you probably know even more than me by now. Your problem is a lack of STRUCTURE. And putting that together is an art.

1 Like

i see, and once you establish the goal, in this case trend following, you start searching and reading all material about trend following?
is the study plan that simple to structure it out? :confused:

Not exactly. Learning everything is impossible and requires infinite effort and time. Learning enough to be profitable is practicable and is all that is necessary.

2 Likes

@Lee_Gi

Actually the point you just made is spot on.

The biggest issue for beginners is they just don’t know what they need to learn and what they do not.

You can go down avenues that really just aren’t worth it because you were unlucky to be introduced to that concept before other more important things.

I always suggest a few months general reading about markets and trading before going granular.

I once knew someone who started off with a course costing 1000 quid or more learning about Elliot Wave.

If he had some one more experienced to guide him at the time maybe he would have not pursued that option.

In relation to the @eclipz3 course I think it is unfair to be labelled as BS without proper investigation.

There is one point I am intrigued about though. His following the smart money approach is a good one but is this done with proprietary software or is it data readily available?

It’s alot easier to follow smart money in the stock market than in the forex market - so I believe.

Is what he looks at market depth or level 2? Great approaches but again not available in forex unless your trading on the interbank market.

The best I can get for smart money is the COT.

It would be great for a brief outline of what his course is looking at - without giving the whole game away of course!

1 Like

It’s done with naked charts using pure data price time and volume most importantly. All you need is infront of you. We did build an indicator for Tradingview designed to help train new students as many have never worked with volume before, especially forex traders. SMA was born in Forex.

Wyckoff and Williams VSA were meant to be traded for stocks and other instruments that had actual volume. They had to be heavily modified which was the creation of SMA, just to work and be effective in Forex. But after specializing in “volume” reading for so long, you get to know where the signals are even without looking at the actual volume/tick data. When you take SMA into markets of more accurate volume, it just becomes that much extra accurate. And again SMA like VSA is not an indicator or method it is a way of seeing.

You should be able to preview the table of contents curriculum in the platform where the Online Courses are listed. Or just book a free consultation which is the easiest. I can’t make it any more risk-free than that.

COT reports are just as good as using fundamentals. Lack of precision. Just because you predicted the direction of the market right, isn’t good enough. Most get “shaken-out” with SL as SM knows where all the stops are. This is their matrix afterall.

1 Like