Tax on earnings

and not much leverage?

The spreads only make a real impact if you’re very short-term trading - intra-day and “scalping” and suchlike. Over more than a day it makes no odds. Since most new traders trade off intra-day reversals and will crash and burn within 3 months, not even the tightest spreads are going to save those poor guys.

The leverage is the same as any UK-based and regulated brokerage.

1 Like

Examples of countries without CGT (Capital Gain Tax):
Bahrain, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Isle of Man, Jamaica, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Singapore (and more)

Depends on which country you reside in, but generally yes, you need to abide by local tax laws

Sure. thanks for the reply. very interesting. Probably not enough leverage for me though

As an example of the constraints from low leverage SB regulations in the UK I find that £1 per pip of GBP/USD for example requires about £420 in free margin.

On exotic markets and commodities etc. the minimum position size available is also an issue and can mean that a stop-loss on a D1-based position can soon exceed the 1% of capital risk rule. Ironic.

1 Like

Thanks for that bit @Thiago

I think someone one should listen to tommor,:joy:

There rae no taxes which are being charged my the trading platform such as MT4, there are only commissions which are being charged by your broker and if you want to know how much you would pay for trading you can get acquinted with the conditions, provided by your broker. Moreover, there are taxes on earnings which are being charged by the local or federal government o the state where you live. Some countries have a simplified tax system and you won’t pay too much, while other countries might have high taxes on earnings in the internet, you should explore this thing.

1 Like

This is a good question, don’t worry! Many people, being experienced businessmen, do not know that they have to pay taxes and then pay huge fines.

This gave me a proper laugh but so true :slight_smile:

Hello Tommor, My understanding was that if your profit from pure S/betting, was your ONLY source of income, then it was taxable ??. So, i can only assume, and i am very happy to be corrected on this, that you
have other sources of income which HMRC are happy to accept as your MAIN source of Taxable income.
Another thing, which could help to make profits DEFINITELY Tax-free was if you were allowed to open a SB or CFD account inside an ISA.

For several years I did used to carry on SB with no other income and I can confirm HMRC were uninterested. There is no tax on SB, whether its your main income or only income.

Sorry, I know next to nothing about ISA’s but it seems superfluous to put SB trading into an ISA. You can’t get tax relief on something that isn’t taxed.

Many thanks for your reply, much appreciated.