Tennis fans may have just lost one of the Big Four

So Andy Murray may have just played his last game ever. He just lost his first round Match at the Aussie Open today, a major where he’s made the final 5 times, but has never won. At the start of the tournament, he had an emotional interview where he stated, because of pain and injury to his hip, something that’s been going on for a while now, this could be his last match. Given how well he played, and how long he lasted, 4+ hours against #22, I think this might be it. He played really well, looked like he might win it out. But it didn’t happen. So given his daily pain, I actually hope he takes his chances with surgery.

Man, always loved watching him and the other Big 3. If this is his last game, we’re losing a complete star.

All the best to him.

All great athlete’s careers as active players come to a close sooner or later, but that doesn’t make them any less great. He’ll certainly go down in history as one of the greatest.

Yup. I expected him to outlast Nadal and Federer. But they all punish their bodies, so I guess it’s amazing they make it into their 30’s still playing at such a high level.

1 Like

True. Being a professional athlete (or a dancer, for that matter) takes an incredible toll on the body, especially on their joints.They pay a high price for their careers, even if the best ones gain a lot.