The £10K Gamble - [The Journey]

Yeah​:smiley::smiley::smiley: I short one of it pair

This is definitely good information for me, thanks.
I will follow those steps and concentrate my mind on emotions and control my self.
At the moment and think this thread provides the necessary pills to start, I feel fortunate to be here, let’s continue!!

“I used to say we take a small loss, but I think it’s better to take
an optimal loss. You don’t want to take one that’s too large
and yet you don’t want to have your stops so close that
you’re going to get bounced out. [Just] hang on to the trade.
Don’t get too excited. If you’re not making very much money,
that’s fi ne. If you got a little loss, that’s fi ne. If you make a decent
profit that turns into a loss, that’s fine. Just hold onto it and then
really get aggressive when you’ve been rewarded by a big, huge
profit” ------------- Jerry Parker

Loving the turtle trader, you guys need to buy this book, it’s an extended view of this thread.

2 Likes

loooooooooooooooooooooool so sweet

Hey Baller,

How are your positions doing?

I haven’t been able to close many trades recently and am in a fair bit of DD; no SL hit yet, though!

1 Like

I think times like these is when your patience as a trader is really tested and FOMO must be resisted.

@The_Baller is it correct to say that there have been no favorable new set ups for the last few weeks and it’s just a case of riding it out until further notice?

Personally I’ve been trying out some other strategies in the meantime, but this will be my main.

Hey everyone

I’ve a few weeks in drawdown too, some demo configurations in different position sizes, always without leaving the rules established in this thread, no SL has jumped.

I want to add that scaling in the trades helps me to have a clear mind, nothing more than just relax and keep learning to carry the DD.

I had a moment of doubt where I wrote to @The_Baller, but finally I learn trades find you and not vice versa.

1 Like

Good stuff here. Keep it real.

I’d be interested in joining the group. I’ve been demo trading using this and Fibo, but it could still do with some refining.

Also just wondering where everyone stands on EURJPY?? On monthly it has been on the decline since early 2018, but you could say that it’s recently bounced and is on its way up from the initial move upwards from early 2012. I’m not sure how far back I should be analysing from so just wanted to get some second opinions.

How long a timeframe you look at depends on yourself. You must know the reasons why traders choose different timeframes:

People trade over longer time frames to catch bigger movements. I’m not really interested in trades that don’t look to move at least 100 pips. Because of the longer time in a trade, more up and downs are to be expected. I have many times been up 50 pips, watched it go down to 0 pips, then watched it go down to minus 50 pips, back up to 0 pips, then all the way up to plus 100 pips.

Because of the drawdowns, a bigger stop-loss distance is needed. Therefore a smaller position size is needed too. This depends more on your psychology. Can you handle being 10% up only to then watch this go into drawdown of 10% so you can wait to be 20% up or more?

If you find this is easy for you, you are a special type of patient person and you could increase your timeframe and only trade off the weekly chart in the direction of the trend on the month chart.

If this much movement is too much for you then you could train yourself to be able to handle it by being consistent and sticking to your decisions. This is what I am doing starting with only 1% risk per trade and gradually increasing it as I grow some balls.

If you’re not interested in doing this, you could shorten your timeframe and increase position size. But the whole philosophy of this strategy, as I understand it, is that the shorter your timeframe gets, the more similar to gambling, the more addictive and obsessive trading becomes. Not to mention that the shorter your timeframe, the more time you spend staring at screens stressing yourself out.

So my answer would be:

Go as longterm as you can handle and try to increase your ability to handle big movements.

Big movements is what we want here but the market moves in two directions.

4 Likes

That turned into a bit of an essay. Anyway, might be helpful for someone.

It was certainly useful to me, thanks! :slight_smile:

The revised link doesn’t seem to work either.

Yes also cannot open link would be nice to have it up and running

Wishing you all a happy new year. Slow last month, scaled into a few positions, throwing some big clips about.

Had to make some pizza money to last this week to get off to a green start.

6 Likes

Happy new year !! No doubt this year is the year for many here, my best wishes.

1 Like

Skimmed off a bit more today.

Small pickings, but you gotta do what you gotta do to keep it rolling in.

4 Likes

Happy New Year Boss!
Wishing you all the best for the whole year and the years to come…
I hope you would never quit this forum and we could keep in touch often.
The world of retail traders like me needs you for real.
Again , all the the best!
:gift_heart:

2 Likes

Wishing you a happy new year my friend.

Don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere.

Will always be here if I win big or lose big.

4 Likes

We are all going to win big!!

1 Like