The £10K Gamble - [The Journey]

I believe this has been answered, better than I could have myself.

No tricks here, just pure and simple stuff.

Spot on. Couldn’t have said it better.

Much respect.

Wishing you all the best.

Nice to see you again @Regan64 - simple concepts don’t go anywhere, they stand the test of time.

1 Like

Thank so much for the incredibly useful info here! I’m a total newbie making good money on a demo account at the moment, but we all know that means nothing! Just wondered if you’re still doing spreadbetting? Also being UK based, it’s my focus, as I may as well take advantage of its tax-free nature :slight_smile:

1 Like

Isn’t spreadbetting essentially the same as a CFD ie, what everybody on here calls trading?

Wishing you all the best, we all have to start somewhere.

Yes purely for the tax-free benefits.

If the old Majesty’s minions ever get on your case, they’ll soon be straight off it, if you can prove you were spread betting.

1 Like

The key difference between spread betting and CFD trading is how they are treated for tax.

Spread betting is free from capital gains tax (CGT) while CFD’s require you to pay CGT.

Spread betting is also only available in the UK or Ireland, while CFDs are available globally.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ve read and re-read your post and made notes and started today trading off your cloud breakout strategy on the ic markets ctrader demo… Tried lots of spreadbetting accounts but actually like the functionality of this platform the most, eve though it’s only for CFDs…

I’m really struggling though - I find what i think is a good trade on the daily but when i look on the 4 hour, it’s totally different and no longer looks like a good trade! I placed a few trades today but whilst some of them did well earlier, currently they’ve all lost money and I’m sat there glued to my screen all day watching them! Is it partly the market at the moment or am i missing something crucial?!

Bro its just for the sake of visual aid. You can also choose to just use the plain candle graph without it. Whatever your opt, its the same.

I just wanted to let you know I have been reading your post over the last two weeks after deciding to get back inot learning and training - i keep dropping in and out of a demo account. You have really inspired me and wondering if if could double a very small account £250 or something by xmas - i know this isn’t a lot of money etc however doubling money in a few months - better then the bank.

I like your style of trading etc. Just wanted to post my appreciation for your motivation.

Also based in UK - but man your taste in Pizzas suck

1 Like

it’s a perfect analyse but unfortunately Forex market is unpredictable now

By the way, I understood this because of the fact that I lost almost 100 last week because of the unpredictable behaviour of the marke

Right now, depending on what you’re trading. Technical analysis might not work so good.

It could all be plodding along and Trump or Boris could say something and it could all go tits up - right now there is fear in the marketplace and fear in the economy.

3 Likes

Sure, why not. Slow at steady wins the race. Wishing you all the best.

I have tried many a pizza in my life time but have settled on what I feel is a good strategy of pizza.

1 Like

The Baller has been great for me. It works. What I do is a little different…I’m on 4 hour charts and I’m trend following, not support and resistance. But it works.

I’m just using 4 hour, not even looking at daily. Also, I don’t sit in front of any screen. Just check my charts every 4 hours and open or close trades.

1 Like

It certainly looks like the pips are with you.

@SunaruTrader how did you tweak the strategy?? I like the results you are getting, please help a trader out… I’m fairly a newbie, blew one or 2 accounts already… hope to hear from you very soon…

@The_Baller, You’ve really opened my eyes, I wish you all the best bro… continue with the good job legend…