The £10K Gamble - [The Journey]

Glad to see its not just me who had a slow October. Just touched over the 65% mark in around 6 months. Not bad considering I’ve been trading for 8 months :slight_smile:

Thats awesome!! hahah Thanks man! the first one reminds me AstroFX haha

I find RSI and stochastics very helpful.

brilliant proper laugh out loud thanks

Please excuse my ignorance as I am new to fx. Can you not reduce large drawdowns when the trade is going backwards by opening an apposing trade and closing it when the market has turned. Is this even allowed? Or is it just a stupid complexity?
Cheers
It has been a bit quiet here just thought I would ask a noob question

Hi @roger_rabtz, that approach is called hedging. See here for details:

Note, in some instances it may be a good strategy, but generally, for retail traders, it’s not. Two things to consider, if you hedge one for one in position size you will not make or lose money from the trades themselves - so, why bother? The other is, by opening another trade, you’ll lose money in commissions and/or the spread. In most cases, it better to exit a trade that you think may go against you rather than open another position in the opposite direction.

Here’s another forum post that discusses:

Lastly, be aware that in the United States, for a given account, hedging is not permitted.Here’s a page that explains and discusses this regulation. It also mentions a legal workaround - have two accounts.
https://www.quora.com/Why-does-the-U-S-ban-hedging-in-the-forex-market

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the feedback StealthM93.
I was thinking that with ‘The Baller’ strategy the stop is set a long way off entry so he does get some awesome drawdowns and I may not be comfortable with that. But if I look at it in dollar value it is the same risk as smaller stops but a lot less likey to get stopped out.
Cheers

1 Like

Is this still going? haha I see some very good nuggets on the comments.

1 Like

Good job indeed! I would like to know which indicator you have been using? And how did the idea come to your mind? I have been trying to become a consistently profitable trader for the last few years but every time I make a profit, I make several losses after that.

Hi @gaggleyio

He’s using the Ichimoku Cloud indicator. If you want to learn more about the indicator and how to use it, look at Hubert Senters videos about it. He uses it all the time in every market.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hubert+senters+ichimoku

Hope that helps!

Good work guys.

And yes to confirm the above, its the Ichimoku Cloud indicator.

And finally, yes - this is still going, slowly but surely. Although trades have been very sporadic over the last few months.

7 Likes

what’s these trades bro?

Guys anyone knows any money making threads like Baller’s even from different fx websites?

@Constadino are you still trading @The_Baller’s strategy? Any success with it?

i trade parts of it…bits that fit my style…so far so good…might go live this year

1 Like

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year ahead to everyone.

6 Likes

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too

1 Like

What’s up with your account @The_Baller

@Constadino how did you go? Trading it live and profitable?

1 Like

Maybe margin call, someone still continue trade this style?