The £10K Gamble - [The Journey]

You must be carefull to changes in your users agreenment if they let your account stay in AU. They can do that only if you accept the changes of that your money is no longer backed by the AU government. So they need you to agree to some sort of document but i doubt they will point this fact out very clearly. So whatever they send you, read it carefully.

That’s really weird they have been unable to help you.

I have had an account with them already (just haven’t used it over year till now) and this email sorted it out all.

Did you choose GM in the little drop-down menu under the registration? It is quite tricky to register under offshore subsidiary through them though. You can also notice that there isn’t such a word mentioned that UK customers can use up to 1:500 leverage. It is probably all legal but they can’t be prompting users to move it over.

You legend.

I didn’t even see that. I see it now.

Hopefully this will sort the leverage issue out.

1 Like

So true bro… so true…

Baller, are you UK based? If so why not try IG. I find them really good with tight spreads and no charges.

funny… i still have the account with icmarkets. AU. not SC

@Diabolo888 Not even if you have open positions overnight?

swap charges or receipts apply which is normal but note you are credited as well as charged depending on the pair.

ICMarkets has better spreads. EURUSD is minimum 0.6 spread. It’s often 0 or 0.1 on ICMarkets

Don’t mind my butting in here but if you’re trading the methodology outlined here then why are you bothering about the spread??? The charge is minuscule and certainly not material to trades of this nature. Certainly not something to be factored into your choice of another broker. Not unless you intend trying to scalp of course (which ironically then makes no difference what spread you’re paying because you’ll wipe out anyway).

And obviously I’ve been watching with interest the shenanigans with IC Markets. I would run a long mile if some broker first told me that my accounts were being closed, then told me to cancel the withdrawal request as all was going to be just fine, and then only to find that I couldn’t log into my trading account and that my money had been sent back and my account was closed. There is something odd about all of this. I’m not sure what it is. But it’s odd is all I am saying and in my humble opinion. But I know for sure if it were me: that’d be that and I’d already have another account with UK registered and regulated broker (regardless of how great the platform is which, I have to say, appears to have been the case with IC Markets i.e. pretty nice I have to say).

2 Likes

A friend of mine first was playing gambling just for fun, but then he started earning money by that.

Are you a bot?

Yes u r a bot.

Kan ju rid dis?

@The_Baller , how many candles in the past do you draw support and resistance lines?

What is wrong with you, dude?

The list is quote long. Want it from a to z or just the major issues?

1 Like

As of now, I can’t have both slices of the pizza.

I can go with a regulated broker, FCA regulated and all that good stuff but max 1:30 leverage or go with a UK broker that moves you around to another country via their paperwork to give you 1:500 leverage but losing all of the FCA protection.

For me leverage is my main tool and part of my risk.

Just like IC Markets, I wasn’t too fussy where the broker is based, and Australia seemed pretty safe - as long as they were reliable, and offered higher leverage.

Last few weeks IC Markets have been taking the ****.

Once I get my funds I’ll be continuing from here.

But just starting with £10K and keeping the rest with me, essentially making the risk £4K.

Then we’ll come back to this.

As far as they go, starting with the monthly chart, followed by the weekly.

Yes I am.

I was recommended these guys but after reading about them on FPA - I wasn’t that convinced.

I do not possess a trading account of this size as yours but in my opinion all UK based companies who decided to move their business to another country via their paperwork will do their best to protect their brand and keep the highest quality as they usually do here. Although there are different regulations around the world and they do not protect you as the FCA would, I believe that it is in their best interest not to take a *** out of its customers.

This is one of the deal makers for me when deciding.

I already kind of trust this broker, they were my very first broker - and in hindsight I only moved to IC Markets for the higher leverage, without any questions asked.

This broker is the official sponsor for the McLaren F1 Team, Yacht Club de Monaco and Watford FC - and have been around since 2006.

Easy enough to do more due diligence if required but should be enough to give them another shot.