The £10K Gamble - [The Journey]

Yes I am.

I was recommended these guys but after reading about them on FPA - I wasn’t that convinced.

I do not possess a trading account of this size as yours but in my opinion all UK based companies who decided to move their business to another country via their paperwork will do their best to protect their brand and keep the highest quality as they usually do here. Although there are different regulations around the world and they do not protect you as the FCA would, I believe that it is in their best interest not to take a *** out of its customers.

This is one of the deal makers for me when deciding.

I already kind of trust this broker, they were my very first broker - and in hindsight I only moved to IC Markets for the higher leverage, without any questions asked.

This broker is the official sponsor for the McLaren F1 Team, Yacht Club de Monaco and Watford FC - and have been around since 2006.

Easy enough to do more due diligence if required but should be enough to give them another shot.

GoMarkets, based in Melbourne, Australia, are a good forex broker. I’ve been with them for many years and had no problems with them. Also, unlike IG Markets, their daily candles end with the end of the US session. You can also choose your own level of leverage.

So we even care about Support and Resistance Zones 10+ years ago? Since the inception of the currency?

If we care about them is another matter, but they should be plotted.

This is back from 2001, since then its touched again years later, and who knows, it might touch again.

Nobody knows.

Worth plotting nevertheless.

1 Like

Will check them out.

blueberry markets 10/10 on both trustpilot and forexpeacearmy and markets dot com

@The_Baller How many trades have you closed so far since the beginning of he thread?

I believe this is a similar concept…

1 Like

Would you trade a currency pair where the trend on the monthly chart is still showing a downward trend however, the trend on the weekly chart has changed directions and is now forming an upward trend? I’m using your strategy on the daily and H4 chart, currently looking at the AUDUSD. As you can see, the daily chart is still showing there is a downward trend:

If we drop down to the H4 chart the trend is changing:

I’ve seen this video a number of times but never watched it! Great Explanation!

tx for posting!

KC

Tomorrow is the Australian interest rate decision. It’s expected to decrease, so will be partly priced in, but it will likely drop off afterwards and whipsaw. I’d be very skeptical about buying AUD long term right now. Also, you can see a rally in USD after China trade tensions have been slightly relieved this weekend.

@chesterjohn Ignoring any form of economic (pretend that there was no data due to be released) and using the trend only, what would be the course of action you take?

@The_Baller can I have your thoughts on this please?

Which is another reason I don’t like defining trends in two time-frames - what do you do when one says up and one says down?

Fair point, but the higher time frame is a downtrend that has pulled back to resistance, the lower timeframe is an uptrend. I’d probably wait and see which way it went for a little while (probably down), then do that.

Exactly the point. You recommend preferring the higher time-frame and waiting for it to break support/resistance. So why not just stick with the higher time-frame?

I’m being partly provocative because I think multiple time-frames leads to conflicted TA for everyone, but for new traders it also over-focuses them on textbook entry patterns over what’s actually happening, and once you’ve opened the door to H4 charts, where do they stop?

2 Likes

That’s a slippery slope I went down recently!

Looking to refine indicators on the 4-Hour trying to get a jump start on The daily, I found myself down into 30 minutes and 15 minutes. It’s crazy so I will review the 4-Hour as a possible “heads up”, but trade the daily.

KC

3 Likes

Have the same question as @aalim79. Be interesting to see Baller’s response because I dont think he follows news. USD/CAD is doing the same thing. Monthly trending up but weekly is dropping like a rock.

when u have large stops like @The_Baller, u don t really care about news and exact entry etc… i think he just monitores from time to time to see about changes in main dir on monthly weekly…plus… u can defenetly trade if daily for ex is going up but weekly overall is down. could be just a pullback on weekly but a trend on daily 4 hr etc…if u trade weekly and above that s considered investing already. like with gold, i m short gold right now, even tho overall main dir is still up. but gold can move up to 350 pips in a day, if the catalysts are there, so why not take advantage… even 20 pips are good haha… cheers and stay green