The £10K Gamble - [The Journey]

No idea if I’m honest. The power is with the people.

There were a few options.

1. Continue this on the side and see where it goes.
  2. Trade a bigger account > 100K and see what the deal is.
  3. Call it a day.
2 Likes

I have noticed this, and always in the back of my mind - but its not something I’ve looked into.

I only trade pairs where I’m very confident price is heading where I think its heading, regardless of the pair. I don’t think about if the pair is very similar to another pair etc.

I just take each trade on its own merits.

Baller, I for one would like to see you trade a bigger account and, when you are ready, introduce the new technique that you mentioned.

1 Like

I hope you continue the experiment so we can see where it goes. It’s been awesome being apart of this journey and its so nice to see that big returns are possible. You doubled your account in about 3 months.
Starting next week I’m going to start trading your way and see how it goes.

:+1: Much appreciated

Do you get any which don’t turn around? Then do you have a strategy?

Not during this experiment no. And not for a long time.

The most recent was a 2 week wait.

Before that, many years ago, it was about 2 months - that’s only because it then went into a range for ages before going where I needed it to go.

There is no real strategy if you think its just not going to happen. That’s when you have to cut your losses.

The market can only move in one direction, whether its with you or against you, for so long.

1 Like

I hope you continue with either option 1 or 2.

This was a great thread, very educational for amatures like me.

Baller since you were in a hedge fund I wanna ask you whether youd prefer forex or penny stocks?

Diabolo888:
Baller, what now?
No idea if I’m honest. The power is with the people.

There were a few options.
Continue this on the side and see where it goes.
Trade a bigger account > 100K and see what the deal is.
Call it a day.

@The_baller I hope you continue this thread or at least check it from time to time. This was a eye opener and you changed the game with this thread. I’ve been chasing noise on the lower TFs for the past 6 months. Really appreciate you sharing and taking valuable time out of your day to answer pleb questions and give advice about how you do what you do. You’ve been a mentor to a lot of us here. Thank you sir. :pray:

5 Likes

@The_Baller

I read where you said you don’t push any certain indicators. Is that in general or for this particular trading style? Have you found any indicators to be useful for this strategy?

What is your opinion of looking at entry/exit points using price action trend lines?

How about candlestick patterns? Although these are probably not so useful on larger TFs.

i turned 23 from 25th July to 238 until Thursday last week now at 180 all after about 70 trades all 0.01 lots
I trade all the strongest vs the weakest currencies of Oanda’s last month currency strength table that are 2% apart.

I always trade on the 4h. I open trades every new candle.

I sell when Chikou span is under the clouds AND Detrended Price Oscillator (4 periods exponential) is less than -100 (i manualy exit, need to EA this) AND price Also below kijun Sen ( Ichimoku default settings) AND Waddah Attar Explosion red bar is beyond the Death Pip Zone (settings default except for death pip zone at 2000)

Vice versa for buys.

TSL 2 atr(84) of 4H, TP open OR exit when DPO crosses the other way of zero.

WHY all these

Chikou span i got from Baller, 4h because i have time, strong vs weak got from Dennis in another thread in here (strong weak analysis), DPO and WAE got from NNFX discord and also found a guy in telegram who uses these settings who runs a very well set up by far signal service called Signature Traders, kijun sen got from NNFX ichimoku videos as my baseline, 84 setting oof ATR is the same as what NNFX uses converted from their daily ATR which is 14, 2 ATR TSL got from NNFX even though they use 1.5ATR BE

2 Likes

That is pretty impressive!

Interesting stuff, man. Sounds like you’re doing better than me! Got way too exposed on GBP sells, but I’m gonna change!

I’ve never touched penny stocks.

In general. I only have one trading style, this one.

Haven’t done it myself but I’m sure it works.

I don’t really pay attention to any patterns as such.

3 Likes

amrogers3:
What is your opinion of looking at entry/exit points using price action trend lines?

The_Baller
Haven’t done it myself but I’m sure it works.

Do you have any methodology/strategy for when you enter or exit? I doubt you enter a trade willy nilly.

1 Like

@The_Baller thanks for such an informative thread, it’s been an educational read.

Just a few questions:

1. How did you get into this strategy?
  2. How long have you been trading in this way?
  3. For long has this strategy been profitable for you?
  4. What confirms for you the big picture trend in the monthly chart? I’ve noticed that what you interpret often differed from others here
  5. How do you decide which pairs to review for their monthly trend?
  6. So what’s your routine, e.g.

I. Sunday review charts
II. Monday place orders
III. Wednesday check progress
IV. Thur - Fri close

Thank you for taking the time to document this journey.

1 Like

It’s pretty much willy nilly.

I’m pretty comfortable being in the red for a few days because pinpoint entries just aren’t my thing and its not something I can say I’ve mastered.

If I look at the monthly chart and its a downtrend - I’ll be going short and probably go short within 30 seconds.

I’ve mentioned it somewhere above, if you want to refine your entries, then go to a lower time frame.

As for exits, it will either be just before the most obvious level of support or resistance/whatever I consider enough for that trade.

3 Likes

Someone showed me something similar and I modified it, tested it and then traded it.

10+ years.

10+ years.

Higher highs and higher lows, or lower lows and lower highs.

I just look at them all.

I don’t have a routine. If I find a pair that looks like its trending on the monthly, I plot support and resistance and I’m in the trade.

Depending on the account I might not check progress for weeks, months, or until it hits the SL/TP.

5 Likes