The £10K Gamble - [The Journey]

baller, one thing I’ve noticed looking at your charts is that there seems to be a lot of ares in the middle of your S/R zones where the price has bounced around, along with several touches on the lagging span, that some could consider as valid S/R levels, but you are not treating them as such. I’ve noticed on charts I’ve drawn messing around with this, I’ll have several more s/r levels on a pair than you do, and I feel like it’s muddying up my charts.

Any tips for recognizing a valid s/r zone against invalid ones?

1 Like

All nicely in profit. Loving this laid back style of trading

2 Likes

Chances are on the monthly chart there won’t be a lot.

There might be a recent top top, and the last bottom bottom and then something in the middle.

Like this.

There might be several on lower time frames, but I don’t really pay attention to any of that.

But nothing is certain in terms of what is valid and what isn’t.

5 Likes

Got a few positions open still.

Not sure why I closed the below for a few pips today, but I did.

3 Likes

Hi @The_Baller,

What kind of take profit approach would you be using if you weren’t making this trading journal? I get that you would probably leave things open for longer, but how much longer, and when would you close them?

Also, I should say thank you. I am giving this approach a go and its great so far.

One more question if I may. The approach doesn’t really need to have such a high risk profile does it? I mean, you just do that because your experienced and comfortable with it right? I am trying it out just with 1% per trade risk at the moment, thats why I’m asking. Thanks again! Also this thread has been and continues to be a great read.

3 Likes

You would have to identify potential support or resistant levels/areas and aim to take profits there. It could be weeks or many months.

There isn’t a correct answer, you could take them when you’re content with what you’ve made. You could simply take them like the majority, on a risk reward basis. Or you could just take profit in chunks and keep going back in.

You can risk 1% or even less if you wish.

I do it because I know it works, and bigger risk means bigger rewards, long term.

4 Likes

Had to treat myself to a new pizza cutter.

8 Likes

Baller,

You’ve been a great help.

Have you decided where you’re taking this journal next?

1 Like

After giving it some thought, I’ve decided to keep this going with the £10K live account for now.

Although I could easily knock up a £100K demo account, connect it to Myfxbook and make big money. trading big on a demo and on a live account are two different things.

5 Likes

How come you chose The Baller as “you” ? Is Ben baller an inspiration to you or do you aspire his lifestyle or somthing? :slight_smile:

Slow week, plodding along.

2 Likes

Baller - thank you again for putting up this journal and for taking the time to answer everyones questions. It is very cool of you. I had a quick question regarding determining the current trend. On the chart below what would you say is the current trend if any and would you feel comfortable making a trade with this trend?

I can’t speak for everyone, but I’m short.

1 Like

Current profit for the year, £10,566.99, a 105.67% gain.

8 Likes

Sometimes you just need to sit patiently and wait.

This is why I don’t deposit large sums of money into one account.

I rather have multiple pots of smaller amounts.

I always keep a separate account to trade the majors.

Spoiler

6 Likes

Are there any minor pairs you watch out for especially with this style of trading?

1 Like

You can see the most traded pairs from my account below.

I trade any minor pair, not fussy.

1 Like

All now closed in profit. Just put TP at 30-50 pips and waited. SL 200 or so, away from the drama.

AudJpy
AudChf

Planning to sell these two next week, same style

4 Likes

:pizza::pizza::pizza::pizza::pizza::pizza::pizza::pizza::pizza::pizza::pizza:

3 Likes

@The_Baller Do you trade exotics like NOK SEK and SGD? Or even indexes (I think you’ve mentioned before u don’t trade futures/commos?)