Hye, sorry to interrupt but I hope I can anwer your question on behalf of Baller.
Your question is really kind of basic and it varies a lot depending on your trading style.
I suggest your dig into School of pipsology again on the subject of scaling and you might get some of the answers there.
But from my opinion with my style, if I were to trade with 0.5 on a certain market. I would break the trade to smallest possible position available and that is 0.01 lots.
Therefore I would have 50 possible entries of 0.01 lots per entry.
The first entry may vary but i suggest not going more than 1/3 of your total position at any given moment.
I may enter up to 0.15 lots but when the trade goes againts me thats when I can utilize 2/3 of my remaining position to capitalize the market movement depending on price action , candle stick patterns , SNR’s plus all the technical , fundamentals and sentiments involved.
The key to capitalize your remaining entry positions is to look at smaller time frames to find signs of reversal at any given moment.
I most probably will not use the remaining 1/3 of my entry position wheareas it will be utilized as an insurance, only, if the trade really goes far away against me and I find a very strong sign of reversal that has broken all the obvious strong SNR levels. Or maybe I can use it to trade the counter trend setups available that has very obvious reason to happen.
Yess, it may sound kind of deliberate.
But remember, no matter what size your account is;
-always trade as though as you have a bazillion of money.
-always trade like you are a dealer.
-always think like a dealer.
-trading is a zero sum game (someone at the other end must lose for you to win).
-95% of traders lose money, that remaining 5% that wins are dealers, sharks and Ballers. So, if you cannot beat them(sharks,ballers etc.) BE THEM.