The £10K Gamble - [The Journey]

I’d say you are right, overall its probably short.

On the daily I saw it was pushing up and still had a bit to go so I took a few pips.

Based on this current situation, hanging around on the monthly and weekly might not get the results required to put bread on the table (within a reasonable time frame) so you have to drill down to the daily at least.

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply @The_baller . That’s exactly what I thought it was. I’ve discovered that flexibility is a real survival tool for a trader and you just confirmed it. With so much time on my hands I should probably be looking at the smaller timeframes for momentum-based moves

@The_Baller I guess it’s not advisable to enter a trade on Friday with this strategy is that correct? Because I was tempted to enter a trade last week Friday and in a 50pips drawdown now… I guess Sundays must be for entering trades, lesson learnt now…

Current month.

Grand total.

1 Like

Are you willing to hold any positions in DD for months? I only ask due to the fact TA is not being respected and market volatility is kind of crazy at the moment.

As of today, yes - they’re not really moving up or down, its just sideways action.

1 Like

Started this experiment exactly 1 year ago today, 1st May 2019 - still going strong, testing, and learning new things.

Respect to @FarhanFadzli @pipopeeler91 @BenP @Diabolo888 @frandlost @Arturofx @Haptic @MidKnight_King @k3v1n0s @Constadino + anyone else I’ve missed off that contributed and kept it going (can only namedrop 10 people in this post max).

10 Likes

This thread is the best thing I’ve come across and has educated me a lot. Hope you keep it going, long may it continue and I’m sure there’s plenty of others who have been following will agree and want to see it continue. Thank you.

1 Like

I’ve started the experiment and so far it’s working… I’ll see how far I can go with this…

1 Like

Thanks for transmitting so much @The_Baller , I have learned that something complicated can be pure and simple. Thanks to this thread I start to get good pips and a better taste for pizza, I hope to continue learning a lot together. 1 year, 200% you are definitely a Baller :pizza:.

1 Like

I’ve recorded some level of success using @The_Baller’s strategy, it works more when you are trading trend reversals don’t ever trade break out with it… that’s my observation so far, but then you can still take my words with a pinch of salt… good luck y’all…

3 Likes

Baller, many thanks for all your time and effort on this thread, its greatly appreciated, and your results are fantastic.

I am a complete novice so bear with me, but i have found this really helpful and interesting. Your way of trading appeals to me greatly, as i think, especially for a novice, with so much information out there, you can over complicate things, and also I don’t want to be sat at my screen fretting over trades for 8-12 hours a day as i have other business interests.

I have several no doubt daft questions on this system and in general…

Which broker do you use (for live and demo) ?

You mention consistently about never risking more than 10% on a single trade, does this mean that with a 10k pot you can only lose a maximum of 1k on each trade with the stop loss in place, or could you potentially lose the whole 10k pot if that trade goes bad ? Which is down to leverage i suppose if that’s the case ?

Lot size, initially you advise to go in at 0.25 ?

I notice you have a pretty much constant -7-8k position, is this just one trade (which links into my above question)

With regards profits, and a ‘get out’, when you set trades, can you / do you factor in a profit mark that if it hits that mark, will automatically close off that trade and bank the profits ? ie 40 pips or 80 pips ?. Or is it a case of having to close each one yourself when you are happy ? Only if the latter, it means you have to constantly monitor your positions or you could miss the market hitting the point of gain you are happy with.

Many thanks

This is the biggest honor I have ever had in my forex career for the moment…
Thank you brother @The_Baller!
:heart:

2 Likes

Hello @The_Baller I’ve been practicing your last experiment and I would like you to help me with some questions.

Are you using specific USD pairs or anyone that crosses the cloud?

I would like to know what is the limit of open trades

Finally, if you trade at a specific time or only at the crosses of cloud regardless of the time of day.

hope I can learn to adapt to market climates

Thanks my friend

Hello let me help you with this is something that has been discussed in this thread.

IC Markets with the Ctrader platform

The lot size will depend on the size of your account and of course what you want to risk … 0.1 lots is a good size for a 5k account, for example.

In the weekly charts you have to be patient to handle the Drawdown.

Exit points are generally just before an obvious level of support or resistance. You can also leave when you are happy with the result.

Hope I have been helpful.

1 Like

Most of these have been answered, but I’ll add a few notes.

Yes.

Yes, that is a sensible size.

These are from several open positions.

The ideal scenario is to set a target of x pips - if you’re away from the screen and it hits the target then happy days - if it doesn’t and the next time you check, if you’re happy, take it.

2 Likes

No, any pair will do.

I usually have 7-8 absolute max.

No specific time, as and when I see an opportunity.

2 Likes

Nice start to the week.

2 Likes

Thank you for comments and for reiterating the concepts I learn’t before and adding nuance. This has helped me develop further my skills.

1 Like

Thanks Baller.

Im just working my way through the babypips teaching manual and wondering whether its worth learning it all , or will it end up just blinding me with science (too much information).

Any thoughts ?