The 3 Duck's Trading System

It gives you time to actually have a life outside Forex

All the Euro based pairs are still strong contenders this week by the looks.
Some nice set ups so far today.

I like the looks of NZD/USD, NZD/CAD & AUD/JPY too. Hopefully there will be some nice clean entries to get a hold of this week.

Still trying to decide when to take profits. I place trades at 11pm EST, So for me the major options are either
1-Close the trades that are in profit when I get up (7am EST)
2-At 7am EST bring profitable trades to BE and then do 3 or 4 below
3-Close the trades the next trade time (11pm EST), giving the trade a full day, or
4-Setting the TP at the next resistance level, but exit at 11pm if not hit.

Iā€™m curious if any of you that have been trading this for a long time would share your TakeProfit methods and results. BTW thanks Rindoan for already sharing.

3D Trades today:
EurCad (In profit when I got up at 7am EST; still in profit now but less. Not closed.)
GbpUsd (In profit when I got up, but ended up with a full loss on this one later in the day.)

Re. Taking profit:
Iā€™ve made notes for years on the best way to exit, and found, over time, nothing beats moving the stop loss with the hourly parabolic SAR.
Well, nothing else Iā€™ve tried anyhow!

Will go short EURGBP.

We have had a clear double top followed by a break of the lows, retest and clear rejection.

Greetings Duck Hunters,

Just having a quick eyeball at the 4 hour charts for some Euro pairs and itā€™s looking like our First Duck (H4) would favor:

selling set-ups on:
Eur.Usd
Eur.Jpy
Eur.Gbp

Donā€™t forget the ECB interest rate decision and press conference today - Wed the 15th.

Good trading to you all for the rest of this week,

Andy
Captain Currency

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use or reliance on such information.

Hi all - Hey Captnā€™

Iā€™ve been directed to your ā€˜guidelinesā€™ as a proper way to approach the market. Iā€™d like to show what I see. . and get some guidance. . Thanks in advance.

april 17 weekend work- - just checking up and down the timeframes - and I find 3 pair that I think are primed to watch early this week.
And two pair that may or may not develop this week.

gbpcad - 4hr MA is down & price below(check) 1hr ma is down but price above (waiting this week to see if gets below)

usdcad- (this matches gbp/cad but here the 1 hr is below sma - yay) looking for early this week.

cadjpy - 4hr MA is up & price above(check) 1hr Ma is up, price is above (just barely,check) Holding above96.85 broke that longtime range- maybe poising for a move up? (looking for early this week)

am I on track - missing the boat - - missing some other obvious - ?? thanks
audjpy - 4hr Up p.a. above (check) 1hr ma up p.a. above (check) but I would like to see a break above 93.07 before considering a long.

nzdusd - for early week consideration - 4h up pa above (check) 1hr up and pa above (check) also peeked higher than.7698 I donā€™t know - should we wait for price to be above .7740 before considering a long??

For what itā€™s worth Perch Tird Iā€™ve also included those 3 on my watch list for next week.

Iā€™ve also commented on the AUDJPY & NZDUSD over on the 16 candles thread because the alternative entry view isnā€™t topical to this thread.

Hi,
Thank you Captain for your trading method which is really improved my results . I just started using your method before 2 weeks and up to now i gain +%25 on my live account .I am still learning and reading posts here to get more knowledge and experiences of others . Thanks again

Have you tried the 30 minute Parabolic SAR trailing stop? In my experience that works the best, even if youā€™re trading on higher time frames.

Usd.Cad might be worth pinning onto your shortlist over the next couple of sessions Duck Hunters!

Our First Duck (H4) is clearly showing us the way and letting us know that hunting for selling set-ups on this pair might be the way. After the recent bounce up, Iā€™d love to see bears come back in and start breaking this pair down lower once again.

Bearish Target: 1.2000, now that would be very nice ā€¦

Good trading to you all over the next few sessions,

Andy
Captain Currency

Hi everyone,

i have read this interesting system. May i aks a question regarding the entry. step 1 and 2 are easy. But how to proceed with step three. In often cases the prize is going up above 60sma in 1h and 4h frame but has crossed the 60sma in 5min frame before the cross of the higher time frames. as a consequence the prize is already below or above the 60sma(5min). We dont have a cross after the steps 1 and 2.
Do we enter or stay aside?

in many case the prize runs away without us. we could wait until the prize is coming back to 60sma(5min) and recrosses it in the direction of the higher time frames. then the risk is high that most of the move is over. Any rules on that?

USD/CAD is working well today!

Iā€™m still working out the kinks - and I missed this one - but it was on my watch list. A bit disappointed that I missed it, but quite pleased that I was watching for it.

another entry in AUD/USD

USD/CAD also entered again today

[B]Did You Miss the Move?[/B] Page 8 of the 3 Ducks eBook covers this Wheeler, just read page 8 one more time and youā€™ll be sorted.

Have a great weekend,

[B]Andy
Captain Currency[/B]

thx Andy, i will check it again.

CAD/USD giving another signal today

Where is the link to this e-book?