The 3 Duck's Trading System

Very nice, keep it up

Greetings Duck Hunters,

Just having a quick gander at the Eur.Usd pair this morning, looks like Bulls have been pushed out on the recent pullback.

No Bullish set-ups at the moment, current spot price is about $1.1435 and Iā€™d be thinking Bulls would need to get back above that 1.1530 area I[/I] if they are to get back in control!

Fundy Friday: Non Farm-Payrolls this Friday coming (6th), will be very interested to see what this pair does in the next few sessions.

Chat soon guys,

Andy
Captain Currency

hello fellow traders :smiley:

did someone miss this perfect 3 duckies setup ? well it paid my day, and now iā€™ll watch NFP from the couchā€¦ please on my charts just mind the dotted purple line thats the 60 SMAā€¦ the rest is my own personal setup.

the 5min Break of previous LL

4h and 1h also in agreement. Aussies have been ur friends for the past days :smiley:

Hi Everyone,
Thanks Captain for suggesting this system to me ā€“ helped me see the target trends within higher mainframes and more besides.

Iā€™ve been reading about the Ducks system quite a bit and manually testing it on past charts. I wouldnā€™t mind checking some aspects of my understanding :

-from my tests of eur/usd, I found that if I target 1h trends, I need to get in early on them, e.g. like right after 2 waves occur (e.g. 2 higher lows and 2 higher highs, for uptrend). Coming in later like the 4th wave or so, makes it harder to profit. Perhaps , unlike 4h trends, these trends run much shorter, so thatā€™s why. Let me know if people agree /disagree with that (my main question). If I trade 1h trends, I might try to get in early on them.

-the 5m chart is used as an alternative to the 15m chart. Itā€™s like using a 20sma on the 15min chart , with added breakout confirmation

-I see some of Captainā€™s recent choices can violate the 60sma on 4h trend , when the 4h trend picked happens to be somewhat ā€˜wavyā€™, by about e.g. 20% (and thatā€™s not the first wave of the trend but later on). I might allow the same to, but I think I like it when my target time-frame uptrend/downtrend trends within the 60sma ā€“ means itā€™s less wavy and easier to profit from. And if the 4h trend is target trend, this system doesnā€™t specify to align a higher daily time-frame, but I might try to align the daily time-frame as well with these trades (donā€™t know if itā€™s necessary though).

Thanks
Harp

Hello traders.

again my best friend aussie pays out easily

:smiley: keep this thread alive, participate guys.

I just got my first live trade win on that movement! And, better yet, I had it as a two-part trade with an open TP on the second part, so itā€™s still running.

Iā€™m finding it rare to see a trade set-up using 3 Ducks, where a two-part trade with open TP on one part doesnā€™t make sense. I try to pick SL and TP based an support and resistance, which often gives me crappy RvR on part one, so having an open part two seems to work. Anyone else find that?

Nice trading Zwara, the drinks are on you!

Over the last couple of weeks Aussie Dollar has been a good trendy pair to be selling.

Good trading for the rest of the week,

[B]Andy
Captain Currency[/B]

Morning Duck Hunters,

At a quick glance this sunny Monday morning, it looks like our First Duck (H4) has a:

BULLISH BIAS for these pairs:

Usd.Cad
Usd.Chf

BEARISH BIAS for these pairs:
Eur.Usd
Gbp.Usd
Aud.Usd

Good trading for the week ahead guys,

Andy
Captain Currency

Cheers Harp, delighted to hear the Ducks are helping you out!

Andy
Captain Currency

I was hoping to find some duck eggs here., gotta be some, somewhere, near here.

There might be a couple hatching tonight?

Howdy Trend Traders,

A quick look at the charts this Thursday morning and it looks like our First Duck (H4) favours:

Buying set-ups on:
Gbp.Usd
Usd.Jpy
Usd.Chf

Selling set-ups on:
Eur.Usd
Eur.Gbp
Aud.Usd

Safe trading,

Andy
Captain Currency

question to anybody: Just wondering why donā€™t we worry about the other high impact events? the ducks booklet states to only worry about rates and NFP decisions. iā€™m new but i thought it was the norm to avoid trading around all high impact events e.g. cpi , retails sales etc (there are many)

and thanks again Andy.

NFP and interest rates have the biggest impact, so itā€™s more a question of picking and choosing. If you avoid trading around all of them it really reduces your opportunities. Iā€™ve been trading this system for about four months and I check on the calendar before placing each trade for the major events, but have not avoided taking a position unless itā€™s rates or NFP.

I have an unrelated question: what are people doing when they have open positions on a Friday? I set up a couple of trades yesterday, they triggered in the night and now theyā€™re sitting around entry with about five hours until market close. Leaving them open over the weekend opens them up to the Sunday jump, where price seems to move a lot. Do you close out your positions on Fridays no matter what, or is this discretionary?

Right now Iā€™m thinking it makes no sense to just close them because itā€™s Friday, unless theyā€™ve made some profit already. If they were near TP that would be different.

Hi Shojin- I recognize the name from a different forum, and understand you have some great insight into trading this market - - Nice to see you here. As far as your Friday trades, I can give you my thoughts, but alas - Iā€™m not a great trader yet.
From my understanding - Friday are generally used for the institutional side to ā€œsquare upā€ positions, and therefore introduces another element of risk. If I trade on Friday, I am in it for a ā€œscalpā€ only, or an intraday bet only. If I have a trade open -no matter itā€™s status, I close it.
However, if a person trades on a longer term type scenario - I suspect then Sunday gaps, or Friday squaring up - is not all that important? (just guessing here)

Anyhow - I hope you consistently gain the pips.

Must be another Shojin on the other forum; I donā€™t recall posting forex stuff anywhere else. (EDIT: oh wait, maybe reddit). My insight might not be as thorough as the other oneā€¦

Anyway, I agree. I donā€™t like having open positions over the weekend. I placed the pending orders yesterday hoping theyā€™d hit TP, or even SL I guess, by now. My EURGBP trade has price literally drifting along my entry like a magnet and the other trade is up a bit, but not enough to move SL up. Still two hours to goā€¦

Hey andy

If I get time I will overlay my fxcorrelator indicator onto your 3 duck system here

As you know it really does help,bring to,life just how powerful,the 3 ducks is !

Talk,soon
Nvp

Andy mentions NFP as it is the Super Bowl of news and eventsā€¦personally I would avoid any red event as listed in the FF calendarā€¦thatā€™s more,than just the nfp

N

Excellent point ā€¦I trade using strengthmeters and closely follow,the performance of individual,currency indexes

Fridays for,me involves seeing what currencies have trended well in the week ā€¦traders will be generally looking to close out trades,on these currencies for the weekend

So always beware and perhaps trade the fade on Fridays

Nvp

question to anybody: if using Ducks system for 4h trend trades, Ducks doesnā€™t require the higher timeframe (in this case daily) to be lined up. as a newby, iā€™m thinking itā€™s desirable to have a higher timeframe present as well. is it really needed for entry into 4h trends?

(and thanks shojin)