The 3 Duck's Trading System

And this a perfect example.
Fibonacci is not part of the structure of this model.
It’s not required

If one or more of you wish to discuss it then fine, but please open a journal & discuss that + any other bolt-on addition to your hearts content on there.

This thread is for the discussion of the original 3 Ducks approach as presented on the first page of this thread.
Please respect other members & Andy Perry’s wishes to keep it clean, free of add-ons & in it’s original format.

Hey doubleecho. If you see my post on page 87 you will know that i told i don,t suggest you that use fibo lines for enter and exit this is just a example. please before you want show yourself here and want say a thing read my post exactly and with a open eye and after discuss about others guys. I don,t want change the base of this system if i want i will open a new thread and there i will discuss about many and many ways to enter and exit. That posts were just to help Mr dobro for enter and exit. If you don,t want use this lines so please don,t say any thing and don,t use . If you see my all posts you will see that i told many times that keep this system simple simple simple simple… why you don,t get it ahhhhhh:17:

Hi,

I would not complain but my pending order was triggerd very quickly. :slight_smile:

Good pips

Nice trade salty. DoubleEcho - lesson learned and well taken, I’ll respect the strategy’s parameters.

Good trading all but I’ve never liked Fridays so I’ll stay on the sidelines. d

DoubleEcho,
I know where you’re coming from, but I for one am interested in other traders’ entry & exit strategies.
Anyway, doesn’t The Captain say these strategies are for your own personal trading style.
So I don’t really see what the problem is.
Thanks.

WayneG - Mike and others have really worked at keeping the charts clean so I will keep that way. If I or anyone uses another indicator for confirmation we can keep that private for our own use. d

He’s not saying don’t use alternative price aids Wayne, all he’s suggesting is that if folks want to experiment with various permutations on specific aspects of the structure then do it via a 3 Ducks journal.

That way other interested parties can access, peruse & interact with the individual in that medium & leave the main thread in its original format so newcomers can view, participate & engage with Andy & the other experienced guys without having to wade through lots of conflicting or confusing information.

This little beauty has weathered all the storms on here & it would be criminal to see its major asset become diluted.

Okie Dokie

DoubleEcho,

I am not in anyway trying to alter the 3 Ducks system. I love it’s SIMPLISTIC structure and just wanted an aid in my entry/exit points. Don’t criticize me for that as this forum is to discuss the 3 Ducks system and all it entails which include entry/exits. Simmer down please…

I’m curious why anyone would need an aid to assist with entries & exits when there are a varied selection of perfectly efficient options already available?!
How many different permutations do you need?

During your testing, which of the already discussed entry & trade management selections have you experienced most success with & which options do you find least successful?

I want to give you an advice that I got looking at my current trades and charts on 3 ducks.

The best of the best entries are when the ducks are aligned JUST AFTER the price has crossed the 3 SMAs.

You can have the ducks aligned later, but the best entry is when it just crossed. After that, just look for your significant recent high (or low for sell) and put your stop order there and the stop loss and targets where you want.

On shorter timeframe (maybe trades for a week) I have seen that 2.5 times the stop is good and very frequent.

Happy hunting!

If you don’t mind…
How many lots do you open initially? How many lots do you close on your first TP?

beautiful words and thank you for making it clear.
i am new in 3 ducks system and as you said that it makes complicated if different users post different methods to entry/exit or whatever and makes this thread too big so that no one can follow it after some time.
thank you again. :60:

Maybe you could petition the admins to make it a sticky, and then close it. I mean it’s not like there anything that needs to be added now… and …people will have no choice but to open a journal instead if they feel so compelled. If something ever does need adding, then you could petition the admins to open it again…I’m sure they’d do that if you ask’em nice :5:

There was nothing that needed to be added after the 1st post Julie, & as much as I fully & enthusiastically agree with your idea about making this excellent thread a sticky, closing it would inconvenience Andy somewhat whenever he would need to visit the thread to submit his regular heads up posts & enjoyable, humorous video updates.

DoubleEcho’s suggestion is perfectly valid & appears a satisfactory trade off.
I concur with Volan’s comments.
I can’t for the life of me understand why newbies would feel the need to fiddle around with the already adequate default entry, management & exit options. After all, this is a nice, simple, relaxed price action based model that follows a very logical & disciplined sequence of events.

d-pip doesn’t seem to have ever experienced difficulties with the original set up critera, as doesn’t medisoft, volan, salty or any of the other semi-regular contributors who have contributed posts over the past 6 years.

If these newbies spent a little more time firming up their observational skills & developed more patience & discipline there would no need for these types of discussions at all.

Right…well then too bad there wasn’t a forum feature to give the thread starter the option to make it “read only” for everyone else. Have to put that in the suggestion box :45:

It doesn’t need to be read only.
All it needs is for folks to follow the very simple rules, apply a little common sense & give themselves adequate time to enure they’re familiar with why & how it works & the reasons the thread starter hasn’t added anything more to it since it evolved.

Oh oh oh. How many posts about just fibo lines. If i did know that fibo will became important as this i will create a new fibo for Meta4 clients. I don,t know why you don,t want accept that i want show a way of many ways that a trader can go and exit in market. Please read this lines very exactlty : When Mr dobro had a problem with enter and exit why no one of did not help he.? Ha.? really why you did not help him.? just Mr medisoft and me show his many ways of enters and exits. I don,t who are you.? but i know you are look like mushroom and you bring your head some times from under ground. You are relate of each other and i don,t know who is your leader.
I told in every myself posts and noticed that please pay attention 3 Duck,s traders keep this system simple simple simple. If i wanted show fibo lines because Me and Mr medisoft told to Mr dobro that you can choice your enter and exits from High & Lows from S & R lines from price actions from fibo lines from…
and i told in my post please pay attention that i don,t suggest you use this fibo lines it is just a look for fibo lines and it is was just for Mr dobro that solve his problem.
I told many times to you that before you want show yourself here please read my posts with OPEN EYES PLEASE really with OPEN EYES and after it judge about guys posts. It is well that i told many times this if i didn,t told it you will kill me.
And you have to know that i am helping about 50 peoples from 3 Duck,s traders in skype that improve 3 Duck,s system.
You just know this that destroy others. Instead of destroying people please help newbies. I really know that no one of you don,t trade 3 Duck,s system i really know this.
Your unworth posts will not destroy me but it help me that i be here with a new power.

It has already been pointed out to you & anyone else struggling to apply any aspect of this simple approach that all they need do is revisit the material where the entry, trade management & exit choices (based on the type of time duration you wish to adopt) are clearly visible in live examples throughout the thread, via the e-book & regularly updated on his video releases.

Nothing else is required.
Let’s repeat that again for you shall we…[B][U]nothing else is required![/U][/B]

LOL, he’ll burst a blood vessel if he’s not careful.