The 3 Duck's Trading System

Exactly.
Everywhere you look on here & other similar forums the majority of newcomers are always in a great hurry to give all their money away.

Whatever approach you use there will be regular occasions on certain currencies & instruments where the higher probability opportunities simply aren’t in play.
It’s imperative you quickly recognize those situations & adjust accordingly otherwise your capital, enthusiasm & positive outlook isn’t going to last very long at all.

It’s usually those scenarios where newcomers abandon strategies or methods altogether, complaining they don’t work & get lured into wasting more of their time chasing rainbows by flitting from one approach to another.

Most of the above is usually the by-product of experience.
Unfortunately, those same individuals don’t possess the personality traits, patience, discipline, common sense or enough money to accumulate that experience.

Vicious circle.

DOUBLE LIKE for Master Tang, a great bit of trading wisdom.

[I]“No Trend, No Trade”[/I] what does that leave out ??? (nothing).

[B]Actions speak louder than words …[/B]
Every Trend Trader would do well to print off these bits of trading wisdom. Don’t forget to [I][B]apply[/B][/I] them rather than just [B][I]saying[/I][/B] them.

[B]Andy,
Captain Currency.[/B]

Too True DoubleEcho,

[B]Actions and Attitudes,[/B] even if you are new to trading and trading a demo account, trade for REAL!. Stop taking random pot shots, you’re going nowhere.

[B]A better approach for a newbie[/B] would be to have a plan every week like: I’m going to take a maximum of 5 trades this week. This will force you into thinking about your next move and your next trade. Great for those newbie traders who want to progress into better traders.

Always reminds me of Poker, newcomers betting on every single hand, rarely passing, folding or sitting out a round.

Just remember you won’t need to play every hand or round to win a Poker Tourney … You won’t need to trade every set up or trade every day to win at trading either.

[B]Andy,
Captain Currency.[/B]

Thanks a lot guys for your words of wisdom and nice suggestions :slight_smile:

The problem is that a newbie is not good in judging strong trends. I like the suggestion “No Trend, No Trade” and Andy also mentioned this rule in his book too but what someone will do when there is no trend at all for days? I lose three trades today because of these shifting small trends. I entered when all 3 ducks lined up and price was way above/below the 60 sma on 4 and 1 hour charts and price has also crossed high/low on the 5 minute chart but just because Market is moving up and down quickly I lose. I widened my stop losses to give trades some room but no use.

Just an example. Look at the size of this candle! Huh! :49:

[B][U]Today’s Performance:[/U]
[/B]
-88 Pips on three trades

Total Loss: - 88 Pips

Hi,

Sorry for your loss. But you should be aware of FOMC/Bank Rate Decision Events. Better if you are not trading on these days and wait for next direction of trends. In case of yesterday’s Euro/Usd trade, I would place buy on 1.3410 area with Stop Loss at 1.3380. Whatever trend is changing after 2 weeks. Lets wait for next week. If current price action continues for next 2 days, hope we will able go long on Usd.

Have a nice day.
Thank you.

Thanks Bro Faisal :slight_smile:

[B][U]Today’s Performance:[/U][/B]

• 46 Pips on three trades
  • 66 Pips on three trades

Total Loss: - 20 Pips

[B][U]Monday’s Performance:[/U][/B]

• 20 Pips on one trade.

Total profit: + 20 Pips

For Duck Hunters Next Week, Aud.Usd is still trending down and Eur.Usd and Gbp.Usd pairs are heading south also.

Usd.Jpy looks steady enough going north (see chart) with a decent up trend on the 4hr chart. Duck Hunters will favor longs (buys) on Usd.Jpy and shorts (sells) on Aud.Usd, Eur.Usd and Gbp.Usd.

But stall the ball … a shed load of news is due to be released next week like;

1. Aussie Interest Rate Statement is due to be released on Tue, July 2nd.
2. British Interest Rate Statement is due to be released on Thur, July 4th.
3. Eurozone Interest Rate Statement is due to be released on Thur, July 4th.
4. Non Farm Payrolls is due to be released on Fri, July 5th.

And a Double Don’t Forget, 4th of July is a Holiday in the USA so the market could be thin.

A Little Side Tip
If you fish or golf, next week could be your week to shine away from the markets.

Andy,
Captain Currency.

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use or reliance on such information.

Thanks Andy.

Greeting Guy ‘n’ Gals,

[B]A short video lesson[/B] for any newbie Duck Hunters unsure about ENTRY - Step 3 Your 3rd Duck, page 7 of the eBook.

Hope this helps,

[B]Andy,
Captain Currency[/B]

Thanks Andy for the video.

Hello…

No comments about today’s drop!!!
Massive drop. Didn’t take any trade but remain long on UJ. Pending order was activated 100.10 and tight SL as tomorrow’s NFP. No more tomorrow. Will be massive move and we need clear trend for the next week.

Happy Pipping 'n Happy Weekend.

Raaz
:33:

Update of opened trade. From my point of view; when my pending got activated, trend was little bit flat on 1H. :frowning:

Dear Captain and dear all,

I opened about one week ago 4 lots of Usd/Jpy at 97,75 and then I added 4 more lots a cople of days ago at 99,90.

What do ou suggest me to do before tomorrow NFP? Close now with 300 pips gained or wait and hope?

In somehow I feel usdJpy could continue go up but I never had luck with forex and I never was able to gain more than 100 pips in my trading history…

Hey,

Well done. About my trade, entered long on UJ 99.86 in July 2nd closed next day just before correction. Again entered on UJ yesterday (100.10) and will be continued till NFP. :16:

But definitely I’ll lock my profit , at least breakeven will be considered. My suggestion is fairly simple. Lock your profit. DO NOT keep open. No need to be emotional. At least you can put SL where profit covered 150 pips. Then keep watching NFP. :60:

Good Luck.
Happy Pipping.

Raaz

Why not to expect something great!!!

I m expecting to break 104.00 level today.
Feeling Greedy…:59:

Well. I don’t mind. After all, it’s all about pips and 3 Ducks.:cool:

Hi msufaisal,

You won’t see 104.000 on USDJPY today as the USA is in holiday mode, so the current price is drifting sideways around 100.230 in fear of the NFP.

However I hope you are right because I am long this pair.

Regards, Trader009.

104.00 today is only a dream…from my point of view we will see a 50/100 pips move max!

I hope at least heading north!

104.00 'n Today…No, that’s not possible!!!
:58:

Nope. Just stopped out at breakeven. N shorted GJ right away on breakout. Hoping to grab 100-150 pips.
Good Luck.

Happy NFP Day…
:60:

And here it is!

As usual for me usdjpy has gone south and I have close now 4 lots at breakeven…now I have four more lots opened at 97,75…what to do?