The 3 Duck's Trading System

My reason behind the 6720 target is that there seems to be a support level there. This seems to have been the right call as the FTSE has just rocketed back up to the 6750 area setting up a potential long position just watching my ducks quack quack!

There turned out to be two yes two 3 duck based entry points today! Two in one day dizzy stuff! The FTSE has now smashed through that 6720ish support point.

Edit: Sorry if the charts caused any confusion. The only line that matters in relation to the 3 ducks is the yellow one which is the 60MA

Hi Dave82,
I think that the charts you are posting are a little bit too confusingā€¦maybe you should create a new system instead of putting your charts in 3 ducks thread.
One of the most important thing about 3ducks is its cleariness, donā€™t you think so?

Apologies,

I wasnā€™t trying to create any confusion at all. I was simply excited about applying the 3 ducks successfully. Happy for the charts to be removed if they are in anyway causing confusion or detracting from this thread.

I am no where near ready to create my own system I am just using the 3 ducks with the 15 mins chart and the 15 and 30 MA as further indicators.

Sorry again for the confusion but thank you for sharing the 3 ducks

Dave

Hi Dave,
Sorry if I was a little bit rude in my post but I was only thinking that maybe your way of trading is only similar to 3 ducks but is another system.
If it is succesfull I will be glad to learn something but probably you only should open a new thread.
I have tried to trade the 3 ducks but so far I was not so succesfulā€¦I am still looking for a system that can guarantee 10 pips a dayā€¦

No problem. I still donā€™t think I can justify a whole new system. It really is as simple as uing the 15 min chart adding the 15 and 30 MA to the chart and when the ducks say trade making sure the 15 is going in the direction of your trade. So donā€™t enter into a short if the 15MA is going up.

I dont think any system can guarentee 10 pips a day. The thing about the markets is that for every winner there has to e a loser so a perfect system can never happen. What the system does give you is information which coupled with experience of the market you are entering into gives you an edge.

I donā€™t trade every day and often only make 1 trade a day. You also have to keep an eye on any news that might affect your market as even if your system says trade some news can send the market haywire. I would seriously spend your time learnng your market rather than searching for the so called holly grail.

The 3 ducks has just made me think much more about the trades I am entering into and even though it is working now as the author says it can still have losing runs. The only thing that can help with these is good stop losses and market experience.

A system can often give you an indicator of when to enter a trade but you miht have to look at other factors such as support points to know when to exit the trade.

Sometimes the market looks too bloomin good to us trend traders and gives us too much choice!!

But Duck Hunters hereā€™s a quick heads-up for next week ā€¦

A nice little earner, Eur.Gbp has a nice down trend and is certainly a pair that will make it on to my shortlist to trade next week.

Yep I hear ya, it has a small daily pip variation figure of around 45 pips but it can be a nice little earner when our Ducks line up.

A stop-loss above hourly resistance or a fixed 20 pip stop-loss and a 30 pip take profit (1 to 1.5 risk v reward) could be a good approach if our ducks line up for a sell on this pair next week.

Enjoy the weekend,

Andy
Captain Currency

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use or reliance on such information.

thanksā€¦

looking at pair we see that buying pressure is increasing

but the good thing is that since we are working on a smaller time frame

thereĀ“s a good opportunity to make some profit.

Thanks Andy!
IĀ“m thinkin about taking the 101 Course you are offering, but iĀ“ll contact you in Person when iĀ“m ready for it.

Appreciate your style of trading, keep up the good work!

Good evening all :slight_smile:

I wanted to share a Trade I took today using this set of rules. It was the GBP/USD.

Took it short just about the 1.60 level and traded it down to 1.5972.

It was a risky one given the huge round number but I have a bearish bias on the pound at the moment.

Have a nice evening,

Padraic :slight_smile:

Sounds like a winning trade! Hopefully you can catch a few more.

[B]Andy
Captain Currency[/B]

Greetings Duck Hunters,

A decent couple of bullish days this week for the British Pound sees the 4hr trend on the up.

Trade idea, Gbp.Usd could be well worth a punt next week if our Ducks line up for a buy targeting the 1.6200 area and above.

Stops-losses could be placed below hourly support or if youā€™re a bit more aggressive below 5 min support.

On the flip side, all bullish interest would be gone for me if we do get a break and hold below that 1.5990 area next week.

Hope you can catch a winner or two next week,

Andy
Captain Currency

PS
No doubt any decent upward price movement on Gbp.Usd next week (US Dollar weakness) will have a similar effect on Eur.Usd so this too could be a decent pair to keep on your shortlist to trade for the trading week ahead.

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use or reliance on such information.

Thank you Captain for the ebook.

Youā€™re welcome Fiza, glad you got it ok.

[B]Andy
Captain Currency[/B]

A quiet market this week ā€¦ I joke !!

Actually a very interesting week in the market on most of the pairs and its always reassuring to see price put itā€™s head down and pump lower like we seen on Aud.Usd or even pump higher like we just seen this week on the Yen pairs.

After a slow start to the week Gbp.Usd did manage to get itself up to that 1.6200 area we spoke about in last weeks post

Aud.Usd got the teacher pet award this week after Wed, Thur and Fri all seen price dive lower back in the direction of the main 4 hour down trend, just what us 3 Ducks Trend Traders love to see.

Next week (25 ā€“ 29 Nov) Iā€™d still fancy having the Aud.Usd on my shortlist to trade and would favor the selling set-ups if our Ducks line up.

Good trading to you for the week ahead Duck Hunters,

Andy
Captain Currency.

Ok fess up, whoā€™s the clever trend traders that are long Eur.Jpy?

Did you take a position on any of the Yen pairs today?

Andy
Captain Currency

Hi there guys!
I`ll start following this thread more closely again!

Captain Currency, I got a question:
My work doesnt always allow me to be looking at the charts during the day. Can your method work with a end-of-the-day-analisys aproach? Could you explain how it can or cannot?

Thank you!

Captain Andy,

I WIN this weekā€™s dumb A$$ award. :17:

Last night about 00:30 GMT (19:30 ET) I opened my charts and planned my trades for the London open. The USD/JPY EUR/JPY & GBP/JYP pairs grab my attention. I even set the little MT4 price alarm thingie on those pairs at the price levels Iā€™d be looking for as London came alive.

A few hours later around 03:00 GMT (22:00 ET) the alarm thingies start going off. Now I donā€™t have much faith in entry signals during the Asian session so I shut the alarm thingies off, did nothing, went to sleep until 07:00 GMT (02:00 ET), missing the awesome EUR/JPY & GBP/JPY break out.

This morning I did get long USD/JPY @ 101.70 so I donā€™t feel like a complete failure. But actually itā€™s been a good week for the ducks, yesterday I was lucky and grabbed some quick pips on aussie weakness off EUR/AUD & GBP/AUD!

Howdy D-Pip, maybe Iā€™ll call you Sleepy-Pip from now on ā€¦

Well done on your Usd.Jpy trade today and selling the Aussie Dollar yesterday, thatā€™s a tidy bit of 3 Ducks trading there Buddy!

Chat soon,
[B]
Andy
Captain Currency[/B]

Iā€™ve been following most of the posts but I havenā€™t gone through all 133 pages yet so I hope my question hasnā€™t already been answered.

Do you take the trade if all 3 ducks line up but the 5m chart shows a countertrend? Say 4h and 1h charts trend up and 5m trends down but crosses the 60sma? Iā€™ve been seeing opportunities like these but I just see the PA bounce off the opposite trend channel on the 5m.