The 3 Duck's Trading System

You’re doing great Carnino, I’m humbled by your actions and the actions of all the other great trading folk on this thread that help out, answer questions and give guidance, please keep it up!!
[B]
Andy
Captain Currency[/B]

Howdy David,

10 outta 10 for getting the direction correct on Gbp.Usd, a nice strong move up, just what your Ducks love!

Aim to finish this week in the money.

[B]Andy
Captain Currency[/B]

Ahoy Duck Hunters,

Scratching my head here … technically the Ducks favor longs on Eur.Usd, current price is above the sma on the 4hr chart. But this auld sea dog would love to see Eur.Usd taking a run south again, back down to the 1.3500 / 1.3475 area over the next few sessions.

First we’d need to get price below the 1.3560ish area and back below the 4hr sma before us Duck Hunters could think about going short.

Hopefully you can catch a winner!

Andy
Captain Currency

14-Feb-13
Re: [B][I]My First Week as a Duck Hunter[/I][/B]

I spent most of this week going through CC’s videos on his Youtube Channel as well as the Free Ebook and I feel I have fairly decent grasp of the material at this point.

On Tuesday Morning I noticed that the Aud.Usd was showing a nice bullish trend, I elected to place a pending order pursuant to the 3 Ducks Method.

My Order was hit when the ducks lined up at the high I had identified for entry, however, price reversed and I ended up getting stopped out for -20 pips or 2% of my account.

I reassessed the market Wednesday Morning and I still liked the Aud.Usd and I decided to set another pending order if Price Broke the high I identified.

I ended up cancelling the order as it was not triggered.

I decided to “sit on my arse” today as I didn’t see anything stand out.

Overall I am happy with my trading this week, I did not let emotion get involved and I feel my entry point identification was very logical, just didn’t happen to work out.

Looking forward to next week!

I’m well impressed and sounds like a bit of discipline was added too for good measure!

[B]Andy
Captain Currency[/B]

Greetings Duck Hunters,

For the week ahead, (17 - 21 Feb) it looks like our Ducks would favor:

buying set-ups on these major pairs:
Eur.Usd (price above 4hr sma)
Gbp.Usd (price above 4hr sma) see chart below.
Aud.Usd (price above 4hr sma)

selling set-ups on these major pairs:
Usd.Chf (price below 4hr sma)
Usd.Cad (price below 4hr sma)
Usd.Jpy (price below 4hr sma)

buying set-ups on these cross pairs:

Eur.Jpy (price above 4hr sma)

selling set-ups on these cross pairs:
Eur.Gbp (price below 4hr sma)

Good trading to you for the week ahead and hopefully you can bag a winner or two,

Andy
Captain Currency

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use or reliance on such information.

Hi all you Duck hunters.

I have attached a MT4 3 Ducks indicator for use on the 5 min chart only. It displays a 60 period SMA moving average that changes colour when all 3 Ducks are aligned, up or down compared to their last period.

Blue and and all 3 Ducks, 5min, 1H and 4H are up. Red and all 3 Ducks are down. White and the 3 Ducks do not align.

Also the indicator will draw a 1 standard deviation Bollinger band on the chart which you may find useful to enter long or short. To enable the Bollinger band edit the indicator property Bollinger, from false to true. The colours and 60 period can also be changed under edit.

Note: The 1 and 4 hour moving average positions are calculated as a multiple of the 5 min chart timeframe and won’t work correctly on a different timeframe.

Happy Duck hunting, Trader9.

Nice work Trader. I’ll take a peek, thanks. D

[B]3 Ducks Trading Method Update[/B]

Great start to the week! +2.7% on my account and I am officially in the black with this method as my one triggered 3D trade last week did not work out.

I did an early morning market analysis and liked the way the Eur.Usd was lining up if Price Broke above the high I identified.

I ended up smoking through my TP on the pending order I had set with no stress!!

Quack Quack :wink:

Many thanks Trader009 for the indicator, but I have been trying it and it`s always showing me the “DucksFlat” color… I have now 610 version… and I don’t know if the rest of people have the same problem…

Very nice trading, I wounder how much more was in that trade beyond your TP?

Bit of a pullback on Eur.Usd today, no doubt your 2nd Duck is already letting you know about this as it looks like price is currently not confirming on the 1hr chart (see chart below).

Safe trading for the rest of the week,

Andy
Captain Currency

Andy,

I had set a 20pip stop loss and a 30 pip TP, it looked like it did pump through a little farther, but I was happy with my trade.

Today not so much, Ducks lined up nicely on the Usd.Chf and my pending order got entered, same 20 pip SL & 30 pip TP, got about 15pips from my TP but Price crashed back and faked me out.

On to the next one!

Hi jjventural

Thank you for the feedback.

What I see today 20-02-2014 at 09:00 GMT is.
EURUSD White, Blue White.
USDCHF White, Red, White.
USDCAD White, Blue, White, Blue, White, Blue etc.
USDJPY Blue, White.
GBPUSD White.
AUDUSD White, Red, White.

I was wondering if I had made it too sensitive, as it compares the current SMA value to the previous value which is only 5min ago.

So I have added an external shift variable that you can edit. I tried 12 which is the current value compared to 1 hour ago. It did make the colour change more positive but no real change in the overall colour.

I then added 720 and a 2880 SMA as these replicate the 1 hour and 4 hour SMA’s on a 5 min chart and I agree with the indicators results. So I can’t see a problem.

I have added the new indicator with the shift variable. I did not understand your reference to 610 version?

Regards, Trader9.

Thanks again Trader9…

There must something wrong with my metatrader platform. Since it was updated to 610 version, I am having problems with some indicators. I have been also trying your v2 indicator but I still have the same problem, I can only see the “DucksFlat” color, even moving back in the charts… I don’t know why…

Check with the tech forum here and on FF - I read where some went back to a previous build, I don’t know how to do that but maybe you can read their comments and do likewise. Hope that helps, d

Many thanks dobro, I’ll have a look to see what can I do…

Personally, I prefer the separate charts so will not be using “Trader009’s” Indicator, but I was curious and tried it out anyway.

It is working just fine on build 604 and 610 with no problem what so ever, even the Bollinger bands. So the problem is neither the Indicator nor the latest builds.

However, something could have gone wrong during the update on your PC, so I suggest uninstalling MetaTrader and making a clean installation again.

Just remember to make a backup copy first, just in case you need anything from the previous installation. Also remember that the newer builds store everything in new and different folders, so back those up too.

Thanks for your help Carnino. I have already done a reinstallation but the problem persist. I must be a conflict somewhere that I can’t solve for the moment… thanks…

I’m with Carnino, I also prefer viewing and studying the separate charts. [B]Not only do I prefer it, but also I know it’s an essential element of trading this method.[/B]

And… :56: if you’re too lazy to put in the effort to toggle between the 4-hour, 1-hour and 5-minute charts, I doubt you’ll have the energy and persistence necessary to even come close to succeeding in this business.

If you’re just looking at the moving averages on the 5-minute and not viewing and studying the 4 & 1-hour charts, you’re really doing yourself a disservice and IMO wasting your time.

The 3-ducks is a multi-time-frame approach, not a 5-minute with three-moving-averages method, there’s a HUGE difference between the two.

The multi-time-frame, AKA triple screen approach, is an old and classic method, as early as the 1890’s Charles Dow talked about the concept in his “Dow Theory” articles.

If you get a chance google around a bit for Alexander Elder and Triple Screen trading, he has also written a lot on the concept.

IMO one of the most valuable benefits of this thread is, once you have a working knowledge of the multi-time-frame / triple screen concepts presented here, you then can go on and use this multi-time-frame style of trading with whatever time frame fits your schedule. And whatever type of tech analysis floats your boat.

Here’s an example of how our buddy o990l6mh applied some of the 3-ducks concepts using time frames that fit his work, social and personal schedule.

link to o990l6mh’s 301 Moved Permanently thread

So don’t be a lazy duck, toggle between those 3 time frames and pay attention to what they’re telling you about the market. :wink:

[QUOTE=d-pip;605093]I’m with Carnino, I also prefer viewing and studying the separate charts. [B]Not only do I prefer it, but also I know it’s an essential element of trading this method.[/B]

A good lesson to learn, thank you dpip