The 3 Duck's Trading System

Hi Andy,

I also have just finished reading the thread. I like the way you are trading. Many thanks for sharing with us. Three days ago I requested the e-book, could you please have a look, if the request has been arrived? I already looked in my spam folder, there is also no e-mail, today I have sent a second request, to be sure :slight_smile:

Many thanks and regards,
Peter

Cheers Tyrone,

Gotta give the praise to all the fab members on this thread who for donkey years have been patient with answering questions and delivering their trading wisdom on those new to the 3 Ducks approach. Some very patient ‘n’ wise traders on this thread!

Feel free to input into this thread Tyrone.

Howdy Peter,

Sounds like you’re lost Buddy … hopefully you’ve got sorted by now, if not … to get your free eBook simply pop over to the Captain Currency blog, fill in the form and the eBook will be blasted over to your inbox straight away.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend,

[B]Andy
Captain Currency[/B]

Due to working full time, I cant trade this system, but I may look at back testing this system with Monthly, Weekly & daily as the 3 ducks. Im already back testing something similar using 20sma on 2 time frames to catch higher time frame momentum trades. Early days with the testing. Much more work to do before drawing any conclusions.
The one thing I do agree with is multiple time frame analysis for trend following. The 3 ducks strategy has all this in a mechanical way.
All the best
Tyrone

Hi Andy,

the e-book is in my inbasket now :slight_smile:
Thank you.

Enjoy the weekend, too.

Regards,
Peter

Howdy Peter,

Sounds like you’re lost Buddy … hopefully you’ve got sorted by now, if not … to get your free eBook simply pop over to the Captain Currency blog, fill in the form and the eBook will be blasted over to your inbox straight away.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend,

[B]Andy
Captain Currency[/B][/QUOTE]

Hello everyone, this is my first post on Babypips.

Has anyone else adapted the 3 ducks strategy to using a parabolic SAR rather than using an MA?

I use parabolic SAR (0.08, 0.02, 0.1) on 4H, 1H and 5M and it looks promising. When the SAR on 4H and 1H are the same and there is a change in SAR on 5M matching the higher time frames I enter a trade, stop loss always 10 pips, TP always 20 pips.

Sounds like you are following the same multi-time frame strategy, just with a a bit of a tweak. If it works for you then keep at it.

Lots of consolidation out there after last weeks big moves, guess it’s time to work on that patience part of the system.

excuse me but i only find two parameters on PSAR indicator on MT4

could you help me out please?

Sailormoon,

I believe your settings should be 0.02 for ‘step’ and 0.2 for ‘Maximum.’ I use prorealtime and their platform also has a ‘min acceleration’ setting.

Please note I am now using 45 degree Gann lines from swing high and lows to determine trend rather than Parabolic SAR to get more clearer movements.

Whilst it’s a smart choice to observe & trade the market via a multi-timeframe structure & industrious of you to experiment with additional price aids, this isn’t the thread for discussing those additional options.

The thread starter (& various other thread contributors) have repeatedly requested that this particular thread remain on topic & loyal to the original format.
If you wish to add or incorporate anything other than the basic moving average trend assistors explained on page 1, could you please take these discussions to another thread & keep this one on-topic.

Hear hear!

For those wishing to dismantle, tinker or meddle with this little gem, here’s an appropriate location 301 Moved Permanently
You can make as much noise & as much mess as you like in there & no-one will bat an eyelid because that’s all its good for.

Looks like a great system…will go for it

I’m about to learn and use the 3 ducks. I have a question: Is it necessary to use New York Close chart for this system?

Does it reference New York close charts are a requirement within the guidelines presented in the first post of page 1?
Everything needed to set up your template charts are explained in that post. If it isn’t mentioned it isn’t required.

hello Captain Just a quick question:

would you consider in making a special price for your advanced course without 1 to 1 mentoring?

looking forward to hear from you.

Just blasted you a message Vicentis.
[B]
Andy
captain Currency[/B]

Quick question…How long does it take to get the 3 Ducks trading System ebook via email? It’s been about 10+ minutes since I submitted. Yeah, I know, I’m a big impatient. :54:

Sounds like you’re in a big hurry Pipfxn lol … hopefully you’ve got sorted by now, if not … to get your free eBook simply pop over to the Captain Currency blog, fill in the form and the eBook will be blasted over to your inbox [U]straight away[/U].

Just make sure you’ve submitted your correct email address, otherwise it will be blasted off elsewhere …

Chat soon,

[B]Andy
Captain Currency[/B]

Hey again Pipfxn, thanks for letting me know. Seems like the landing page company I use have decided to do a bit of maintenance … hopefully it will be back up and running soon, sorry about that Buddy!

[B]Andy
Captain Currency[/B]

Next week is the last full trading week of March, if you’re in the money maybe box clever and reduce your risk per trade/day during this last week, always try and end the month in the money.

No psychological sucker punches please! If you normally risk 2%, risk 1% instead, don’t let the market take back your profits (they belong to you now) during this last week or last round as I like to call it.

The week ahead 24th - 29th of March could be an interesting week to see if Gbp.Usd can continue to go south, hopefully you’ll be able to bag 1 or 2 nice winning trades if our Ducks line up.

Let me know if a video update would be useful, give us a thumbs up if you’d like me to post a short video next week to see which pairs our Ducks would favor buying or selling.

Have a great weekend Duck Hunters,

Andy
Captain Currency