The 5min Cross

for short trades, or selling, you draw the fibs from top to bottom, so 100 at top an 0 at bottem.

for long trades, draw the fibs from bottom to top, 100 at bottom and 0 at top

take a look at the last post on that chart, that was a short trade

well i think ive covered a lot of examples, and covered most scenerios. only if you guys want i can continue to forward test this system and see how it goes,
to see if we can make 100 pips at any given time for the week, if there is no interest then ill stop

thanks for clarifying it. I have been doing the opposite and still had success…maybe it works both ways? :confused:

it would be nice if you can continue posting, maybe just trades that makes 80+ pips?

the 50% mark will work both ways but the other levels will be different. it would be nice if every trade made 80+ pips, thats where you need to go to a larger time frame, but this is a 5 min system and there will be more trades with smaller targets, thats just how it is, but doesnt mean its not possible to make 50+ pips with it:)

ok maybe that’s why it worked for me. yea its pretty hard to make 80 pips in one trade and i’m not a greedy person so 50 pips are good enough for me :smiley: are you using this system on a live account?

yes i am with a small account, im doing ok with it, this is still a new system, and we will see if it can hold up. the thing is that there are many variables, what i mean is that the market is ever changing and you need to adjust with it, and sometimes you get screwed by 1 or 2 pips but thats trading.

this chart is current and i want to show you shouldnt jump in every trade, everything looks good, it hit 38%+ on the fibbs, the lines seperated enough, but it missed the entry by 1 pip so no trade, also look where the red line is, price bounce off of 141.75 right to the pip, so a re entry to the blue line seems risky now to go short, might just have to wait for the next cross

something else i just figured out, if the blue line is closer to the 50% fibb than the 38% then wait for pirce to hit 50%, if blue line is closer to 38% fibb than the 50% then its ok to enter at 38% and blue line, this helps filter out some bad trades, like in this chart the blue line is closer to 50%, so wait for price to hit 50% and then enter once it hits blue line, it never did so this would not be a trade

thanks, i will keep that in mind

in all honesty i think im liking the larger time frames more and more, this method can work, but in the end a system is a system, and the market will find its way around ANY system, including everyone here on babypips, most of these so called systems dont work on here in the long run, not bashing anyone, i admit this was a tough week even for my method, it requires too much time for me, and is tedious, it is a nice pattern however, and i believe it will repeat itself in the future, i just havent been able to filter out the bad trades good enough, with that said, scalpers and short term traders still may find interest in this, im gonna focus on the 1hour to daily time frames from now on

starting this week, yesterday which was sunday, there were some great trades, take a look at the charts, more than once you can make 100 pips following the red line rule, i personally didnt take them as im trying to switch to longer time frames, but this method still took you into the positive even after lasts week somewhat poor performance. honestly havent seen a better 5 min method on here myself,

trade 1 2 and 3 with red arrows were on sunday, and each one made 50+ pips easy, each one with 25 pip stop loss.

and now after lines crossed up lets see what happened, green arrows show trade one hit 50+ and trade 2 is most current, it hit 30 pips so far.

i see someone voted for the horse sh*t, lol, o well thats why i put it there, lets see if you have a better 5 min method my friend, or do you even make any money trading. could of been done for the week as it was very possible to make 200 pips in less than 2 days. how greedy do you want to be? your call.

third chart shows what it looks like on the hourly chart, i have not moved the arrows one bit, as you can see we are following the hourly trend.

im gonna continue where i left off last post on the trades this week, that very last long trade didnt hit 50pips but it did hit 30 so good trade

ok here is the next trade, chart #1, this is the 28th, entry was at 141.17, following the red line rule went down as low as 139, so 50+ easy pips.

next trade chart#2, you can see the red line still at 139, this is the second bounce off the blue line, which if you took it, the yellow line is +30 pips, 50 was not reached, Good trade,

next trade chart#3 this chart shows how i drew fibbs on 15min chart, remember price must hit 38% first before we enter on blue line, now the 4th chart shows it on the 5 min chart, red arrow is entry, yellow line is stop loss, it sank and hit 38%, we enter when it pull back to blue line.

ok i hade to post 5th chart to show where the trade went, scrolled to the right a bit, green line is 50 pips, yellow line is stop loss, once it hit 50 pips it exploded up, so, you can take that or follow the red line rule and make 100+. the entry was 140.90

lets see, thats over 200pips for this week for sure, ill post next trade on next post

next trade, chart#1, red arrow shows how it missed the 38% by a pip or 2, so no trade, even though it was good.

next trade chart#2, recently i made a new rule a few posts back, if the blue line is closer to 50% than 38%, then wait for price to hit 50%, then enter on blue line, yellow arrow shows price hitting 50%, BUT never came back to the blue line for an entry, no trade, saved by 2 pips, sometimes we get screwed, and sometimes its a save, also this is the 3rd bounce off blue line, first 2 are safest.

next trade chart#3, lines didnt seperate enough, and price hit 38% and nver hit blue line after, it just kept going up, definetly no trade.

next trade chart#4, first yellow arrow shows price missing entry by a pip lol, second yellow arrow show price never reached 38%, oh well this happens, some go on to be good some dont. no trades

alright getting closer to current price, this one was a loss, line was closer to 38%, so enter at blue line, stop loss hit yellow line -25pips

chart1#, lines didnt seperate very good, but ill count it as a loss, yellow line stop loss

chart#2. line closer to 38%, ok to enter, yellow line is stop loss, price went 100 pips easy,

chart#3, 2 bounces after that nice 100pip gain, im getting lazy, both made 30+ so whatever.

chart#4, line closer to 50%, never hit blue line after it hit 50%, no trade, im drawing the fibbs consistantly on 5min chart, so… ya

chart#5, latest trade finally, um this one hit 50%, and its hard to see on 5 min chart, but it never hit blue line after it hit 50%, missed by 1 pip, so if you entered there stop loss was taken out by 5 pips, then you could of re entered after you got stopped out, or you enter at yellow arrow when price comes back to blue line, this ones tricky depends how u played, it.

chart#1 this is the second bounce, target for 30 pips never reached stop loss hit on red line -25 pips

chart#2, lines didnt seperate much, 38% never hit no trade.

chart#3, 50% fibb way above blue line, RISKY, price falling hard in 15 min, sign of weakness, NO trade

chart#4 lines not seperated very good, chart 5 shows stong up trend on 1 hour chart, why go short?

chart#1, yellow arrow shows where the 38% fibb is, price hit 38% and came back to blue line, entry at red arrow, trade is more risky stop loss would be 50 pips instead of 25 if trade taken, adjust lot size accordingly. red line shows the 50 pip mark from entry

thats all the trades from sunday 26th to friday this week. i probably wont do this again, but this was a typical week, maybe a little better than average, 100 clean pips could of been made any given time this week, i consider that good for trading off the 5 min chart.