The advantages and disadvantages of Forex Trading

as you keep urself cool u can make a decent extra income and if ur good (and lucky) enough u can make it a main one

Each and every business has its own advantages and disadvantages, but certainly the advantages once achieved in the right way out weighs the disadvantages of the forex trading business because of the total financial freedom which the traders achieve.

Yes, youā€™re right. Every business has its own advantages and disadvantages so people who want to run certain business, they should know good and bad point about the business. In forex, the advantages are flexible in time, place and capital for trading because you can trade anytime when you had time and anywhere as long as you had internet connection (itā€™s possible to become part-time trader). Itā€™s possible to start with low amount of capital too currently, as low as $10 deposit in your capital.

And about its disadvantage is the risk in every transaction no matter how good your analysis is. In forex, you will face risk of loss in each transaction because no one can make sure what will happen in the future so you should prepare yourself to accept the risk in this business.

Yes the advantages of forex trading are high potential to make total financial freedom . and personally the disadvantages of forex trading for me is i am rarely to be sociality person with my neighbour cause frequently i can sit in front of chart till many hours in long of day

The forex market has no restrictions for directional trading. This means, if you think a currency pair is going to increase in value; you can buy it, or go long. Similarly, if you think it could decrease in value you can sell it, or go short.

Forex is the largest market dealing in real time exchange. It is popular on account of its huge volume, high liquidity, more numbers of buyers and sellers. Some of it advantages and disadvantages are as follows-
ADVANTAGES

1. Profitability- Through this, investors can earn great profits by buying one currency and selling in the real time. In Forex Market, Investors can make profits in rising as well as in falling prices.
  2. 24 hrs- Forex gives the facility of 24 hrs to investors to trade at any time and at any day, convenient to them.
  3. Leverage- an investor can start trading with a less amount of money. This creates a huge profit potential.
  4. Liquidity- It involves trillions of money that has created liquidity in the market. High liquidity leads to lower spread, resulting in high profits for investors
    DISADVANTAGES
  5. Volatility- Forex trading is based on foreign currencies which are subject to great level of volatility that may either give profits or losses to investors.
  6. Proper knowledge- Forex trading would be beneficial only if investor has proper knowledge, otherwise he would land up incurring huge losses.

The one thing that is both an advantage and a disadvantage in FX is ā€œLEVERAGEā€!

No doubt about it forex leverage is double edged sword and it is dependent upon the trader to use it for their advantage or disadvantage.

Forex is an open market and it has many advantages making it open to everyone who wish to trade. As easy as it seems one need to work hard in order to achieve success. It is risky and as such it is always easy to quickly lose money.

It is right that forex is open market for everyone who want to take part into the business so itā€™s possible for all people to trade but in reality, itā€™s not easy to trade well in forex market. Many people who lost many dollars in trading too when they didnā€™t have enough knowledge and experience how to trade well and traders need to have good preparation in money management to prevent big loss which can happen in single transaction when you made mistake in analysis. So, forex is not easy quickly to lose money when you have proper trading plan.

For me as retail trader and poor in capital , the leverage is advantage of forex trading . i can trade just in low amount of profit even just smaller than $50, despite there are disadvantages from it , but i need leverage for increase the margin in my balance

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

We many time discuss about advantages of forex now I share some disadvantages
It is highly risky business
Market is not certain where we get sure profits.
Need a lot of time to understand and do profitable trading. Mostly traders loose money here .
Low capital not gives good return to traders.

It is true that there are many advantages of trading in the Forex markets and we come to know about them when we start trading and earning a good income from this business :slight_smile:

Every business has its risks.
Forex is not worse and not better than the others.
To open a restaurant is risky - you may will not have visitors, or not enough visitors or so many, that your competitor will burn it:D
To open a shoe shop is risky - whimsical women might not like those shoes what you sell, or you will accidentally will find a huge shopping center just round the cornerā€¦
Whatever you choose - is risky. Just donā€™t hesitate to take all the risks and a profit will not wait to come to you;)

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Well, some prefer not really learn, but just to say ā€œforex is a scamā€:28:

In my opinion it is business like any other. Big advantage against standard business is you can not talk with customers, with other people, you can not solve a lot of other problems.It is very easy for decesion making (50:50) but it is difficult to psychology.

In my opinion people are set up this way. Work good and you make money, but in the markets you can do everything right and you can loose also. And you can loosing for a long time (i mean bad period for system). And this is the biggest problem for a lot of people. It is in a nature of peopleā€¦ And after some series of loosing trades they start to ask themself. Is this system good?..hmm probably not, I am trying some different strategy and they are in big trouble.

It is really a big psychology game and you can find a lot of system out there. But if you do not have good psychology for the system you can not make money in long term with any working strategy. So these are disadvantages in my view.

And advantages? I think everybody knows.

GL to all :slight_smile:

I forgottā€¦ Big disadvantage of forex. There are a lot of scams in this business and people spend money for these shiā€¦

Do you mean crappy EAs sellers?