The best cities in the world

clearly vienna, but there are some cul cities in america, i have to agree

Here is the latest [B]Global Financial Centres Index[/B] (this one is GFCI-15, released this month) from [B]Z/Yen,[/B] the London think-tank that rates and ranks the best cities in the world, based on the recommendations of hundreds of financial industry professionals.

For a brief description of the Z/Yen Index, what it measures, and how it does it, scroll back to post #1 on this thread, where GFCI-9 (released in March 2011) was discussed and linked to.

In the 3 years between GFCI-9 (in 2011) and GFCI-15 (in 2014), the rankings have undergone some major changes. Looking just at the Top 20 financial centers (cities) listed, we see:

[B]1.[/B] The top 4 in 2011 (London, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore) are still the top 4 now, with New York and London changing places, but virtually tied for the #1 spot.

[B]2.[/B] Below #4 in the rankings, things have been shaken up.

[B]3.[/B] Shanghai, previously #5, has fallen to #20.

[B]4.[/B] Sydney, previously tied with Toronto at #10, has fallen out of the top 20, altogether.

[B]5.[/B] Geneva is holding steady in the #9 spot.

[B]6.[/B] Zurich has moved up (from #8 to #5), Seoul has risen (from #16 to #7), and Boston has risen (from #12 to #8).

[B]7.[/B] Washington D.C. and Frankfurt have advanced slightly, while Chicago, Toronto, and Shenzhen have lost ground.

[B]8.[/B] Montreal (previously not in the top 20) has risen to #16, and Vienna (previously not in the top 20) has risen to #19.

[B]9.[/B] Taipei (previously #19) and Paris (previously #20) have slipped out of the Top 20.

Here are the current Top 20 —

And here is a link to the GFCI-15 .pdf —http://www.longfinance.net/images/GFCI15_15March2014.pdf

Scroll to pages 5 and 6 for the complete list of financial centers, ranked from #1 to #83.

Zurich in Switzerland as you can open a [B]swiss bank account[/B] online easily.

Interesting, will have to visit and check out these places.

I love NYC and I will probably end up in Manhattan for at least a few years after I go full time. The taxes are ridiculous though.

[QUOTE=“jadd806;623632”]I love NYC and I will probably end up in Manhattan for at least a few years after I go full time. The taxes are ridiculous though.[/QUOTE]

Taxes??

The rent is the ridiculous part!

Got to be Auckland ,lovely city lovely people

If you work in the financial services industry, London rules.

London Dominates Global Preference for Finance and Banking Jobs - Forex Magnates

Excerpt:

“2014 has been a positive year for the UK as net migration of FXC and CFD trading firms has bolstered the wider sector. Recently, leading Cypriot firm, IronFX, announced its new mega London office. Furthermore, another Cypriot origin-firm, Liquid Markets, diverted its whole operation into the capital. A similar trend is seen as Japanese powerhouses find abode in the UK, GulliverFX and GMO Click were the latest Japanese firms to set up London operations.”

My favorite city in the world is Istanbul. Awesome place to visit, although I am not sure that i would want to live there.

I have traveled to Norway recently. I like this country and its cities.

I’m not really an outgoing person, from that list I’ve just visited Paris, it’s goodk but not great.

The 25 most livable cities in the world
according to [I][B]Monocle[/B][/I] magazine’s 2015 Quality of Life Survey

25 most livable cities of 2015

1. Tokyo, Japan
  2. Vienna, Austria
  3. Berlin, Germany
  4. Melbourne, Australia
  5. Sydney, Australia
  6. Stockholm, Sweden
  7. Vancouver, Canada
  8. Helsinki, Finland
  9. Munich, Germany
  10. Zurich, Switzerland
  11. Copenhagen, Denmark (Zurich and Copenhagen are tied for 10th place)
  12. Fukuoka, Japan — pictured above
  13. Singapore — pictured below
  14. Kyoto, Japan
  15. Paris, France
  16. Madrid, Spain
  17. Auckland, New Zealand
  18. Lisbon, Portugal
  19. Hong Kong
  20. Amsterdam, The Netherlands
  21. Hamburg, Germany
  22. Geneva, Switzerland
  23. Oslo, Norway
  24. Barcelona, Spain
  25. Portland, Oregon, USA

Seoul in South Korea seems to be the best for me though the health situation there is not good at the moment.