The best indicator!

Anyone who wants to become steadily profitable.

The other people all make up the statistics by becoming part of the 97% who don’t, and eventually drop out, and there’s a huge turnover of them in the markets.

1 Like

Price action pure and simple. Learn this and lagging indicators can stay in the box. Best time for this is 4.30am GYM ready for Frankfurt and London opens. Majority of days you will be done by 10am GYM.

Care to explain how it works in simple form

Wish you could explain this via a video

1 Like

That’s not a bad idea actually!

The Pieman always says to Simple_Simon “its never a good idea to give your personal contact details on a public internet site…”

Thanks now I know…how will I get the video thou

Leading indicators are also called Oscillators. These are the Forex technical indicators which give you an entry/exit signal before the actual occurrence of the respective event.

This alleged distinction is pure fiction.

It’s totally wrong and has absolutely no underlying basis at all.

2 Likes

No criticism intended, BK, but it’s one of those things one sometimes sees which is honestly so mistaken and weird that it’s almost comical.

I’m guessing that you saw someone else saying it in a forum and just decided to believe it because the person sounded like someone who knew something?

That’s often how these deeply misguided ideas get passed on!

Displaying indicators in the form of oscillators below the chart doesn’t give them any “less lagging” or “more predictive” powers than any other kind of indicator.

Displaying the information that goes into producing an “Awesome Oscillator”, for example, in its normal AO form doesn’t make it any less lagging or more predictive than it would be by displaying the same moving-average-based information on the chart itself. The same is true of MACD’s and loads of others. It’s just a convenient way to display it, reducing the information mathematically to something that ranges from -1.0 up to +1.0, or from -100% up to 100% (or whatever format is used), so that you don’t have to gauge by eye the distance between lines and see whether they’re converging/diverging or whatever, and clutter up your price chart panel with the same information.

If you think about it for a minute, you’ll surely see that this is self-evident? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, Lukas - you’ve said it much more clearly than I managed.

The point to understand is that whether it’s an “oscillator” or an “on-chart indicator” affects only how and where it’s displayed, not the historical price-information from which it’s constructed, so there couldn’t possibly be any logic behind the contention that oscillators are somehow “less lagging” than on-chart indicators.

Hi! ok… in very simple words it works like this: when the green line is above the two others, it is an upward trend. When the blue line is above - it is a downward trend.
I use it for some time so even don’t need to watch the lines, it’s like intuitively :slight_smile: I hope my explanation is understandable

I am also like with price action and candlestick pattern, this is simple way to analyze the trend market and usually will using candlestick ;pattern on daily timeframe and also H1 but look on weekly also to analyze major trend

1 Like

That’s pretty obscure even by your standards, Bearish. Honestly, you couldn’t make up some of the gibberish drivel that passes for “forum posts”, here.

1 Like

There is no such thing as “the best indicator”. There are a lot of indicators and a lot of strategies using different indicators, all of which can be profitable. What people pick depends on what they need, so “the best indicator” is a very subjective thing.
Not to mention that some people stick to pure price action altogether and don’t use indicators.

1 Like

The best indicators are the daily and weekly charts :wink:

Here I use EMA 21 and default sitting of RSI! In addition, I mainly use daily trading chart!

Yes, a daily and weekly chart works as a best indicator. But it not works continually. For that reason we have to depend on others on to calculate the market with certainly.

All we have specific trading indicators that we use to bring profit but there is no indicator which works 100%. How many pips you can earn by your trading indicators it competently depends on your money managing approach. So, try to ensure 100% money management approach.

Thank you very much. Very good and simple example. I can understand very easily.