The best way to stay consistent!

Hi SR Player

I like the information you are sharing. Just one question so far. Can you explain please exactly how you set the high and low ( you mention about candle wicks ) of the area where you think price will retrace to get you into the trade and set your stop loss.

Thanks

Hi Psalda

Those are really really tight stops and profits for my liking because even at the most powerful sr levels you will find that 10 pips is way too low…thats my opinion anyway…Best SR levels are always off W,D, H4…anything else you run the risk of smaller profits.

njokie, always experiment with ratios in order to figure out the most profitable strategy when it comes to risk vs reward…
It will take a while to gather together a number of trades you have taken in order to realize the best possible risk management equation for yourself, everyone differs…Have a couple hundred trades under your belt in order to maximize the best results.

Have faith in your trade, risk reward is in place…believe

I like it…pitty I missed it myself

Hey SR. Another one lol. The yellow Channel I made clearly looks like it would be a good SR but yet it’s passed by like nothing. What am I missing here?

Hi ninjatai

You can take those aswell, however the first part of the strategy has to involve a dynamic/impulsive move on significant timeframes, that’s the filtering tool to use to defining the direction…I will only take specific SR levels in the direction of the impulsive move…

hope this helps

Avoid small timeframes such as the 15min to find the SR levels, these must be constructed off Weekly, Daily and H4 charts…I sometimes post smaller timeframe charts so you guys can see the examples more clearly, however the SR levels are always off the higher timeframes mentioned…

Also remember, if you ask the question what went wrong here, then one assumes that the strategy will work every time, as we know guys this is not the case with trading, accept when you are right by maximizing your ratio profits, and accept when you lose by risking a small amount.

Thats a better eg off the H4 chart.

A bit difficult to see how much it went done first after re-testing, can you tell me how many pips that was? Being a H4 chart I assume it went done quite a few pips before reversing

Hi Jimmy36

I assume you are talking about the zone width…

Look at the chart I have attached, I will draw the top of the zone off the candle bodies and the lower zone from the low point in the wicks…Stop loss always above the zone

ninjatai

Look at the first candle that re-tested the zone, one candle prior to your arrow, it bounced off the zone nicely for great profit, you wont always get a new low, but you should get enough to make good profit…Only ever take first re-test, your arrow highlights second re-test…

I’m gonna be honest, I have no idea what that means. I mean, I see a dynamic move before your red bar. And if it were about 24 hours earlier before you took the red bar trade, you would see the SR from my arrows first right? it even looks like it was going to go down for 4 or 5 periods, only by waiting longer, would you have seen a large price increase up to your red bars. How did your instinct tell you to wait longer?

Thanks for answering these all so quickly. This eg was really only about 30 pips down from the way top of the bar. You mean to tell me you don’t consider this a loss?

Edit: By the way, I mean that I took a sell position at the arrow. Isn’t that what I was supposed to do?

Wow. You’re right! lol it made a good 72 pips-ish after bouncing after the first retest. But if I did take this sell position on the first retest, I would’ve set my profit much higher. 100+ pips. Would that have been a bad idea? I was looking at that giant high 20 bars before it.

hi ninjatai yes its kinda stalled after going some 40pips but i ant touching it just watching to see what will happen either it hits the tp or sl am trying to test the risk reward ration
g/u is doing fine after it went down yesterday it now up 70pips and am thinking surely could i be up some 70pips then it hits a sl lol this is where discipline comes in i also bought gbp/aud it went up some 60pips am still hanging in not touching any trade this strategy looks good but its calling for discipline

Nice. I understand what this thread’s teaching, but I can’t seem to find a good place to get in on a trade. I can’t decide. Nothing looks too good to me. I guess I’ve got a limited understanding of it right now though.

put on the trading wave indicator first and get to know the impulsive move check some posts back on how to use it that could help to start with

Hey SR. You shorted gold a while back. But it looks like There’s been multiple retests in your chart. What’s going on here?

Hi SR Player,

I just want to say that I really appreciate you posting this simple yet very effective method. I trade price action and always looking at adding new tools to my arsenal. I was intrigued and started to look at historical data on a 4hr chart. I first started looking at the cable (1 year of data) and results were spot on. I then did the same for the fiber and also very good results. There are maybe 2-3 trade opportunities a month based on the 4hr using 2 pairs but it suits me fine as it compliments my current trading well.

I suggest for others interested to back test as well. You will be pleasantly surprised how powerful this method really is.

Hi guys, in a Euro short today…1:3