The big Deal - from €365 to 1 million in 1 Year

First of all, im no native englisch speaker so dont mind my spelling mistakes.

After years of trading i understood one constat variable that is always true. If you dont know how to, you will not make any living, no matter if you have fundings of 300.000 or 300.

So over christmas i was looking through babypips forum, only out of one reason- i wanted to remember why i learned trading in the beginning so incredibly wrong years and years ago, and why i lost 400.000 in one year only.

After reading babypips a few days i rembered exactly why i started out so bad. the main reason was the trash you get teached in babypips. you may find out some averages oscilators and trading tactics that work for some people. but thats only 10% of a traders abilities he needs to be sucessfull.

The babypips school was usefull. When I say “you get teached trash by babypips” i dont mean babypips itself, as i think babypips is a great side and help to new people. I talk about people who post stuff, techniques and their knowledge which is simply wrong in so many cases. Missleading people who, yet, have not learned how to.

Now lets face some truths, wont we?

• Why are we all here? next to the jobs you have in your “REAL LIFE”, you spend hours and days on sites like babypips. Why? to have social contact with people? or because you saw someone in new york made a million on trading on the stock exchange? Forex, stocks, commodietes, no matter. You heard someone made some nice money somwhere with something that you dont understand. A average guy, no elite, no millionair from birth, a guy like yourself.

_ He made money? wow, i can too, what did he do? in media he says “it was so simpe its incredible!”

_ Ah i see, on new york stock exchange. lets goodle it “make money on stocks”
___Google results:
_____Maake money on forex
_____Tightest spreads on forex click here
_____Learn how to trade Forex

Hmmm… i tiped somthing about stocks but get forex. Hey whats forex?
Google: Forex Wikipdia
Read about forex

ah i see thats where everyone is going now, its like stocks but much easier as it seems and much more money to be made. Ah look, the forex market is ten times bigger then the stock market by money volume. hmm cool. Lets give it a try.

= You came here, because you want to make MONEY. You want to buy a Porsche Turbo. You want to buy a big fat house where your family says “hmm that ****er did it, he made it”. You want to earn big but work low. You want the SUCESS.

In todays world sucess is mostly defined by the ammount of money you have (not my personal definition of sucess, but it is the cultures prevailing definition so lets use it here).

Now lets start. Hmm babypips, nice, they teach you how to. Lets read, lets learn.

aha
hmm
ok
aha
AAHH genius!
uh a school! wow nice, im back to school yaayy :smiley:

hmm… whats a PIP? ah google ah ok PIP is the valuta for traders. they dont talk money, the only talk pips. hmm they collect pips. hehe maybe i shoud go to my car dealer and ask him if i can pay him off in pips - lol hes probably gonna think im offering him ***ual services…haha

So forex is not about making money its about making pips. ok i get it.

hmm… i made my elementary school. Lets see whats in forum…
hmm… i see
uuuh this guy has some magic
omg this guy has a great tactic

Lets try it.

Open account. Lose money.
Hmm… back to babypips.
school
Forum… hmm
i see, thats where i was wrong. - back to trading = lose money.

Hmm back to babypips.
Forum…
a bot. that guy is talking about automated trading. some sort of bot.
Google Bot:

WTF!!! %§$&%%… this "§%%$$ thing is waving. wtf is a bot? this doesnt hep me at all.

Hmm, i guess i have to find my own way. i already lost 10.000. But hey, if i can loose 10.000 in 2 weeks, then basicly thinking logical i can aswell earn 10000 in 2 weeks, cant i?!

Ok lets try it again but this time for serious. Serious business, really, hard work, lets take this seriously.

= lose money.

… ****
… ****

F-*-C-K

i lost 20.000 in one month.i guess theres more to it then i thought… ah on forums they say i should have funds of 100.000 to trade profitable. everything below that doesnt make much sense and no living.

On forums it all looks so easy, everyone is making money there. why cant i?

Ah that was my mistake, some “expert” on forum said i didnt dedicate enough money to it. Ok lets push some more in it.

100.000 on my brokers account.

HAHA great, i get it, now it is enough to do 1% a day only and i earn! its less risky with more money, as 1% of 100k gives you 1k a day. Ah thats why they said u need 100k!

With my 10k i wanted to do 1k a day, thats impossible, thats 10%. i failed because i hoped for unrealistic gains. 10% a day thats insane. 1% will make the deal.

Now lets start…

3 months later…

How am i supposed to pay my rent now…? god i suck so much. im such a damn looser. all the money my wife and i worked so hard for and saved over the last few years is gone.
i’m sht
i’m sh
t
i’m sht
i’m sh
t
i’m sh*t

i pray to god that wifey was hiding some money from me so we can at least pay for the daily expanses and the rent and the loans.

Is this familiar to anyone?

I know theres so much more to trading then the obvious.
I know that trading starts withing yourself first.
It starts with working on yourself hard. Peoples natural instincts tell you things that are pure damage dealers in trading, no matter if you trade stocks, forex, commodites or whatever.

I know there are things that are more important then chart technique or the news.
-And i KNOW, noone teaches you those things.

The experiment:

Over christmas i made up an experinment which will last a year. Can you make 1 million € out of €365.

I started it on 28th of december 2015, I opened a new isolated trading account which is not conected in any way to my main accounts and uploaded 365 Euros and started the “experiemt”.

These are the results of the first 10 days so far:

Copy of account balance at my broker:

___________________________________________Account#Ticket #P/L____Acc Balance
12/29/15 12:40 PMGuVGewinn/Verlust des Trades__2*********59******
-22,00__349,70
12/29/15 1:34 PMGuVGewinn/Verlust des Trades___2*********59******
-11,00__338,70
1/1/16 12:12 AMRolloverRollover Gebühr_________2*********59******
-4,53___334,17
1/1/16 12:12 AMRolloverRolloverGebühr_________2*********59******
-4,53___329,64
1/1/16 12:12 AMRolloverRollover Gebühr_________2*********59******
_-4,53___325,11
1/4/16 2:14 AM GuVGewinn/Verlust des Trades_____2*********___59******_____329,08__654,19
1/4/16 2:14 AM GuVGewinn/Verlust des Trades_____2*********___59******_____326,04__980,23
1/4/16 2:14 AM GuVGewinn/Verlust des Trades_____2*********___59******_____323,00__1.303,23
1/4/16 7:02 PM GuVGewinn/Verlust des Trades_____2*********___59******__463,35__1.766,58
1/4/16 10:32 PMRolloverRollover Gebühr_________2*********59******
-18,00__1.748,58
1/5/16 10:02 AMGuV Gewinn/Verlust des Trades____2*********___59******434,64__2.183,22
1/5/16 10:02 AMGuV Gewinn/Verlust des Trades____2*********59******
-225,34__1.957,88
1/5/16 5:08 PM GuVGewinn/Verlust des Trades_____2*********59******
-75,43__1.882,45
1/5/16 8:01 PM GuV Gewinn/Verlust des Trades____2*********_59******201,04__2.083,49
1/6/16 2:15 AM GuV Gewinn/Verlust des Trades____2*********59******
-80,27__2.003,22
1/6/16 11:56 AMGuV Gewinn/Verlust des Trades____2*********59******
-97,50__1.905,72
1/6/16 12:30 PMGuV Gewinn/Verlust des Trades____2*********59******
-170,00__1.735,72
1/6/16 4:55 PM GuVGewinn/Verlust des Trades_____2*********___59******_521,98__2.257,70
1/6/16 4:55 PM GuVGewinn/Verlust des Trades_____2*********59******_______35,13__2.292,83
1/6/16 4:55 PM GuVGewinn/Verlust des Trades_____2*********59******
-225,86__2.066,97
1/7/16 12:13 AMGuV Gewinn/Verlust des Trades____2*********56******160,27__2.227,24
1/7/16 6:12 AM GuVGewinn/Verlust des Trades_____2*********60******
-339,38__1.887,86
1/7/16 12:00 PMGuV Gewinn/Verlust des Trades____2*********60******
-240,69__1.647,17
1/7/16 12:00 PMGuV Gewinn/Verlust des Trades____2*********60******
-150,43__1.496,74
1/7/16 12:02 PMGuV Gewinn/Verlust des Trades____2*********60******
-110,34__1.386,40
1/7/16 12:02 PMGuV Gewinn/Verlust des Trades____2*********60******
-80,25__1.306,15
1/7/16 12:29 PMGuV Gewinn/Verlust des Trades____2*********60******
-321,22__984,93
1/7/16 12:49 PMGuV Gewinn/Verlust des Trades____2*********60******
-160,67__824,26
1/7/16 1:39 PM GuVGewinn/Verlust des Trades_____2*********___60******______180,60__1.004,86
1/7/16 2:39 PM GuVGewinn/Verlust desTrades_____2*********___60******____1.054,92___2.059,78
1/7/16 2:39 PM GuVGewinn/Verlust des Trades_____2*********___60******______339,66__2.399,44
1/7/16 3:54 PM GuV Gewinn/Verlust des Trades____2*********___60******______608,72__3.008,16
1/7/16 3:54 PM GuV Gewinn/Verlust des Trades____2*********___60******______471,76__3.479,92
1/7/16 3:54 PM GuV Gewinn/Verlust des Trades____2*********___60******______355,09__3.835,01
1/7/16 7:09 PM GuV Gewinn/Verlust desTrades____2*********___60******____1.949,51___5.784,52
1/7/16 7:09 PM GuV Gewinn/Verlust des Trades____2*********__60******_____776,87___6.561,39
1/7/16 7:29 PM GuV Gewinn/Verlust des Trades____2*********60******
-390,05___6.171,34
1/7/16 7:59 PM GuV Gewinn/Verlust des Trades____2*********_60******_____239,27___6.410,61
1/7/16 7:59 PM GuV Gewinn/Verlust des Trades____2*********60******
-231,41___6.179,20
1/7/16 11:18 PMGuV Gewinn/Verlust des Trades____2*********60******
-279,44___5.899,76
1/8/16 1:51 PM GuV Gewinn/Verlust des Trades____2*********___60******_____645,00___6.544,76

In this year (if it last a year, as when my account turns 0 this thread will die) i will go through the mental stages of myself. my thinking of the situation and the life itself, as trading is not about pips, it is about MONEY. Money with which you send your kids to college, you buy the food for your baby, you pay for vacations, your house, your car, your dreams and your protection of your fears.

Lets fase it the way it is. I have enough balance on my account to not fear loosing money. I will try my best to document the different stages of emotions luck thinking etc as i remember them from my beginnings of trading.

This is an experiment where i will post my believes and thoughts onto the actions of WHAT I DID with my money, sometimes daily, sometimes weekly. You will get no charts here, you will find no tips onto what to buy, you will not hear any tactics or stop loss calculations or whatsoever. You will see my mental and psychological stages i go through as a traders 365 days.

Maybe you will see connections in your own behavioural patterns and be able to change them so you can become a more sucessfull trader.

Why am i doing this? - IM NOT TRYING TO SELL ANYTHING
out of two reasons:

1st. I need something that sometimes takes my attention away from stocks, when i go into trades i hate to watch them so i try to distract myself.

2nd. i dont want you to make a contract for a 1-million life insurance which pays out to your wife and then contemplate and create plans onto how you can crash your car the best way so it looks like an incident and the insurance doenst think its suicide - like i was trying to years ago after i lost 400.000 in less then a year and with them all savings my wife and i had.

If it interests you - enjoy.
If it isnt your case - there are other threads you can read/talk in.

Good luck to u mate…

Your account balance on its own doesnt mean a lot. Do you have a myfxbook link? Then we could see what you are trading and understand your style better

I have to appologise, but i do not mean to share my trading style to anyone. It took me years invested of money, nerves, relationships destroyed to develop whatever im doing now. I can not give that away.
I aswell think that knowing my trading style will not generate any money/pips to anyone. everyone has to have his own style.

In the balance above i had to go high risk/high income style untill i reach the first 10,000 from the point of where i started (€365), after that my trading style will change to less risk and more consistency.

As you may see from 29th of december i held 3 positions á €1/pip over the weekend till monday which generated each 320+ pips profit. the first trade was important to be a bigger one (compared to my funds of 365) to start new positions with a higher €/pip ratio. After that i initiated €5/pip starding day trading which was rather unsecussfull untill the 7th of december.

You can describe my style as “whatever the market gives”. If i see a good chance for a trade lasting 2 weeks and generating big profits i take it an stick t it for weeks, if i see 200 points within one hour i take the 200 points.

This thread is meant as psychological point of view. I havent seen anyone in this forum trying to approach psychology, after all in my eyes, your own psychological state of mind is the most important to any trading, but noone talks about it. Im trying with examples (from remembering how i felt years ago) to show critical points where people give up and why they give up, what you can do against giving up and why some people got broke.

I dont know if it will help anyone in here to find his sucess in trading, but if it says to one person “uh this stuff is dangerous i could loose my house, i rather stay away from it” or “uh this stuff is dangerous but you can earn some real money if you threat is seriously, i must watch out and try as hard as i can to suceed” then i guess i accomplished something.

Everyone is talking about easy money on trading, no work, much income etc. blinding peoples eyes from the danger as good as possible. Im trying to show the bad sides and make people understand what it truly is. so they can decide on their own if they want to trade, start it or not and they can decide with which approach they start etheir trading. Lets see if i manage to.

During the next wee i will give sentences to the trades, explaining what i was thinking and y i initiated that exact trade.

You’ve misunderstood me, I dont want to know your trading style/strategy.
Posting a myfxbook would show us what your trades were, it wouldn’t give away your strategy. We could see more clearly how successful you are, the account details above don’t actually mean a lot.

ok now i understood what you meant.

Sorry im not using meta trader. as far as i can see fxbook needs metatrader to be able to take your datas of. I will come up with an alternative within the next week to provide that datas you aked for.

I think I might have read similar stories. It comes down to a few basic principles most of the time.

• Many years of experience
  • Proven superior trading strategie
  • Penny account
  • 2 weeks active max

Is there anyone that have seen a few hundred topics like this that can point me to 1 that succeeded in a 1k -> 1M quest?

Turbonero i just read your reply from another post. You made a such a good fundamental analysis. Can you be my mentor? )))). Kidding. Good luck Turbo. I will be following you ))

Interesting post Turbonero, looking forward to your next update.

Good luck.

Great Job Bud, keep rollin!

10 days, quite close but maybe we see some results still?

the result was a failure. i admit it.

here is what happened:

in trading day number 8 i pushed the account to €13400 (starting balance 8 days earlier was €365).

this is possible only through extreme overleverage and timed scaling-in.
it was a FXCM experimental account and as it happened the trade (was a DAX trade, cant remember long or short) went against me and i was not able to close it due to a “server issue” of FXCM where trading was not possible for 3 hours. So the trade drew me back to an account balance of 4600. Even thou FXCM reimbursed me 2500 of the loss the motivation was lfawed a bit. it only took 3 more losing trades, after being demotivated, to push the account back to 1000.

the issue is that once you get used to a certain position size you have hard trouble to cope with less so the trades afterwards were even more overleveraged.

i didnt even close the account, its still there somewhere with 200-300€ on it.

The issue was that the concentration it needed to sustain this huge growth distracted me massively in my usual trading so imissed out trades which yielded a annual salary (1 at that time) which i would have taken 100% for sure if i werent distracted by constant micro managing a small experimental account. So after having a big drawback i gave up on the experiment.

But to be honest i think it was a mistake.

Compund profits is the key. if managed to make 13000€ in 8 days with a starting capital of 365 then immediately after crossing the 10.000 barrier i should have went less risky and more steady. The first 8 days was an increase of 3770% in hindsight it was not intelligent to keep the same level of risk especially considering that i still had 11,6 months left to achive my target.

a 40% monthly increase with compound profits and the proper adjustments each month would aswell made it to 1.000.000 in those leftover 11,6 months.

edit: thank you for digging this up from the hall of shame :smiley:

What leverage you using?

Get back on the horse bro. Hit that 1Million in 3 months instead,

Button down your plan, and hit it again.

500:1

25% a day,

Use 20% max allowed per trade, Cherry pick your best signals.

Hello MoneyNVRSleeps,

i used the entire time a leverage of 100:1, never more. On Oil trades 50:1

The secret is scaling in into profitable trades. no need of 500:1 leverage.

right now i am too bussy. and i aswell forgot what the point was that i was trying to make back then when i started this. perhaps i wanted to prove myself i can do that or maybe the community. but rigt now this seems very childish from my side to start a bet like this where the odds of suceeding are so extremely low. it aswell sends a wrong picture to readers that it is possible to make 1 million from a small sum. it could encourage people to do the same and that would be contraproductive i my opinion since the odds are so low (and it requires more luck than should be necesarry in trading).

maybe one day when i got more time i can try it again, but for now im not able to do so.

Thank You for Your comment bro

I believe the point was, to make $1million+ and you f’ed up along the way. The FXCM problem, uggggg, talk about deflating. I understand that for sure. I remember losing my mind over blowing a $5 demo account, LOL…

No time? Wake up an hour earlier, hit up GBPUSD. You have a system on the other thread, no?

Bro, my strat is so tuned, im about to pull a 20 hour straight challenge to see what I can pull. Signal after signal after signal like clockwork.

Dont think of it as a childish, the problem going in, is you already programed your mind to think it was impossible from the start.

The thing is, if you have a system, a plan, a routine, and treat each trade as an investment, and be right very often, $10 is all you need. But the ground you have to cover is a longer road then with $1,000.

If you can be strick as heck to your PROVEN PLAN, 60 days you could be wealthy…

Like, I will show you in 51 days what I mean.

Eye of the Tiger!