The Bitcoin

Always been a Bitcoin advocate however this isn’t what you expect to wake up to:

Clean up your act bitcoiners!

The lack of centralized control of bit coin leaves it open to too many attacks IMO. Too many stories of stolen funds going on and then there’s nothing there to help you get them back …

Having said that , with the volatility of it’s value the last 6 months, who am I to judge - plenty of traders I know have made small fortunes from it.

I do think that it will all eventually blow up though

I think the lack of centralised control is one of its strengths. The problem is the difficulty in connecting with traditional banking systems. Ideally bitcoin should be used as a cash substitute, and you wouldn’t carry around large sums of cash because it isn’t safe. You get cash out of a bank to use and you put it back in the bank to store safely. There are now bitcoin banks that have been set up that are designed to be unhackable by storing the bitcoins in computers disconnected to the Internet. I’m am sure that there is more theft of regular money through bank fraud then bitcoin hacking anyway as its much easier to do, only a few people can programme well enough and understand the protocol well enough to pull it off. Just the media like to put bitcoin down.

im totally done with the pros and cons, the stunting by gox probably gives it a bad name to people who dont follow it or dont know what is so
ask these people or attend, for all your questions and answers
Speakers
or
Bitcoin Technology
or ask the winklevoss twins what they think about it, they seem like they know a thing or two and probably look a little less bummy than i do
the discussion is already over, the only question that remains is : what unforeseen things will the blockchain bring us in the future
(these links dont advertise, they’re both informative on conferences in the near future with pretty much renowned speakers as far as i can see)
end of story ?
no this is only the beginning

Sorry to bump this up but I was looking for a confirmation. Is it true that Bitcoin is on the verge of being bankrupt?

Bitcoin is an interesting alternative for traditional currencies and this is one of its biggest threats. Many countries will be afraid of accepting bitcoin as an alternative currency, because it can undermine positions of their own currencies. Moreover nobody controls bitcoin in a formal way, which is unacceptable for many central banks. The future of bitcoin can be bright but it must be recognized by at least few serious countries.

it seems like speculative currency with the millions already stolen and the varying price range it seems that a few people have already staked out a crooked investment relying on people to vary the value of the bitcoins while the thieves play with their stolen coins buying and selling the coins themselves.

I guess some forex and binary brokers are still not accepting this to be paid as a deposit however many as said above allows you to deposit bitcoin as payment.

To many stolen funds? It’s not like credit cards or paypal is any safer to hackers, there was billions already stolen from that.