The Carry Trade

I’ve read BabyPips description of the Carry Trade. Are there any books with a more detailed description, eg how to actually find a broker and a trading platform and how to actually do the selling and buying? Thank you.

Finding a broker and doing the buying and selling is no different for carry trading than it is for any other type of trading. Any legitimate broker will work! :slight_smile:

Thank you.
Is the Carry Trade restricted to foreign currency? I thought the idea was to borrow at a low rate and then buy a short-term bond at a higher rate. Regards.

It’s not restricted to forex, you can definitely do it with bonds, but since this is a forex forum I assumed you meant doing it with currencies.

I’m not a bond expert, but I’d think that doing it with bonds would be easier and safer. You wouldn’t have to worry about the price going against if you were doing it with bonds.

Unfortunately I have no clue how to buy and sell bonds… :slight_smile:

Thank you.
I was getting confused about the two interacting with each other. I can now go ahead and find out about bonds in the Carry trade. Appreciate your reply.
Regards.

the carry trade is somewhat dead at the moment… or at least compared to what it used to be.