The Day the NFL Died

I thought this was running down, but no they just keep at it. I also have noticed the team with the worst records have the most players on their knees, Picture below is the 1-9 Fortyniners

@Dennis3450

For the first time ever,
Roger Goodell and I
agree on something:

NFL players are UNFIT

to be on the field

during the playing of

The National Anthem

I think Roger Goodell is unfit to serve as commissioner, yet they will keep him and continue to pay him millions as TV ratings slide and the average fan is disenfranchized

Now that the networks are no longer showing the National Anthem, will they continue that policy for the Superbowl,

Clearly, this circus will continue into next season, the networks have already stopped showing the National Anthem, is the military still paying for flyovers that will only be seen by the fans in the stadium. How long before the tradition of playing the national anthem before sporting events, Ends.

Well, another football season has begun, and the National Anthem controversy is still with us.
That’s because Roger Goodell hasn’t had the sense or the balls to deal with it effectively.

So, a cadre of malcontents, who want to protest perceived injustices in society at large, are still free to trash our Flag and our Anthem on the football field.

Here’s one of them. This was just last night.

Marshawn Lynch does not set an example worth following.

This is my message to NFL players who choose to kneel or squat
instead of standing respectfully for our Flag and our National Anthem.

This is the United States of America.
We are all Americans, and this is our country.
If you don’t think this is your country, then
get the hell out, and go wherever you think you belong.

Tom Brady is a leader worth following.

2 Likes

If these guys were protesting US escalation of wars around the world, or US ( CIA) interference in every election in every country, or even US Federal Reserves policy that is making billionaires richer as the middle class declines, then I might be able to get behind them, but they seem to be just protesting for the sake of protesting. I mean you protest a war in hopes of ending that war, but what are these guys hoping to end. Some might say police violence, okay, how do you end that, I don’t see any solutions unless the police just stop policing, and will the criminals stop being violent is the police stop their violence, some how I doubt that

When these protest started 3 seasons ago, all we heard from the so called left is how it was a question of free speech and these players had a right to be heard ( or seen) and the NFL would be wrong stopping them.

Fast forward today, and we see Apple, Google, and Facebook banning content from their sights, and the so called left says the 1st Amendment covering free speech only applies to the government and these private companies ( more on the private company lie in a later post) have every right to ban anyone who violates their rules.

Wait, is not the NFL a private company, there for the 1st Amendment would not apply to them either, and the NFL would be in their right to fire any player who violates the leagues on the field conduct rules.

Okay, so called left, lets see you wiggle out of this one