The difference between scalping and day trading?

Look, either you quote the book here, or you are trolling. Get out.

I think your intention is to waste people’s time. You can’t even quote a book. You are only ridiculing someone to disrupt other people.

I don’t tolerate bad intentions for long.

Don’t worry about it: you won’t be here for long.

2 Likes

Then why do you keep needing people to “quote from it”? We can all see page 1 at Amazon. :sweat_smile:

The best advice you had, here, you were given by tommor, right here. :+1:

3 Likes

You are on the forum to disrupt people.

You should be the one to stay away from me. Not me who has to leave.

You even said indicators should be used on daily or higher timeframes. I didn’t care to respond to that, but that’s also wrong. VWAP is best used under 4 hour timeframe. Stochastic RSI works best on VWAP timeframes which are usually under 1 hour. VWAP and Stoch RSI are best used under one hour.

You are just here to ridicule people on little points that don’t really matter.

If you don’t have anything useful to say, then don’t come to me. I actually read page 1 and more, and I didn’t find anything that qualifies as a real definition.

If you want to be taken seriously, quote the book, and explain it in your own way.

It’s not me who need help. It’s you who need it.

In reality, swing trading characterizes a time frame-independent strategy that executes single, direct price movement. In this era of massive market liquidity, the swing trader may find excellent opportunities on both 5-minute and weekly charts.

is the closest thing to a definition I found in “The Master Swing Trader” by Alan Farley. That’s not really a definition because a real definition would explain single direct price movement. If single direct price movement is not clearly defined, it can even mean the spread between bid and ask.

Because swing trading has “swing” in its name, a better definition is

swing trading refers to the type of trading trying to catch the move between a swing low and a swing high, not to the time frame

This definition came from another forum member. It actually defines a swing trading as a form of trading that catches a move betwen a swing low and a swing high. It is meant to capture a price swing which definitely doesn’t mean the bid-ask spread.

Either, someone finds a better quote from the book, or another forum member gave me a better definition. Unlike those who use the book as an excuse to ridicule someone, I actually quoted the book and even found a better definition than the book’s vague definition.

Don’t come to me if you aren’t interested in genuine discussion. Don’t use supposedly “established” textbooks as an excuse to ridicule someone. If you are not going to quote a book and explain quotes in your own terms, you are not interested in genuine discussion.