The fast moves in the market. How do they work

And if that person had marked off 1.57 as a place where there was liquidity, had taken a long at the Order block at 1.5560 (plus a couple), there was an easy 140 pips asking to be collected.

The void that is never filled in Retail learning and those that pretend they have a firm grasp on the underpinnings of the marketā€¦ is that the CENTRAL BANK is the price maker. Argue - all you like, but the major banks arenā€™t setting the price. They just dance to the tune of the Central Bank. When you understand thatā€¦ itā€™s not the Orders of a ā€œBankā€ moving the market like todayā€¦ itā€™s the repricing at the Central Bank level.

I called this before the fact. I explained it before the fact. I do this weekly and it has nothing to do with smoking, lunch breaks or Supply & Demand. I knowā€¦ big deal.

[B]GLGT[/B] :wink:
ICT

Nothing like the boss of ICT to come along and make a dumb statement like price is controlled by the central bank. Who is this central bank bro?

Personally I thought price was set on the inter-bank market consisting of the worlds top 10 or 12 banks. Meaning nobody else can control price. Influence yes but control no.

You havenā€™t called any factual market information before the fact, neither have you posted anything that wasnā€™t already known or previously available, so get a grip.

If there was an oscar available for spoofing youā€™d walk it!

Do you have any proof?

Lol, there canā€™t be ā€˜sell limitā€™ orders below the market, only sell stops or buy limits.

Stop orders when hit become market orders. Market orders consume liquidity they do not provide it!

Market orders consume liquidity

Limit orders provide liquidity

And back to the fast market moves - next one to watch on GBP, from central bank, is Sep 10.

Specifically the vote count, so before the fact, and not spoofing (which gets you jail without an Oscar), my suspicion is that the count will be at least 7,2 - so on the lead up to that Iā€™ll keep an eye on that mornings Asian.

Meantime, all hail the Fed later today for the possibility of some more fast moves in the market :slight_smile:

And thatā€™s the guy who is trying his best to solicit forum members into his private den in order to flog them god knows what. They watch a few dozen dodgy videos & assume theyā€™re geared up to rock the trading world!!

Tā€™would be handy if he had even a basic awareness & comprehension of market order functionality before setting his stall out.

#teachhimthebasicsplease
#noswimmingwithoutarmbands

So talking about fast moving post CPI, my broker IC Markets 55 tick chart EURUSD

My if my wallet was fatter broker Lmax same chart

Donā€™t believe your brokers data. Its relatively easy to find free quality data to enhance ones perception of whats going on. Whats noise to some is music to my ears

There are many things which can move the price but mostly reason is causing by high impact news which caused marketā€™s response to buy or sell in high number of pips in short time so it can move price to bullish or bearish condition (strong bullish or bearish) instantly. But there are another things which can move price in high numbers of pips quickly, usually it is causing by unpredictable condition like terorism attack, disaster, inflation, and many other things.

Well eddie - seems were getting one of those fast moves - hope thatā€™s music I hear :slight_smile:

Yeah I saw the fast move today due to news on EURUSD. That was exactly the type of move I was referring to when I created this thread. So basically such moves are news related and Smart money moves are more gradual up moves over a few bars. Thanks :slight_smile:

Yeah, have a look at Gold today also - thatā€™s the power of a CB and a few of itā€™s words.

Perhaps one of the largest and fastest moves in the FX market in recent times also involved a central bank and itā€™s utterances, if ever proof is needed of how a CB can exercise a degree of control on a currency then a look at USD/CHF over the past year tells a certain story.

If you believe that the news causes price to move, then Iā€™m assuming that you believe that up until the second the news is released, it is theoretically possible that depending on the content of the news, price could move in either direction. In other words, you do not believe that the direction of the price movement is predetermined prior to the news release.

My problem with that view, is that price moves with such precision if you know what to look for. Another thing that moves price is when Draghi, Yellin, etc give speeches. Personally, I think that all of the resulting price action is predetermined and there are tools that show this.

Most people not trying to score points for pettiness probably realized that I meant ā€˜pending orders.ā€™ Even if you donā€™t agree with my point about price being moved to fill orders, the more grown up approach is to debate the obvious point Iā€™m making and not some silliness about terminology. But knock yourselves out.

I sometimes think about starting a thread about my trading on this trading forum. I then remember that those who find impulse control a challenge would be all over it, just for the sake of derailing it. Take your silly shots speed bump and continue to make Forex Factory a better place.

To say market orders do not provide liquidity is a 1-sided view. There has to be someone on the other side of that trade. For them that market order is liquidity.

Itā€™s not even a 1-sided view, itā€™s completely wrong.

All orders that are executed provide liquidity.

No, Itā€™s not a one sided view, Itā€™s a FACT. Maybe you would benefit from learning a little more about market microstructure before commenting further.

For ā€˜themā€™ the market orders are a way to facilitate their limit orders (liquidity) being potentially filled.

LOL @ All orders being executed providing liquidity. When a stop is hit it becomes a market order! Market orders consume liquidity. It really is as simple as that!

You canā€™t just change the terminology to suit you. Do some research, check your facts, then come back and admit your mistake. Cheers

I should have said filled not executed. All orders that are filled provide liquidity.

If someone is spoofing the market, their limit order is not providing liquidity even though it shows up in the Depth of Market. you might think limit orders = liquidity but until a limit order is filled, it means nothing.

I agree with rhodytrader. One personā€™s market order is someone elseā€™s liquidity.