The finest in trend trading

Yes, it is a typo. :o :o :o

I will go back and correct it.

[B]Thank you for drawing it to my attention!![/B] :slight_smile:

Typo now corrected…

NEVER raise the CBL in a long.
NEVER lower the CBL in a short. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thoughts coming!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thank you for doing all this testing, [B]IronHeart[/B].

Are you an experienced trader? :smiley:

If not, then this stuff is not for you - it will be too difficult for you to manage!! :eek: :eek:

I am trying to discourage new traders from coming here because they will complain about me when they lose all their money when starting live trading with this method. :frowning:

So if you are new here, there are better threads for you to follow - this is advanced trading!!

Thank you for your suggestion, [B]ruilima22[/B].

I have thought about this idea myself. :slight_smile:
You are quite correct in saying that explanation times will be greatly speeded up. :slight_smile:

But right now, as all the frequent posters here know, I am about to move home.
This will be my last posting week and I should return after 19th May.

So I will hold off the chat room until I return and am more settled.
Moving is the big thing on my mind at the moment.

I agree with you Tymen. Is there not an argument to have it moved from the Newbie section?

Now I was going to make a very important comment but I have visitors right now, so it will have to hold off until tomorrow.

I can start drafting it in Microsoft Word for now and finish it tomorrow.

Please keep posting - I am interested in everyone’s impressions so far.

I think we can let you off, just this once! :stuck_out_tongue:

Keep up the cracking work Tymen, the pieces are falling so neatly in to place.

/salutes

For anyone who downloaded my Bollinger DNA Count Back Rules PDF, please note I have uploaded a new copy with the correction of Tymen’s typo. Go here to download the corrected copy and replace your old one. :cool:

Speaking personally, I would much prefer that this thread continues without the use of a chat room. I view this as an educational and learning thread whereby many people are benefiting from all the experience and expertise of Tymen, to learn a superior method of trading.

Any query or problem given by one person, may well be a query or problem in the minds of other members following this thread. Therefore any answer to those queries would be better if they were addressed in the usual way of posting reply messages.

As we all have our own timetables we will be looking and catching up with the thread as and when time permits. Therefore there will be parts of this thread that have been lost if we are not around at the time the chat room is operating.

Obviously this is a decision for Tymen to make.

Regards, Ken.

I always felt that it needed more of a clarification. Something like:

When the trend is up…and you want to trade short when it retraces down…never move the CBL down.

When the trend is down…and you want to trade long when it retraces up…never move the CBL up.

I hear you, [B]ken doubleU [/B]and I think that you have a compelling arguement that is difficult to refute. :wink:

So I think that I will agree!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It is definitely clarified now!! :smiley: :smiley:

Thank you for your efforts, [B]Merchantprince[/B]. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You are the only source of compact information we have at the moment!! :slight_smile:

My visitors have gone so I might as well put down my [B]important comment [/B]now!!

[B]This Bollinger DNA Method is designed to work with high lots.
It does so because the win/loss ratio is very high, the drawdowns are low, but the risk/reward ratio is often very small, even <1.[/B]

I am thinking that most traders here cannot afford to trade such high lots.

[B]Let me paint a picture for you………[/B]

We are going to build a powerful car racing engine.
It will only be used for a short time but it must be able to power a light weight dragster thro a 1km stretch and travel faster than a jet plane taking off at the end of the race.
So what do we do?

We take a V8 engine block, x-ray it to check for casting flaws.
Then we fill the water cooling jackets with concrete – we do not need the cooling for the short stretch.
The block is then fitted with domed pistons, fitted to a high strength roller crankshaft to increase top revs.
The crankshaft bearing housing is reinforced.

The engine head is shaved to the max, then polished and ported with large size valves and double springs to prevent valve bounce at high revs.
An overhead titanium camshaft chain is standard.
The camshaft itself is machined in such a way that the timing is as advanced as the engine will tolerate and still run.

When assembled the engine is fitted with a supercharger to force the air/fuel mixture in.
The fuel is not petrol either – it is nitrous oxide, something far more potent than petrol.
Finally we finish with just enough exhaust pipe to keep the noise just below deafening. The exhaust is of course, tuned extraction.

When running, this engine crackles like a fireworks display in full swing.
And power – wow!!
1200 or more brake horsepower!!
We will definitely beat that jet aircraft!!

[B]So what am I saying here?[/B]

[B]Well, this trading method we are looking at is like that hotted up engine.[/B]
It is super high performance, high win/loss, so much so that the risk/reward is very low indeed at times.
Our trading method consumes high octane fuel – large lots.
Using just a minilot would give very poor performance.

[B]Our trading method is designed to give very high output in a very short time.[/B]

[B]Now is this what we want?[/B]

We could switch to a diesel engine.
This engine is low power, but try to stop it.
They are unstoppable when they are running.
Hence they are used in heavy duty work machines such as bulldozers, locomotives and large trucks.

A 4wd vehicle with a high powered petrol engine will race up a tall sand dune, no problems.
The same vehicle with a diesel will get bogged just after starting off.

But now we are on a steep rocky hill and we need to tow a series of broken down vehicles up this steep hill.
The diesel 4wd will do that all day and very successfully.
The petrol 4wd will overheat after just two attempts.

In another example, imagine a tug of war, if possible, with a large jet airliner chained to a locomotive.
The high powered jet engines will roar, but the diesel locomotive with 3 V8 diesel engines will easily tow the airliner backwards and win the tug of war!!

[B]Its horses for courses.[/B]

How can I move the chart forward or backward 1 candle/bar at a time? I want to use it for back testing.

Also, how do I change the profit/loss from $ to pips? I want to concentrate on pips won or lost rather than money.

The diesel engine is like a forex trading system that has an average win/loss ratio but a much better than average risk/reward ratio.
It has pulling power – the pips are “pulled in” but the performance rating is not so great.
This trading system will pull pips in all day, but at an average pace.

We have already started to look at such a method – using SR lines and a Fibonacci retracement method to increase our gains.

The SR lines were not so good, but what if we switched to using the Bollinger bands as SR lines?

[B]What I am asking is this…[/B]

Are you finding this trading method too complicated?
Too difficult to learn and/or impliment?

Would you prefer if we retreated back to our original idea of macro trading with the 3 line CBL and the Fibonacci ratios.
We would use the Bollinger Bands as a replacement for the SR line.

By using a higher timeframe and knowlege gained from this DNA system, we could cut out a lot of the losing trades and develop a reasonable win/loss ratio.
The risk/reward ratio is already good as proven by the Fibonacci retracement approach.

Now, I am happy to continue with the Bollinger DNA method if you like.

But if you prefer a retreat to macro trading using the BB, a 3 line CBL and Fibonacci, then I am happy to switch over.

[B]The job of a teacher is to be flexible.[/B]

[B]So, think about it, and I would like to know everyone’s thoughts on the matter.
Please let me know - I can continue with your preferred direction after I have moved and return to this forum.[/B] :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

press f12 to move forward one candle

right click on the terminal window Trade>profit>as points ($ to pip)