The finest in trend trading

I do have one observation to make, which may put some folks at ease who are wondering why more has yet to be written about trading with the trend. As some have correctly pointed out, this was one of the first things Tymen talked about when introducing this method.

At this point in our lesson plan on the BB DNA (love that strategy name, so easy to abbreviate!) we have covered the core principles, the types of trades and the all-important entry rules.

So we [I]should[/I] be just about done, right?

But Tymen has made it clear he isn’t done. He is going away for awhile but promises there’s even more to be shared when he comes back. But what more could he possibly share? Some minor details to slightly improve the entry rules he already gave us? I doubt it, why wouldn’t he just include them now?

I have a sneaking suspicion that the remainder of his lesson plan - to be resumed next month - will perhaps center on what we’ve all been talking about today: using the DNA entry methods to capture and ride longer moves in trending pairs.

That’s only a pure guess on my part, of course. But I’m beginning to suspect he wanted to get at least this much out to us before he had to leave. With what we have now, we could spend the next few weeks practicing making these entries. And, with what we know now, we could be doing at least well enough to earn some nice profits using the DNA method to scalp.

We should start a thread on pairs to hate! Mine is XAU/USD. I can’t keep away from it even though it kills me everytime I trade it. Must be a power struggle thing. (We know who is going to win, don’t we)

Adding to the comments from various posters about trading with the trend vs the BB DNA approach, I have been doing a similar thing to what MerchantPrince spoke about, ie: Take TP1, move SL to BE and letting TP2 ride if it is in the direction of the larger TF trend. Here is an example of what can happens if you let TP2 run.

Anyone care to comment on entry and exits?

Hachiko,
There may be be some merit in that approach.

I believe Tymen has spoken about letting TP2 ride until the opposite BB contracts, and we get a candle completely free of the BB.
I’ve modified your chart to show the entry and possible exit for that.

An alternative may be to exit when the BB we are walking contracts and we get a candle close free of it… In this particular case, that certainly gives a more profitable exit. I won’t speculate whether or not this is likely to be reliable or not in other cases…more testing would be necessary.

On another note, I’d be keen to see other’s profitable (demo or otherwise) trades using this DNA system. I think it would be a great way for us to help each other learn to spot good setups. So, if anyone’s willing to share… :smiley:

Thanks a lot jcgibson and Graviton for trying to help.

I’d appreaciate if you guys (or others) gave it another shot.

if I understand you two correctly, the extreme is candle #1 (image added) and the entry is #3?

how does that go along with the CBL rules? even if wecut it (#1) in half #2 won’t close beneath it.

moreover I added the O-O trade painted by Tymen.
I just don’t see that anywhere on the chart.

OBVIOUSLY I’M MISSING SOMETHING.
please help!!

thanks!

Hello to all, no I’m not dead, but I can take care of my parents are older, and then catch up on reading this thread, which is quite difficult for me because I am not bilingual.
Thank you to its PDF Merchant Prince for allowing me to enter (uh … I think) the rules of grafted by Master Tymen 1.
I joinds a graph for comments and criticism from you.:smiley:
As Bodyborder I go with the wave and wants to go further in DNA bollinger.
Again sorry for my English so poor.
Tymen I can not join my friend in Valencia … sorry:(

thanks for trying to help!!
still, I’m afraid I need some further explanation.
I’ve added a chart with my question.

where is the entry point for the O-O trade? in which the mid bb is alligned with trade’s direction and entry is from one O to the other O also in that direction from begining to end (just like in the definition drawn by Tymen)?

sorry if I put you to too much trouble, I just really don’t seem to get something right.

regards.

I forgot to mention that the graph I go with 3 lots, 1 lot closed mid BB, BB has closed 1 lot opposite Lot 1 closed after the walk sausage:p

Hey parsush, here is an O-O trade for you.

I have marked the CBL as the green line and the entry into the trade is at the open of the candle, which has pink lines going from it.

TP1 is at the mid-BB and TP2 is at the opposite BB.

Because price retraces after the outer BB is hit, this can be classified (in retrospect) as an O-O trade.

Hope this helps.

thanks for the detailed answer Iron!
but I don’t see how this fits Tymen’s definition for an O-O trade, in which PA direction should be alligned with mid-bb. Moreover, in O-O trades, if I understand correctly, TP1+2 should be at the same point.

(Tymen’s original definition added)

Short horizontal line marks CBL on the extreme candle. Vertical line marks entry at the open. Second vertical line marks TP2 where it touches outer BB.

I think what you are saying…that an OO almost never exists is probably correct. By the time we get a CBL and get a qualifying entry we are very often half-way to the midline. We probably never get an entry at the outer BB.

not only that, but when PA is at outer BB, mid-BB isn’t alligned with our trades’ direction. you all seem to be ignoring this part, or maybe my info isn’t up-to-date, but isn’t this A REQUIREMENT FOR A TRADE TO BE O-O?

Hmm, you’re right in that the case I have shown is not aligned with the Mid-BB.

See the example below for a better demonstration.

In the trade I have marked with the pink CBL, you can enter as soon as the pink line is hit because it is in a squeeze region and not in a bubble or sausage.

This goes on to hit both TP1 and TP2.

Just to clarify the issue with TP1 and TP2, I don’t think both TP1 and 2 is taken at the outer band, as this would render the point of having a TP1 and TP2 pointless.

I think what Tymen was trying to show in his graph was that the O-O trade goes on to hit both TP1 and TP2.

I thought a requirement of an extreme candle is that it had the highest or lowest point. Would not the extreme candle in this pic be the candle to the left? In which case the CBL would be much lower…clear down to the opening of the candle that touches the mid line. I really would like some clarification on this.

not only that, but when PA is at outer BB, mid-BB isn’t alligned with our trades’ direction. you all seem to be ignoring this part, or maybe my info isn’t up-to-date, but isn’t this A REQUIREMENT FOR A TRADE TO BE O-O?[/QUOTE]

Where are you getting the “aligned with our trades direction” ? I’m not familiar with that rule. In a retrace of a bubble it’s pa of the trade is almost always against the direction of the midline. Remember the exercise he had us do? They were against the trend.

Hey PTB, you are right in that the left-most extreme candle is 0.00001 higher than the 2 candles after (I checked) :slight_smile:

I think the 25M chart is more suitable for this trade…

It offers a very similar entry and there is only 1 extreme candle (the correct one) :wink:

Is not the CBL drawn from the low point of the extreme candle? If so why are you saying the entry is so early? I find nothing in the CBL pdf to this effect.

no need to enter at candle’s close? I didn’t see this part on merchant’s PDF.
I thought we only enter the close of the candle (which in this case would be invalid due to the size rule)

this may be the part I’m missing. are you positive on that?

well this surely is unclear. look at the graph added. in the O-BB example both TP1+2 are hit, but he located each at the appropriate place.

Hmm…I sure am confused too now.

My understanding of entering trades in a squeeze was that we don’t need to wait for the 2 rules, the first being to wait for a close and the second being to wait for a candle with a smaller body.

I’m sure someone more experienced can shed some light on this matter.

Here is the diagram. Is there an exception I should be aware of?