The finest in trend trading

Tymen, I’ve heard that markets range most of the time. Since this has to deal with trading trends does that mean that you don’t trade often? In a way you could view the ranging markets as small trends, so would you still trade the ranges but simply aim for less pips?

I guess he trades his other method the ultimate candle stick method, will be exciting to see if it gets mentioned, incorporated, or left out completely:D!

I’ve actually never read that thread. Guess I have something to do now :D. Judging by the name, The Ultimate Candlestick Method, he probably encorporates candlestick analysis in his trend trading. Such as certain patterns that bounce off an already established trendline, or maybe a breakout of a trendline. And, if he already knows some candlestick analysis, why would he simply not encorporate that into every trade he takes? Wouldn’t that increase his win % if he were to take the time and see what the charts are telling him?

I guess he puts stop orders above the red MAs

or below red lines depending on how “money” moves :smiley:

Would anyone with the knowledge be kind enough to make a guppy indicator in .lua for us Tradestation users?

Hi Tymen

Thanks for the good work here.

I have read the thread a couple of times but still unclear on a couple of matters and I have a few questions if I may?

Whats your (or anyone else’s) definition of higher lows and lower highs? I was under the impression that higher lows are effectively higher troughs and lower highs are equivlent to lower peaks.

I’m a little fuzzy to be honest in recognizing both HL and LH and would appreciate some chart examples if possible as I seem to have a problem distinguishing them visually? :confused: Do HL have to be bearish candles and LH have to be bullish candles?

Could you clarify retracement and forward candles and your criteria for each. To my mind the third candle in the group of three pink candles on the far left should be green as it looks like a higher low and is a bullish candle in the original candle chart in the direction of the main trend as shown by the pink inefficient(!) trend line. I thought that retracement candles go against the main trend so in the above examples retracement candles should be bearish candles but it seems RC and FC are both bullish and bearish?

I’m also wondering why in some of the downward subtrends , eg the fifth one, there’s green candles amongst the pink candles as they look as if they are continuing the downward subtrend and I thought they should all be pink as they are all retracing against the main upward trend?

Apologies for taking this thread a step back! :o

It is very easy just to put the ema’s one by one yourself. You don’t need anyone else’s template. When you’re finished just save the template and use it on other currencies. Doesn’t take more than a few minutes.

I have a feeling that tymen will not be using candlesticks because he says this at the very beginning of the thread:

For that you had to wait until a candlestick pattern actually appeared and that meant continuous monitoring of the computer screen.

The candlestick method works but it is tedious. I think this method will end up using some type of custom indicator that will be able to provide alerts.

thats definitely possible, i forgot he mentioned that.

Read the topic #5 “CONTINUING THE DEFINITION SEARCH
TRENDS AND RETRACEMENTS” :

"Code

The green candles are higher lows and make up forward subtrends.
The pink candles are retracement candles (groups of 1 or 2).

Definitions :

A forward subtrend is 3 or more candles going in the same direction (higher lows/lower highs) as the main trend.

A retracement subtrend is 3 or more candles going against the direction of the main trend."
It means that retracement cande of the trend is a candle that going against the direction of the trend
same thing - forward candle is a candle going in the same direction (higher lows/lower highs) as the main trend.
Also you can read the first grade of the shcool in this web site. its explains where are highs and lows of the candles. there is a picture.

oops,

forward candle of the trend is a candle going in the same direction (higher lows/lower highs) as the trend
here we go!

Exactly - you have answered your own question!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Don’t jump to conclusions RenaLa. :wink:

In doing so you are running ahead of yourself and making errors!! :eek:

Wait for the material to be revealed.
There is a lot of it so it does take time.

You may have to put this request on the forum generally if no one here meets your expectations. :slight_smile:

Hi tymen,
can I ask you please…

yesterday you have showed the rally chart
after rally the price allways going in opposite direction and how far(in %)?:confused: (I know I go little bit head :))

Hi Tymen,

im one of the “newer” guys here.
I just want to leave you a big “thank you” for that thread.

My feelings on this thread as a newbie:

• Its structured so well, it makes it easy to follow. Even for me.
  • The explanations are really good and i can understand everything
  • I really apreciate it that you give us all time to learn and think about it.

Overall im really impressed and feeling like i found a “gold nugget” here :smiley:

Keep going tymen. You rock! :slight_smile:

I am sorry but this time I do not clearly understand your question. :confused:

Thank you, [B]Nforex, [/B]for your encouragement and very kind comments. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Before we go on to the next step we must understand that the [B]CLOSE [/B]is the important value we consider in every candle.
[U]
This is most important!![/U]

When we use indicators, we always consider the close as the most important value because indicators are mathematically calculated with the close.

[B]Indicators know nothing about a high, open or low.[/B]