The finest in trend trading

Thanks Tymen1 great thread!
I am newbie been trading demo account for a year now, and just starting to trade live. Would appreciate any on going help and advice.

Gerard1:)

Great work Tymen, Do you think this multiple contract entry approach would work on a 4 hr or daily timeframe? I know its assumed prior to entry that one expects an imminent move in your chosen direction of trade but its a big jump going from 80-100 SL to a 20 pip SL on a 4 H timeframe for eg.? i guess we need to demo it first.
Cheers

excellent work tymen

Nice improved version of gravitons multiple contract method
if there is an [B]EA[/B] for this it will be veryuseful i think [B]Dodge[/B] will do that
if we want to manage more trades with multiple contract manaually i think it will be messy , EA helps in that stituation.

thank you
immanuel

More great reading, Thank you Tymen & the rest who have contributed.

I’ve finally managed to get a few days away from work to study more & actually practice CBL’s! :smiley:

Albeit I did have to fracture some ribs by falling off the ladder at work, but you gotta do what you’ve gotta do aye?
Who said I wasn’t dedicated to the cause. :stuck_out_tongue:
The prescription drugs are a bit potent which stuffs up my concentration so next time I’ll try some other injury that doesn’t cause so much pain & drugs :wink:

Something else that might be useful to know; If you’re away from an internet connection & still want to read the thread (& there are no PDF’s) simply save the pages on the thread,

Go to the File option on your browser, then /save as/ & select where on your computer you want to store the page etc. I’ve saved the last thirty pages of this thread on a memory stick so I can review at any time on my laptop or on the work computer.
Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hello everyone
I’ll post a graph of my day yesterday, good day, that does not meet all the rules Tymen DNA, but the result is there.
Happy to answer all comments and suggestions
Regards, Didier

Great! I am learning MP’s whiteboard too. Looks like a very powerful teaching tool. MP is really resourceful in such things! Please give us some advance notice when you will be on the whiteboard so we can all plan our time accordingly.

Attached is my Grid Trading EA, modified for use with the Tymen rules above.

Here is a Youtube Video explaining how to use it.

YouTube - The Finest in Trend Trading - Grid Trading EA

Results from the video (random trades):

DO NOT TRADE LIVE WITH THIS EA! THERE MAY BE BUGS, PLEASE TEST IN DEMO FIRST!

Note, you will first need to download and save the file to the following directory:

C:/Program Files/<Installation Folder>/experts

Here is an earlier video I made which should help with that. At about 38 seconds in I’m showing where to save the file. Don’t save it to the Indicators folder though, just Experts will do.

YouTube - Setting up Tymen Starc Bands with MetaTrader 4

Final_Tymen.ex4.zip (33.4 KB)

1 Like

How will end this trade:D

You are absolutely correct IronHeart. :o :o :o

Thank you for being vigilant!! :slight_smile:

Rather than write the method all over again I will simply edit it.

[B]So after this post, the method is completely correct!![/B]

Why would it not work? :confused:

Check it out on demo first!! :wink:

We have 3 great programmers on this thread!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Each person has their particular strengths!! :cool:

They are …

[B]Merchantprince
DodgeV83
IronHeart.[/B]

[B]Where would we be without them!!?[/B]

Good stuff, [B]green as grass[/B]. :slight_smile:

Albeit I did have to fracture some ribs by falling off the ladder at work,…

Important rule in forex trading…[B]Do not fall off ladders!![/B] :smiley: :smiley:

A definite handicap to forex trading!! :smiley:

[B]Didier [/B]has a knack of being able to use multiple lots to pile on the pips!! :smiley: :wink: :slight_smile: :cool:

[B]DodgeV83 [/B]is back to the rescue with his usual tremendous programming skills!! :slight_smile: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I do not know who posted the chart below but it was on the whiteboard.
I will go thro it to show how to trade the multiple contracts >>>

The CBL is correct (the 2nd candle body is larger than the extreme candle so use only 1 candle).

At line 2 enter 2 contracts.
Set stoploss at line 1.

Wait.

At line 3 exit 1 contract = +20 pips.
Move stoploss to line 2.

Wait.

At line 4 enter a new 2nd contract.
Move stoploss to line 3.

Wait.

The price action drops back to line 3 - hits stoploss.
1st contract = +20
2nd contract = -20
Bank = +20
TOTAL = +20

Keep going - we have not hit the upper BB yet.

At line 4 RESTART - enter 2 contracts.
Set stoploss at line 3.

Wait.

At line 5 exit 1 contract = +20 pips.
Move stoploss to line 4.

Wait.

At line 6 enter a new 2nd contract.
Move stoploss to line 5.

Wait.

At line 7 enter a new 3rd contract.
Move stoploss to line 6.

Wait.

Candle pulls away from BB so exit for an extra 5 pips on all contracts.

Profit Analysis.

From 1st Trade = +20 (Bank).

From 2nd Trade…
Bank = +20
1st contract = +65
2nd contract = +25
3rd contract = +5
TOTAL FOR 2ND TRADE = +95

GRAND TOTAL FOR TRADE = +115 pips.

1 Like

Hi all! Late to the thread as usual for myself… I’ve read the first 20 pages or so and I saw mention of a pdf that might consolidate what Tymen is teaching/has taught so far. Is this currently available? Thanks :slight_smile:

[B]Merchantprince [/B]is in charge of all the PDF’s and knows exactly where to find them. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hi DodgeV83,

I cant see the video
have you created this code based on 5 contracts method?
Would you post uncompiled code please … you know its money involved :confused:

It’s me,

thanks for the input Tymen

DodgeV83, you save my life I was tired to make visual backtest with an simple simulator, many thanks

Greg

Keep going sounds scary to me! Sometimes it never hits the upper BB, which would cause multiple losses in a choppy market. I’ll see how this works in backtesting.