The finest in trend trading

good going with this thread guys, hats off to u guys making this a success.

I have downloaded all necessary Java and Adobe flash player 10 to run the Desktop share on the whiteboard.

But I do not know how to use the Desktop share, although I do know how to use the DNA whiteboard with its screen shots and imports. :frowning: :frowning:

Wow. Thanks for the superb work Dodge.
I am fast running out of superlatives for you.

:slight_smile:

Hello DodgeV83,

is there a way you can add to EA an emergency button (or something) that can closed all lots?

[B]Mastersafe [/B]has just guided me to victory with the Desktop share.

I can now give a LIVE presentation with audible voice since I purchased a microphone today. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

So stay tuned to login to Bollinger DNA set up by [B]Merchantprince[/B]. :cool:

In my own humble opinion, ABSOLUTELY! The math behind Tymen’s CBL entries works on all time frames, as he has stated before (you have to read his statements on this subject carefully). I do not trade short time frames though because there are so few pips per trade, spread takes a large percent of my profits.

My experience so far is CBL entries and multi-lot position management actually works much better on longer time frames because of the persistence of trends and much larger pip moves that are available for the multi-lot on larger time frames. We go through this type of long term trading in detail on my companion thread, Multi-Time Frame Trend Trading.

I use a couple trade filters in longer term trend trading. The higher time frame, daily if you are trading H4, MUST be trending in the direction of your trade. If the time frame one above that, weekly in the case of trading the H4, is also trending in the same direction as your trade, that may help slightly, but it’s not a necessity.

The other (optional) trade filter I use is the 15 minute Stoch must be fast line crossed over slow line in the direction of your trade. This just helps keep me from entering a trade at a bad moment in time where a reversal is already forming at a lower time frame, but just hasn’t filtered up to the higher time frame yet. You can see this type of building reversal price action clearly at lower time frames without an indicator if you prefer. That might be even better if you like to trade naked (no indicators) :smiley:

Happy Trading

1 Like

Thank you for the quality post, [B]Graviton[/B]!! :slight_smile:

I take it that about 1 hour is the smallest time frame you would consider. :slight_smile: :wink:

Yes, for my personal trading style, 1H is the minimum I trade. Of course, everyone is a little different :slight_smile:

fantastic thread, learned lots from it. just thought i’d say it to show appreciation for all the hard work tymen and others have put in. always nice to receive some appreciation i believe

oh, im the guest 1 on the whiteboard thingy you communicated with earlier, tymen. greetings from singapore :smiley:

thanks for the reply Gravitation and Tymen. I only trade the 4hr and sometimes if my money mgt will allow I might trade the daily. I like to take things nice and slow so I have plenty of time to manage my trades. I personally think one needs to be a full time trader to trade anything below the 4 hr otherwise you are playing with fire in this business.
Cheers

Hello Dodge, I’m not going to be original, and I’ll add my voice to all members of this thread who wanted to congratulate you very warmly.:slight_smile:
I am always appreciative, not only your competence programs but also your altruism, which allows you to share with us all, while I understand you had a very developed.
I guess you’re also here for the fun story some challenges, and certainly support our teachers that are Tymen and Graviton.
Again thank you and bravo to all.
Regards, Didier.:slight_smile:

Thank you again for that answer.
I too found that I could trade the full DNA method without too many problems by trading the higher time frames.

However, I must cater for all tastes including the traders of 1/2 min timeframes!! :smiley: :smiley:
So therefore, the restrictions came in.

I fully take note of your statement that a higher timeframe does much better with the multiple entry approach.
That I will use in my own trading.

On the whiteboard demo, things may be different - who is going to watch an hourly timeframe for 10 or more candles in a demo? :smiley: :rolleyes:
Here I may have to resort to a (ugh)…5 minute chart!!

Ahhhhh…You are the mysterious guest in the same timeframe as me!! :smiley: :smiley:

If you were to follow thro the thread of [B]o990l6mh[/B], [B]Honorary FX [/B][B]Member[/B], you will find that he started on short timeframes and worked up to daily timeframes which he now trades.

I think you have to do it that way – short to long. You don’t get enough practice if you start on long timeframes.

1 Like

[B]Merchantprince [/B]is at the moment trying to solve a technical problem with regards to recording the demo trades.

The audio is not working yet but we will see soon.

Then we can do a demo trade and record it.

We will probably still have to do one with 5 minute candles to keep everyone’s attention.

Please has any body got the Mq4 file format of the period converter? Would appreciate it if u can post it here. Thanks

[B]DodgeV83 [/B]has posted it several pages back - scroll backwards until you find it.

As requested, the Period Converter in MQ4 format.

Enjoy!

Period_Converter_Opt.zip (4.97 KB)

It is attached, along with a template file setting up the following extra time frames:

20m 25m 35m 40m 45m 50m 55m

Follow the instructions from the following video,

YouTube - Setting up Tymen Starc Bands with MetaTrader 4

using the files attached here, and you will be all set.

Period Conveter.zip (5.68 KB)