The finest in trend trading

hello!
Im 4x newbie here. I have managed to read this thread up to 100 pages now.
My question is, how do we predict the close of a candle where we supposed to put our entry/close?
Isnt it that after a candle close, it immediately open another candle? Then how do we managed to enter/close at the closing candle?
Sorry for this dimb question.

Hi Mario,

I have to encourage you to keep reading on another 200 or so pages!

We never actually traded using the MACD or MMACD indicators.

It will all become clear after you carry on reading. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=mario777;203919]hello!
Im 4x newbie here. I have managed to read this thread up to 100 pages now.

Mario, Iā€™ll give you a little advice, you focus on the posts that go Tymen main page and on the ā€œnewbie islandā€ you have a home where you will find the pdf which partially summarize the method Tymen.:wink:
Regards, Didier.

PTB, great to see you back! Glad to hear things are now going well for you. In my opinion, a solid internet connection is critically important. I have a very solid connection, but I also have a mobile connect card on my laptop that gives me a good solid back-up. Even if you have to spend a few more dollars per month, a solid internet connection is well worth the cost in the long run.

Itā€™s nice to see some more mature traders on this thread. Sometimes I start to feal like an old man alone with all these bright young people and their wiz bang computer programs. Pepper us with questions and charts on your trading if you have any. Iā€™m sure someone will be happy to try to answer them. Welcome back!

Tymen, thanks for bringing up the PSAR again. I have used it in the past as a good reference point on setting stops and taking profits with very good results. I donā€™t know of anything that works 100% in Forex, but we donā€™t need 100% to be very successful. As far as maximizing taking profits, I will re-post an evaluation method I use to measure my effectiveness here. It goes as follows:

[I]So how do you determine if a system works better than say a fixed Ā½ ATR trailing stop or using PSAR to take profits? To evaluate that youā€™ll need to collect another stat as you trade, MPA or maximum profit available, as well as the usual things in the trade log that most trading systems keep. In the dream world best case, you would always take your profit right at the maximum profit available, which is the peak highest possible profit point during the course of the trade. In reality though that will rarely happen and the actual profit (AP) will be something less than the maximum possible. By dividing the actual profit by the maximum profit available you can calculate your profit efficiency (PE), so PE = AP/MPA. So if you actually take 70% of the available profit, your PE will be 0.70 and of course, the higher the PE, the better you are doing at maximizing the profit you are taking. To look at PE for several trades, just use the ones that had a profit, add the MPAā€™s and APā€™s and divide as usual to get a PE average for a group of trades. Note that spread is not considered or included in any of these calculations since it can vary from one pair to the next and it will throw off your calculations.[/I]

I think just having an objective measure of effectiveness at taking profit is a very cool thing. Of course, I may be a bit biased since I love this stuff, but Iā€™ve been developing this and using it in many ways for a long time and itā€™s a very cool stat to record and track on trading. Iā€™ve increased my profits considerably through the use of this stat. Let me know your thoughts.

Glad to see you feeling better and posting again :slight_smile:

Great to see you persisting here, Vulcan Classic.

Your timezone is close to that of New York, which is exactly 12 hours different from mine.

I usually do my lessons in the evening so that would be during the day for you.
Go on the chat room and petition the others there for a suitable time for a lesson for you.
Because you are a long time friend, I will give you absolute priority!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Great to have you back, [B]PTB[/B]. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I tend to be a bit of a mother hen, looking after all her chicks!! :smiley: :smiley:

[B]Graviton[/B], besides being a talented writer, I think you are going to fill the vacancy on this thread for the position of statistics collector!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Some of those statistics you publish are very important, such as the one you posted on your own thread about the adequacy of a 30 pips stop since trades rarely retrace beyond this point. :slight_smile: :wink:

Thanks Tymen. Yes, good trades rarely retrace beyond that 30 pip point. Bad ones often do. I have had enough bad ones to testify to that. But weā€™ll work on that going forward, eh?

[B]TOPIC 17
EXCELLENT EXITS ON BOLLINGER BAND WALKS[/B]

I devote this section to a very important persuit - that of quality exits on BB walks when we deal with both bubble and sausages.

[B]The BB walk is the most powerful form of rapid profit trading there is besides a news release.
It is, therefore, very important that we pay close attention to good exits on these bands as our greatest profit potential lies here. [/B]

The exit on a BB bubble is reasonably straightforward - the opposite BB contracts, the candles start developing on the inside of the bands, and the stochastic crosses over.
The general trend here is nice and smooth.

It is different, however, with the BB sausage.
There are many opposite BB contractions with their attendant candles going inwards and the stochastic goes crazy.
This can leave you either utterly confused or with an exit that is way less than what you could have got.

So here, we are going to try to standardise some of the best exit methods that work uniformly for both BB bubbles and sausages.
Then you will not have to worry about which BB pattern is forming.

So I made a trade last night on AUDUSD with a really nice setup up from the 3 hour all the way down to 15. And then forgot about it. Literally forgot, not that I just let it ride :slight_smile: I went to sleep and woke up thinking that I probably got stopped out.

Nope.

125 pips. :smiley:

That was lucky!

So what can we learn? Well first, if you have an open trade that you want to monitor, hold off on your sleeping pills. :wink:

And more importantly, make sure to enter on great setups. They may protect your from your idiocy! :smiley:

Glad this methods working for you Rob.

I just made a trade on the GBPUSD today as well, risked 26 pips and closed my trade at 40 pips. Overall R/R = 1:1.5 !

If I had stayed in, I could have made 80 pips! (R/R = 1:3.07) :eek:

Hey tymen, i cant wait for the next topic!

Anyway i was just wondering, since you do know that in sausages PA tends to bounce to the midd BB and continue down the walk back and forth for a while.

Why not we exit our trade once PA is approaching the mid BB and re enter it again if there the PA hits the low of the extreme candle? (This would be a short scenario)

If PA does not hit the low of the extreme candle, we do not enter the trade and that could mean that the trade has actually reverse and go towards the outter (upper) BB.

This way, we have exited and retain most of our profits.
Feel free to criticise, im open to anything :slight_smile:

errrrā€¦Yes!! :o :o :o

You think they would put that in a manual or something!

So I made two losing trades last night. Luckily, they were small losses totaling 20 pips because of good MM and a watchful eye.

And both were entirely my fault. I lost patience and entered when the signals were not perfect. This is by far, the biggest thing I have to struggle withā€¦waiting for entry.

I understand this concept, Fartist. :slight_smile:

I explained this method in this thread much earlier on (you were not here yet!! :smiley: ).
It was meant to be an addition to the simple exit method - If the price regained momentum, you re-entered.

Sometimes the re-entry is not worth the trouble because the rest of the price action is short lived.

It seems to me that it will be necessary to classify the bubble into groups - same for the sausages.

I suspect that each group will have defining characteristics that will allow you to estimate the highest probability of a certain exit point.

Hi Tymen,

In your last lessonā€™s video, at the end of the lesson you mentioned you have not actually reveal fully the in and out of the BB DNA method, that enables you to have an almost 100% win rate. Now of course itā€™s true that itā€™s very right of yours to keep the last knock out punch secret to yourself, but just curious, would you eventually reveal it one day? I know people like myself could do with it badly to increase our shabby win rates.

And what time frames do you currently trades with it? According to NBā€™s backtesting he found 4H and above to be reliable where as you suspect a happy median for the method would be 20/30M. It would be nice to know how you approach it currently. Thank you

There is a strong possibility that I will. :slight_smile:
But look at my next comment.

I know people like myself could do with it badly to increase our shabby win rates.

Why is this so? :frowning:

If you are trading the DNA method correctly then your statement is not a true appraisal of the method.
It is you that is doing something wrong, not the method.
Do not blame the tools!! :frowning:

Your money management strategies play and important part here. :wink:
If you do not do this correctly after all the cousel given in this thread, then what else can I offer you?
A further improved method will not help you.

Please read the following hyperllink carefully - it applies to you!!
Go to the 2nd Article - [U]Tate on Trading - LTCM and the Quest for the Holy Grailā€¦[/U]

Trading Game Newsletter

And what time frames do you currently trades with it?

I trade any timeframe I wish.
Again, it is your money management skills and stop loss strategy that give you the winning edge, not the particular timeframe.
If others find certain timeframes good for them, so be it.
Go for a timeframe you are happy with.
I have a definite preference for intraday trading.