The finest in trend trading

coutertrend is trade against the major trend :slight_smile:

actually is what i do:) every new trend starts as a coutertrend of the previous trend thatĀ“s why i like it so much, it mades a lot more pips with a bigger RR ratio ā€¦ but the win % ratio is not as good as trend tradingā€¦

thank you ruilima22, :slight_smile:
how do you know when countertrend starts ? do you use fibo levels or something ?
How do I know that will it be a trend and not flag pattern is forming for example?

What is RR ratio ?
hope tymen will not upset :slight_smile:

i have my own system posted here in babypips and if tymen is upset all he need to do is ask and we delect those off topic messages with no stress :slight_smile:

rr ratio is risk/reward ratio. is the amount of pips that you risk in one trade (by the SL) in relation with the amount of pips that you win in that trade.

for egsample you open a trade with a 50 pips SL and you close that trade with 200 pips profitā€¦ that was a 1:4 rr ratio tradeā€¦ understand??

tymen havenĀ“t talk about it yet but i certain that he willā€¦ we should never open a trade with a potential profit lower than the risk we take.

and about knowing if the retrace is starting or notā€¦ well in forex we never know:) we just get a system with a good edge and them follow it until the million or the 0 :slight_smile:

yes, I did understand thank you :slight_smile:
I pretty sure tymen will talk about it also
I would glad to know more about your system also for my overall trading development :slight_smile:

just check the MMtt system in the holly grails section here in BB. and if you look at the first page youĀ“ll find a link to a chat room were we discuss it all day:)

sorry tymen for this litle off topic section.

iĀ“m outā€¦ and keep waiting for yours developments:)

This will be after I have moved home.

By the way, you are in Italy, are you not?
If so, I have a question to ask you. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You get 80% - excellent!! :slight_smile: :smiley:

Soldier on [B]ReaperKK[/B]!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Glad you like MT4, [B]PTB[/B]. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I see that you are going to become an expert in the use of it. :slight_smile:
You will then be able to advise other users when they have problems. :slight_smile:

Yes, its called a squeeze!! :slight_smile:

Let me let you in on a little [B]secret [/B]Jack. :smiley:

The squeeze is an area where trends are born.
The MMACD crossovers often start in the squeeze!!

This means you are introduced immediately to a BB bubble or sausage!!

This means you are introduced immediately to profit!! :smiley: :slight_smile:

You are welcome [B]sijeeva[/B]!! :slight_smile:

IF I go with [B]SIMPLE EXIT METHOD[/B] i am safe from bubble and sausage

Yes, absolutely!! :slight_smile:

The only thing is that with the BB sausage the exits will be somewhat messy as you saw in the examples.

Soldier on [B]Greg[/B]!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Yes, I remember!! :slight_smile:

ā€¦
ā€¦
I am about ready, my decision to open an account with Kinetic Securities is informed basically on your good word concerning them in you other thread(I hope I mention to Jay Pace I am also your student?

I know that Jay Pace will take good care of you!! :slight_smile:

ā€¦
ā€¦only green pipsland

Yep!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Are you in Australia or America?

[B]No problems here!! :)[/B]

You have posted good and helpful information here.
Anyway, RenaLa wants an anwer to her question and I appreciate it if others answer question besides just me. :slight_smile:

rr ratio is risk/reward ratio. is the amount of pips that you risk in one trade (by the SL) in relation with the amount of pips that you win in that trade.

for egsample you open a trade with a 50 pips SL and you close that trade with 200 pips profitā€¦ that was a 1:4 rr ratio tradeā€¦ understand??

tymen havenĀ“t talk about it yet but i certain that he willā€¦ we should never open a trade with a potential profit lower than the risk we take.

Absolutely true!! :wink:

and about knowing if the retrace is starting or notā€¦ well in forex we never know we just get a system with a good edge and them follow it until the million or the 0

Yes!!

A trade is not done until we hit either the profit target or the stop loss.
And, yes, we run a trade for all its worth!! :smiley:

No problems!! :slight_smile:

[B]RenaLa [/B]needs further education!! :smiley:

[B]OK, all questions answered.[/B]

To round off this section, I will just mention the remaining exit methodsā€¦

1. the trendline.
  2. the parabolic trendline.
  3. the wiggly wobbly trendline.

Here they are - they are not really very useful because they are too subjective. :eek:
However, I mention them to give a full rounded education in this area.

Here we have a BB sausage - you will recognise this one because we have seen it before >>>

This time some straight trend lines have been added.
The exits are at the close of the candle that breaks the trendline.

Re-entries when the price action breaks the high of the exit candle (going long)

This method is highly subjective and is not recommended.

Get the trendline wrong and your pipless!! :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :eek:

Much better to stay with the recommended methods described earlier.

The only real security that a man can have is reserve of knowledge!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is the much awaited wiggly wobbly trend line!! :smiley:

What is it? :confused:

It is nothing more than the Bollinger bands reset at a new standard deviation value - in this case 1.1
The standard deviation value is set in such a way that the first of the BB touching candles form part of the wiggly wobbly trendline.

The exit is the break of this trendline.
Re-entry as before.
Not recommended. (too subjective). :eek:

See the chart for clarification >>>

A man or do you mean a woman? :rolleyes: