The finest in trend trading

Cordite help me for remember to speak about fibo extensions , right

the blue one

Very well said, PTB!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Yes, its difficult for me to study in the second language,

thought that might you can explain where I am wrong

but you dont have too

Very nice piece of hard work you have done there, [B]cordite[/B]!!
You are in an excellent position to understand the ultimate system I am going to present here.
We may even be able to improve it!! :slight_smile:

My system will not have many rules at all.

The Fibonacci exit method does allow us to get greater pips by prolonging the exit point.
It does this by allowing the trade to ā€œbreatheā€ during a retracement period.

[B]However, there is one drama with it which I will describe belowā€¦[/B]

Here is a simple diagram of price action >>>

The trend is up and the red sections are retracements.

The problem is that the retracements do not produce profit.
They are stagnant areas where we simply diminish what we have already.

Imagine this being a daily chart.
You could be in retracement for 10 days or more!! :eek: :eek:
What a waste of time!! :eek:
What a waste of trading opportunity in another currency/timeframe!!

Would it not be better if we traded the blue sections long and the red sections short?
Yes, a few more spreads, but a whole lot more pips for us!!

That way, the red sections are working for us and not against us.

Before we go on, I will need some participation in the above exercise. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Then I am going to introduce something [B]revolutionary[/B], even by forex standards!! :smiley:
Something that has never been seen on of in any forex discussion ever!!

It will be discussed in the next section, which will be a new topic. :slight_smile:

[B]TOPIC 15
IMPROVING THE WIN/LOSS RATIO

THE D.N.A. OF THE BOLLINGER BANDS[/B]

This topic is absolutely revolutionary and is at the heart of my trading method.
I am extremely reluctant to post this material because I classify this as basically secret.

So, most importantly, I do not want hangers-on going beyond this point.
If you have little trading experience, or are just being casual, stop here now.
The stuff here will be beyond your ability to use!! :eek: :stuck_out_tongue:

[B]STRICTLY NO ENTRY[/B]
[B]ONLY DEDICATED TRADERS BEYOND THIS POINT!![/B]

Before I proceed even one iota further, I need that participation in the above exercise that I posted. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

(post #1911, page 192).

I would like a higher probability of winning.

Number 2, please.

If I felt greedy I could always increase my lot, and/or amount.

Red

I agree, I would increased the lot in three times at the lowest fibs level :slight_smile:

you forget to tell something tymen, no entry to cardiac people too :smiley:

sorry for mistake

I am beginner, as I am here since the beginning of this thread :slight_smile:

Ah well spotted. Yea, exactly what I meant, changing now.

Ta :slight_smile:

I have calculated the mathematical expectation of the two choices as follows:

1. 4.5

2. 1.45

Therefore the 1st scenario would be the most profitable, giving you 4.5 pips for every 1 pip risked. :smiley:

Let me start by saying that I do not know how to solve this problem mathematically - Iā€™ve been away from Probability and Statistics for too many years. I will do a bit more research - not only for the challenge but also to figure out which is really the better choice.

Having said that I think that the problem is incomplete without specifying what the 10 pips loss potential means in terms of the trading account.

Now, having admitted my ignorance Iā€™ll still make a choice and go for the .98 win probability over the .5 (despite the larger winning amount) just 'cuz I think I could get discouraged rapidly with a 50/50 win/loss ratio.

A little math makes this more fun:D

Letā€™s look at trade 1.

Since the win ratio is 50/50, but the risk ratio is so much more in our favor, expectancy would be 90 pips per trade gain over the long term.

Even if you lost 10 trades in a row, one trade would almost bring you back to b/e.

And if you WON 10 trades in a row, you would be up so much, losing 100 trades in a row which would be almost impossible mathematically, you would only be back down to b/e.

Trade 2 has more to offer in consistency, and since it is so highly reliable, you could count on compounding to enhance earnings.

Hereā€™s the easy math over 100 trades with no compounding.

Trade 1) 100 trades, 50 wins - 50 losses = 4500 pips

Trade 2) 100 trades, 98 wins - 2 losses = 1470 pips

Makes the choice kind of easy huh?:wink:

In all honesty though, it would probably be a combo of both.

There are times the market wonā€™t support a 100 pip move, and it becomes apparent fairly quickly.

In those times, a 50/50 gamble is off the table, and Iā€™d be more than happy to be slow steady Eddie.

Other than that, Iā€™m a 50/50 tradinā€™ foo!:smiley:

Cheers!

1 Like
  1. If I did 10 trades. 100/10 profit/loss, 50/50 win/lose ratio
    5 wins at 100 pips=500 pips
    5 losses at 10 pips= 50 pips
    Net profit is 450 pips ( not counting the added gray hair from the 50/50 )

If I did 100 trades = 5,000-500=4,500

1. If I did 100 trades. 98x15 pips = 1470-20=1450 pips profit

Which method would I prefer?
Method 1 would require deep pockets and lots of confidenceā€¦and patience.
Method 2 would probably require a lot more time at the computer.

I think I would prefer method 2. One in the hand is worth 2 in the bushā€¦at least on the nerves anyway.
Method 2 would also enable a trader to increase the value of each pip progressively as he went along.

Thanks Merchantprince, unfortunatly my broker doesnt provide Trading Station II platform :frowning:

IronHeard, its so sweet, I will be very happy and grateful if you can find the solution :slight_smile:

Regarding the exercise aboveā€¦

Itā€™s likely that going for 15 pips with a risk of 10, I can probably enter and exit 10 trades within the same time frame as a trade going for 100 pips.

With the increased number of trades, the second option becomes much more profitable and would be my choice.

If I were just placing 1 trade, however, with the given two options, the first option has a larger probabilistic expected profit.

With just 1 trade, the expected profit of the first option is, E(P2) = 45 and the expected profit of option 2 is, E(P1) = 14.5.

So in that case, my choice is the first option.